Totally Spies Fan Fiction ❯ Yugioh: Dueling Drama Much Season 4 ❯ Critial Convincing ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY
 
Davis' scream seemed to Echo all across the island, and Yubel saw, and heard everything. “Well, then… it seems I won't be needed the two of you after all…” she sniggered at Kari and TK, who were still chained to the walls of the cave.
 
“What are you going to do to him…?” Kari snapped.
 
Yubel sniggered some more, “You shall see, soon enough…” and she concentrated hard, focusing her powers…
 
 
Clover and I each came dashing across the grounds. “Clover…” I called. “Did you hear that…?”
 
Clover nodded, “Totally. It sounded like a baby trying to wrestle with a cat.”
 
I didn't know how to take that, but we both continued to run in the direction where the scream came from. Suddenly we saw “Sammy…!” Clover called.
 
She was there with Davis and it obviously looked as though they just dueled, and Davis had lost. “What's wrong with him…?” Clover asked as she motioned to Davis on his knees staring angrily at the ground.
 
“It's a really wired story…” Sam answered, “But I think I've finally shown him that being angry all the time is no way to act.”
 
She walked towards him and offered a friendly hand to help him up, but Davis slapped it away and growled viscously, “I don't want your sympathy.”
 
Sam sighed, “Davis… didn't you learn anything from what I just showed you? How all your anger is holding you back…?”
 
Davis gritted his teeth, “All I learned, is that even these cards are the most useless pieces of junk I've ever seen…!” he shouted as she angrily threw out all the card sin his duel disk, and some of them even got damaged for being thrown so hard. “I can't win being with Kari… I can't win being angry…! I'm just a born loser.”
 
Clover finally couldn't stand anymore of his bellyaching and slapped him across the cheek, knocking his shades clear off. Sam and I winced in shock. “Will you shut up and just listen for once…!” Clover snarled.
 
She gave him a lecture on the way he was acting and was comparing it as an attempt to try and be perfect… “There is so no such thing as being perfect. Okay, I'll admit even I've said I've found the perfect accessory, or the perfect guy, but in the end they turn out to be let major let-downs… but I found my way back to my feet and tried something new each time.”
 
“But here you are mouthing off at everyone's faces, with little or no regards to anyone's safety, and all you seem to care about is how you can power-up your own skills.”
 
Davis knew all that, “Being harsh and my not caring is the best way for me to stay strong.” he protested.
 
“No it isn't…” I said, “Being strong doesn't have to mean always being miserable all the time.”
 
I began to explain to him about the time Princess Sabrina and I were separated by the evil spirit controlling her father. We hadn't seen or spoken to each other in four long years, but our love for one another remained the same, deep and pure.
 
I missed Sabrina every day that I was on my own, but I didn't resort to making people suffer. At least not everyone, I did make those whom I couldn't stand pay the price for trying to be cocky and showoffs…
 
Then I began to teach the spies when he taught them at Mali-U, and I was greatly impressed by their dueling styles and tactics. I even invited them to come along and help me try to win Sabrina back, after they had convinced me to go after her.
 
Now thanks to their help Sabrina and I were married, and had two beautiful daughters. The king was saved, and we even found Sabrina's long lost brother, Estevan, who was stuck in a virtual-dimension.
 
“But Davis…” I replied, “The point is, I was only angry when I had to be, and even then I didn't like it when I was angry.” I paused for a moment, “Davis… you do have great potential but you've been following the wrong path… but there is still a chance for you. Now, what do you say… are you ready to try and change your ways…?”
 
Davis didn't know what to think or how to answer. His mind was all confused and cold from realizing that maybe he had been a bit of a creep, but could a guy like him really change…?
 
 
Suddenly the ground started to quiver. “Hey…! What's going on?” cried Sam.
 
Then, in a flash of light, Davis was incased in a giant blue gem, and the sounds of sinister laughter was heard over the shadows. It was Yubel… “We meet again…” she sniggered. “It's really so awkward that I should be thanking my sworn enemies… but you have succeeded in helping me gain what I desire.”
 
“What are you talking about Yubel…?” I snapped up at her.
 
Yubel laughed and then showed us by zapping Davis with a very powerful flash. We all ducked down and shielded our eyes as Davis yelped in horror, “Oh… OHHH-AAAHHH…!”
 
The light, and the gem had faded, but Davis' body was lying perfectly still on the ground. “No! She got his soul…!” cried Sam.
 
“Hmm, mm… yes I have…” Yubel said, “And a very strong one at that. Now all I require is one more soul like this, and the ultimate power will be mine!”
 
This was madness, but at least we were able to make good sense of what was going on. Yubel had lead Davis into a trap by forcing him into a duel so she could get a soul either way no matter who won or lost…
 
Suddenly, we realized, “ALEX…!”
 
She had run off to find the Rouge-Gang leader, and if what we thought was accurate, Yubel was intending to capture a soul there. We couldn't let that happen or Yubel would have enough power to get to the Sacred Beasts that were locked up somewhere in the Shadow Realm…
 
“Sam, take Davis to the castle. He needs medical treatment…” I said. Sam nodded and scooped Davis up in her arms before flying off to the castle. As for Clover and I, we headed off to the forest. We had to get to Alex before she got herself into trouble…
 
Clover carried me from underneath as we flew along, “Man… I hope we're not too late.” She said. “So do I, Clover… so do I.” I said.
 
 
Alex was already about to give up. She had search practically every square inch of the forest five times each. Her jetpack had overheated a while and she had been search on foot and through the trees, and she was really losing it…
 
“If you're… not going to bother and show… why bother make a ransom…?” she wondered.
 
Then suddenly she realized how dark it was in the forest, it was even darker than being outside. “Okay… starting to feel a little freaked-out.” she whimpered. Then it grew worse as she heard the leaves and branches rustle as if someone were moving up there…
 
Finally, someone leapt down from the trees, wearing a dark hood and cape. “Heh, heh… been a long time hasn't it Alex.” he said in a familiar voice; one that Alex heard somewhere before.
 
“Hey haven't we met somewhere before…?” Alex asked. The stranger nodded and removed his hood revealing the face of, “Chazz Princeton!” The leader of the Rouge-Gang and former guardian of the gate of darkness along the King's entry trial…
 
Alex also got the drift that he had been the one who was working for Yubel and doing her dirty work. “So what if I am…?” Chazz asked. “It's all worth it… especially if I want to get revenge!”
 
Alex's features hardened. She knew exactly what he was getting at; the time when she and the others were helping me get back with Sabrina, and she had to duel Chazz in order for us to proceed through the next gate…
 
Alex wasn't a very good duelist back then, but thanks to the help of everything I had taught her, and believing in herself, not only did she crush Chazz, but she even won off of him his Red-Eyes Black Dragon… a card Alex had always admired, and wanted, but was never able to get.
 
Alex went through her cards and showed it to him for the first time and a while. “I suppose you want to duel to try and win it back huh?”
 
Chazz sniggered and shook his head, “No… for a teacher you think so small. This isn't about winning back my Red-Eyes… I couldn't care less about that card anymore. Not when I got a whole new batch of rare cards courtesy of Yubel…”
 
“I'm in this for one thing, and one thing only… REVENGE…!”
 
Why wasn't Alex surprised, that's all what people were after for these days. Alex saw no choice but to put this loser in his place for good. “You wanted to duel me, well… you got it.” she snarled as she prepared her duel disk. Chazz did the same while sniggering at the same time…
 
“ALEX…!” called a voice from over the trees…
 
“Alex… where are you…?” called another.
 
But Alex didn't noticed, and the duel was already on, “DUEL…!” Alex and Chazz said at the same time just as Clover and I landed near the grounds. “Alex, No!” I called, but it was already too late.
 
“Well… looks like we got an audience today.” Chazz mocked.
 
“Alex, you've got to get out of that duel…!” cried Clover, but Alex was way too pumped up to listen to us. “Forget it… I haven't forgotten how bad this creep treated me last time… tying me in a chair and throwing fire at me…”
 
Those horrid memories were fueling Alex up so much, that she didn't realize what would happen if she lost this duel.. or won it in any case…
 
Nevertheless… the game was on!