Totally Spies Fan Fiction ❯ Yugioh: Dueling Drama Much Season 4 ❯ Grad Duel: Part one ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
 
The turns were set. First Mandy would move. Then TK… then Davis… and finally, Kari… So Mandy drew her first card…
 
(SCORE)
 
(Mandy: 8000/ Davis: 8000)
 
VS
 
(TK: 8000/ Kari: 8000)
 
 
Mandy: “Step back losers… and watch as I summon PENTEN THE DARK CLOWN…!”
 
(Atk: 500)
 
“And now I'll place one card face down, and end my turn. So get moving already.”
 
TK: “Shesh! You don't have to yell…”
 
(Draws)
 
TK's thoughts: “Well this is it. Me, in the graduation duel I better give it my all.”
 
TK: “Okay! I summon JETROID!”
 
(Atk: 1200)
 
“And that'll do for me.”
 
 
Now it was Davis' turn, but as he drew his card, that same smirk appeared on his face. “Hmm, mm…!”
 
TK saw it, “Davis, What are you laughing at?” he had to know.
 
Davis didn't insult TK, not this time. “It's funny you summoned that thing…” he said. “Because that's exactly what I plan to summon!”
 
“You what…?” TK asked.
 
 
Davis: “That's right…! I summon my own JETROID…!”
 
(Atk: 1200)
 
 
Not just TK, but everyone was amazed that he just played the exact same monster TK did. This led everyone to believe that Davis was using a deck that was like TK's. Filled with Vechroid-monsters… and a few tricks of his own.
 
“After all… it's not smart to copy someone else's deck out entirely.” Davis said. “Now I'll place one card face down and end my turn!”
 
Now it was on to Kari...
 
 
Kari: “Hmm…”
 
“I summon THE AGENT OF WISDOM - MERCURY… in defense-mode.”
 
(Atk: 1700)
 
“And I'll throw two cards face-down and end my turn.”
 
 
Up in the box, we all had been watching closely. “Well… looks like everyone's made a move now.” Sam said.
 
This only meant that it was time for the real action to begin. “The suspense is terrible…” Estevan said with excitement in his virtual-eyes, “I hope it will last.”
 
 
Mandy: “It's about time we got some action around here…!”
 
(Draws)
 
“Well… this looks interesting. I'll summon the X-HEAD CANNON to the field.”
 
(Atk: 1800)
 
“And I think I know which of you losers I want go for first. X-Head Cannon, attack The Agent of Mercury!”
 
Kari: “I don't think so. I activate the trap FAIRY BOX…!”
 
Mandy: “What…?”
 
 
As Kari's trap went into effect, she grabbed a coin from her pockets. “Here's how it goes…” she said. “I toss a coin, and if I call it right, your monster's attack drops to zero.”
 
Mandy gasped, and then Kari tossed the coin and called heads. She checked, “HA! It's heads.”
 
Which meant Mandy just attacked her monster with no attack points at all.
 
(Atk: 0) VS (Def: 1700)
 
(SCORE)
 
(Mandy: 6300/ Davis: 8000)
 
VS
 
(TK: 8000/ Kari: 8000)
 
 
Mandy growled angrily. It was if she had just attacked her own self! Still… she wasn't going to let herself be pushed far. “I'll place one card face-down and end my turn.”
 
Now it was TK's turn, and he had a rather strange idea in mind for his move as he drew his card. Since he and Davis both had a Jetroid on the field…
 
TK smiled, “I think I'll go for it.” TK said. “But first I'll lay one card face down… and now, get ready Davis, cuz my Jetroid will attack yours!”
 
(Atk: 1200) VS (Atk: 1200)
 
Both the jets were destroyed…
 
 
Davis: “Thanks to you TK… I can play a trap from my hand!” Davis said, “And I choose this one… JAR OF GREED…!So now I can draw another card.”
 
(Draws)
 
TK: “Well perhaps… but since mine was destroyed too, I can play my own trap, and I choose DUST TORNADO! So now I can destroy the other face-down card you have, and I can set one spell or trap card face down.”
 
 
Davis: “Pretty impressive TK, but not smart though. You just destroyed the WONDER GARAGE!”
 
TK: “Ah…!”
 
Davis: “Since it was destroyed I can summon a new monster. So I summon DRILLROID…!”
 
(Atk: 1600)
 
TK: “Pretty Good Davis… but I doubt it'll work for you this time. So I summon a monster in defense-mode and I'll end my turn.”
 
 
It was Davis' move now, but he had to keep in mind that Kari's Fairy-Box was still in play, and she could activate it even if he attacked TK instead… but he summoned forth the Drillroid for a good reason…
 
 
Davis: “It's my turn…”
 
(Draws)
 
“Okay then. I summon forth DECOYROID… in defense-mode!”
 
(Atk: 500)
 
“Now as for you Kari… prepare yourself. I'm attacking your angel again! Go Drillroid!”
 
Kari: “Huh…?”
 
(Atk: 1600) VS (Def: 1700)
 
 
Now normally an attack like that was foolish, but Kari's angel met it's fate. Kari wasn't able to use her Fairy-Box to negate the effect, and Davis didn't take any damage. “What just happened…?” Kari asked. “How come I couldn't defend myself…?”
 
TK expected Kari would wonder that seeing as how his Drillroid was never seen battling before. He explained that when Drillroid attacked a monster in defense-mode the monster would be destroyed instantly, and no battle damage would be dealt to either player.
 
“Ha-Ha! You got coaxed!” Mandy taunted and hooted, much to hers, and even Davis' annoyance.
 
Davis ended his turn by placing a card face down. Now it was Kari's turn, and in order to keep her Fairy-Box trap in play, she had to pay-up 500 life points on her every turn…
 
(SCORE)
 
(Mandy: 6300/ Davis: 8000)
 
VS
 
(TK: 8000/ Kari: 7500)
 
But when she drew her card, and compared it to what she had in her hand. She realized what she'd be able to do…
 
 
Kari: “I'll start things off by playing a Field Spell…! HA! I play… THE SANCTUARY IN THE SKY…!”
 
 
The whole stadium began to morph into a heavenly sky scene. With clouds, and even an enchanted palace. “Hey…! What's going on?” Mandy wanted to know.
 
Kari explained, “This field spell only works on Fairy-type monsters. Now whenever a fairy is involved in a battle the owner won't take any damage.”
 
Mandy and Davis each grunted under their breath…
 
 
Kari: “Now it only gets worse. I summon THE AGENT OF FORCE - MARS…!”
 
(Atk: 0)
 
“And just wait until I show you his special-ability. Since my life points are now higher than yours are, Mandy, the difference in our scores becomes my Agent's attack power!”
 
(Atk: 0) Becomes (Atk: 1200)
 
Mandy: “AH! You just got a load of points like that?”
 
Kari: “Mmm-Hm… and just wait until I wipe the floor with that Dark clown of yours. Mars… Attack!”
 
(Atk: 1200) VS (Atk: 500)
 
(SCORE)
 
(Mandy: 5600/ Davis: 8000)
 
VS
 
(TK: 8000/ Kari: 7500)
 
Kari: “And thanks to that recent attack, now his power goes up even further…”
 
(Atk: 1200) Becomes (Atk: 1900)
 
 
TK smiled at her, “Great move Kari…” he complimented her, but before Kari could reciprocate, “Bad move, Kari…!” Mandy sniggered with her trademark laugh. Kari and TK wondered what's he was talking about…
 
“There's a reason I left my Dark Clown in attack-mode… because I knew that you losers would try and go for It.” she explained. “Now I get to activate this trap… DECK DESTRUCTION VIRUS…!”(Anime Card only)
 
 
Up in the box, “That's it…!” The King cried, “That's one of the cards that were stolen from the works.”
 
The spies and Sabrina leaned in closer to observe the new card, and before anything else happened… Kari was forced to send the top ten cards in her deck straight to the graveyard. “And you better get used to that happening, every time you attack a Dark monster on this side of the field.”
 
“Oh… and did I mention that when Penten the Dark Clown is destroyed by battle… I can special summon another one directly from my deck…”
 
(Def: 1200)
 
Kari couldn't believe it. Already twenty-five percent of her deck had been eliminated, and both and she and TK would have to be extremely careful when attacking monsters on the other side of the field.
 
“Don't feel bad Kari…” TK said to perk her spirits up again. “You still have the strongest card in play, and you won't take any damage.”
 
Kari nodded in agreement, and ended her turn.
 
Mandy laughed as she drew her card. “She won't be having the strongest card in play. Not for long…”
 
 
Mandy: “Ha…! I summon Y-DRAGON HEAD…!”
 
(Atk: 1500)
 
“Now I'll reveal my face down card ULTIMATE OFFERING…!”
 
“Now by Paying 500 life points I can summon another monster just like that…”
 
(SCORE)
 
(Mandy: 5100/ Davis: 8000)
 
VS
 
(TK: 8000/ Kari: 7500)
 
“So here comesZ-METAL TANK…!”
 
(Atk: 1500)
 
 
Kari wasn't impressed by the way Mandy was able to summon more monsters like that in one turn. “You forget…” she pointed out, “You lowered your life points more, so my Agent of Mars gains more power…”
 
(Atk: 1900) Becomes (Atk: 2400)
 
Mandy laughed even harder. “That maybe so… but you realize something about my monsters. I can remove them all from play right now… and summon forth a Fusion monster known as… XYZ-DRAGON CANNON…!”
 
(Atk: 2800)
 
Kari gasped, “Oh, no! It's even stronger than my Mars Agent.”
 
Mandy nodded, and informed her that it was only going to get worse. “Now I activate CARD OF DEMISE…!”(Anime Card only)
 
“Now I draw five new cards, but in five turns I have to ditch every card in my hand, but I think I'll go ahead and discard one of them now…”
 
By doing this… Mandy was able to destroy Kari's monster just like that , due to her Dragon Cannon's special ability. Then she discarded another card to get rid of her Fairy Box.
 
Kari was totally defenseless now. “Well… look what we got here.” Mandy said. “Fresh meat! Dragon Cannon, attack her life points now!”
 
(Atk: 2800)
 
Kari braced herself for the impact. Mandy began to laugh for joy, but then “Huh..?”
 
“Activate…SHIFT!” TK shouted as he activated his trap-card. At once… Mandy's attack was diverted and attacked TK's monster instead. “Hey…!” Mandy shouted. “You can't do that?”
 
TK just smirked at her. “I can, and I did. I couldn't let you attack Kari like that, so I made your Dragon Cannon attack my face down monster instead. So you destroyed my SANGAN…!”
 
“Now I can add one monster with 1500 attack-points or less to my hand, and I choose my Submarineroid.”
 
Mandy gritted her teeth in anger at the fact that she had been outsmarted. “Fine then… I'll lay one card face down and end my turn!” The look of furry remained on her face. She was really planning to get back at TK for what he just did.
 
Kari however was grateful that TK saved her that time. She planned to make it up to him… somehow, but for now it was TK's turn.
 
 
(Draws)
 
TK: “Now I'll summon forth my SUBMARINEROID…!”
 
(Atk: 800)
 
“And thanks to its special ability, I make a direct attack. So now I'll have him attack Davis' life points!”
 
Davis: “Mmm…! GRR…!”
 
(SCORE)
 
(Mandy: 5100/ Davis: 7200)
 
VS
 
(TK: 8000/ Kari: 7500)
 
TK: “And now thanks to its other special ability, once it attacks it goes into defense-mode.”
 
(Def: 1800)
 
“Now I'll place one card face down and end my turn.”
 
 
Before he made his move, Davis smiled wickedly. “Impressive move TK.” he said as he drew his card. “But don't think for an instant that I'm beaten just yet.”
 
 
Davis: “Now I activate MYSTICAL SPACE TYPHOON…!So I can destroy your face down.”
 
(Card destroyed)
 
“And next… I'll sacrifice both my monsters… so I can summon forth this. BARREL DRAGON…!”
 
(Atk: 2600)
 
 
Alex was the one who gasped, and she wasn't even the one facing the monster, but she did remember the last time she faced one. “That monster…” she cried. “It still gives me nightmares.”
 
The rest of us all agreed with her. Now Davis would get to toss a coin three times, and if all three calls were correct, he could destroy one monster in the field… and he was already tossing the coin.
 
He called heads… the tails… and tails again, but he missed on his last call. “Ah well… a minor set back.” he said. “But there is still something I can do…”
 
“I activate my facedown card, STOP DEFENSE…!”
 
TK gasped as the magic of that spell card forced his Sub to switch into Attack-position. TK was wide open, and Davis ordered his Dragon to attack, “Go, PROTON BLAST…!”
 
(Atk: 2600) VS (Atk: 800)
 
(SCORE)
 
(Mandy: 5100/ Davis: 7200)
 
VS
 
(TK: 6200/ Kari: 7500)
 
TK shook himself back awake, but both he and Kari really felt as if they were in danger. Both Mandy and Davis had cards that could get well behind their defenses easily.
 
This duel was truly exciting to watch, and would only grow more exciting as it proceeded…!
 
To Be Continued