Transformers Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Everstin Chronicles ❯ Me, Fight A War? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

Me? Fight a war? Were they nuts? I was only twelve years old! Twelve-year-olds don't fight in wars! Let alone win them for them. I mean c'mon did you actually think I believed in all that shape shifting crap?

I stopped. I was walking home after that day. I didn't bother waiting for Copper. It wasn't his business anyway. I had no choice. I had to fight this war...or...or...they would banish me from Everstine forever.....or worse. I shook my head at the thought. Was it so important to have a shape shifter in this war? I mean, couldn't they beat a whole bunch of slugs without me?

I felt a rain drop fall on my noise. Then first slowly but then faster the rain started to come down. It cause my black hair to come from it pony tail. I didn't move, I just stood there. I let the rain fall on me, drip from me. I felt as if my entire life would never be same.

Instead of a normal, wholesome life, I'd live one of fear, danger, excitement, and death. If I didn't kill I'd be killed. I would be forced to kill. The fact that I was scared. The fact I would have to kill was even scarier. The fact that it thrilled me, down right freaked me out the most. I was mostly afraid that I was going to like all of this.

I had finally made my way back home. I was dripping wet and deep in thought. I felt as if there was something inside of me longing to wake up from its eternal sleep and that I had just gotten a taste of what it can do.

"Where have you been?"

I looked up at my father. "No where," I replied. "I came strait home as you told. I just didn't walk fast."

"You'd think being the fact that it's raining it cause you to move faster," he snapped.

"The rain favored me," I said.

"Are you getting smart?" he growled.

"I thought I was smart to begin with."

He grabbed me arm. "Don't you dare talk like that to me again girl! Do you hear me!"

I stared at him in awe.

"I said, 'Do you hear me?!'" He slung his arm back and his fists caught me in the cheek. It didn't hurt...physically. "Answer me!"

"I hear ya!" I yelled back, jerking my arm away.

He was a surprised; I had never fought back before. I just sorta let him do. I was surprised myself. I never yelled at my father before, no matter how bad he got.

"Oh, that was a mistake little missy," he growled. "Don't you move, I've got a wire with your name on it."

"I'm shaking," I replied. Where was all this coming from? It was as if whatever was wanting to wake up was having effect on me. It was getting me in some deep shit too.

My father was frustrated now. He went into the other room and came out quickly with that oh so familiar wire in his hand. "Alright, Sindel Rip Raptor, you've asked for this. Now you're getting it. I never knew you can be so disrespectful to your old man. This hurts me alot more than it'll hurt you."

"Yea, that's what you always say, old man," I sneered. "I didn't bye it one bit."

"Why you..."

"I've come by to tell you I'm leaving."

He stopped.

"I'm joining the armed services, on account that I have no choice but to," I said. "Hmp, it's no doubt better than this hell. In fact I bet hell itself is better than this old place,"

He stood there in awe, like I had gone nuts or something. He was more likely right. I was nuts. This whole thing was nuts. How was I supposed to deal with ...this. I just knew that I had to.

"You're lying," he said.

"Honestly, old man, I sort of wish I was," I said. "But the blood test were done and all. I'm living proof that the ancient shape shifters still exists. Feel special, Dad, I'm going to save the world."

I turned my back. Sense! I snapped around and grabbed his arm before it struck me. Cool, I was fast. "Don't mess with me right now, Dad. I'm going through puberty. And a shape shifter going through this isn't exactly some one to mess with. You just might get killed." I threw him down. I gave him a snort and walked out my house. What was I going to do now?

The only place I knew where to go, was the base. That was where I was stationed to go. What else could I do? I had nothing left.

"Hey! Rip! Wait up!"

Copper? No, don't look back. Keep walking.

He finally caught up to me, panting. "Hey, what's the rush? What happened to you after school? We were supposed to meet up?"

I didn't reply. I didn't have the heart to. I just kept walking.

"Dude, what's with the silent treatment?"

"I can't talk now," I said. "I have to do something."

"Well, okay, then I'll guess I'll see you later. Right?"

Silence...

"Right?!"

"No," I said.

"Nani?"

"I won't see you later." I turned to him. "I won't see you ever again."

I spread my arms out. "Take a good look at me now, Copper. It's the last time you'll see me as your best friend, that tapes down her boobs."

"Rip, I don't understand."

"What isn't there to understand?!" I demanded. "I'm a freak! They're going to use me as a tool to when this stupid war of there's! I'm no longer Rip Raptor. In fact I don't know what they'll call me. I'll just be there. Take a good look at my Copper Ookami. It's the last time you'll see me!" I turned around quickly, the tears flying, running from my best friend, whom I left clueless.

I came upon the base. It was huge.

"Sindel Raptor, I'm glad you can make it."

I jerked my head around. It was that Leo guy from earlier.

"Welcome to your new home," he smirked. "Don't worry kid. We'll provide cha with all your basic necessities. You'll get your own room, three full course meals, tolietries, so see, no worries. It's not so bad here, kid. We'll treat you right."

"You better," I warned. "Because I'm the 'hope' for this planet." I gave him an evil glare. I could practically feel his chill go down his spine as I gave him that cold stare. It helped having evil eyes.

"C'mon, kid, I'll show you to your room, then you're required to come down for dinner," he said. "You may be the 'hope' but you're still a soldier hear like everyone else. You'll get treated the same as they are. Not as if your special."

"Hmm, we'll see about that," I smirked. "Now, show me to my room, big guy."

He narrowed his eyes at him He didn't like my attitude. Oh well, he'd just have to get used to me. I wasn't planning on changing, and nobody could make me.

"Here it is."

He opened the door and I walked in. "Ugh, it's smells stale."

"Get used to it," he said. "This is your home for the rest of your life, kid. Dress in uniform and c'mon down for eats."

"Call me kid again and I'll rip out your vocal cords," I snapped. "Call me by my name , Rip Raptor."

"Get your arse dressed and downstairs, Rip." He shut the door.

He's the first on my list, as soon as I finish with this joint.

I walked in the kitchen. The whole room stopped. Grown men and a few women (around age 20) stopped and stared at me.

"Umm...koonichi-wa." I gave a small wave.

"So, you're the kid that supposed to be the strongest warrior they got? You're the kid that's suppose to end this whole damn war?"

I glared at him. "It's what I was told."

"Well, no offence kid, personally, I think you're too scrouny to do much of anything. My 4 year old son can kick your ass."

"I warned Lt. Leo earlier that if referred to me as kid again, I would personally rip out his vocal cords. That goes for you too, Mr. Hotshot."

"I'm shaking."

"Try doing it while being afraid, it's much more fun for me."

"I don't like your attitude."

"I don't like the stench you've caused this place to have," I replied. "I'll have to deal with that, just like you'll have to deal with me."

"You little brat!" He lunged at me with his fist. I ducked and instead of catching my face, he caught the wall. "Yeeeooow!"

"Serves you right," I sneered, coming up behind him. "I'm 12, and a brown belt. Do you still want to fight?"