Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Dearly Beloved ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
It was a peaceful day at the Autobot headquarters. Sadly, days that started peaceful for them rarely stay that way. So far, this was shaping up to be one of those rare days.

"Wha'cha doin' Perceptor?" said Brawn.

"I was experimenting on various new lubes," replied Perceptor. "Ratchet is starting to complain about to always having to repair our damaged exhaust ports."

"Serves 'em right, I say. Couldn't they just find themselves some females, like right-thinking Autobots?"

"Good luck finding any. The last one we found short-circuited and blew up when we tried reviving her."

Their discussion was cut short was an alarm sounded.

"Alert! Alert!" Teletraan I announced. "Decepticon forces approaching!"

"We'll discuss this later," Brawn said. "Come and get it, Decepticreeps!"

"Stand down, Brawn," said Optimus, who'd just entered the room. "This is not an attack."

"I don't understand," said Perceptor.

"All will be explained at the meeting."

Sometime later, all the Autobots and Decepticons were gathered near Teltraan I.

"Put the lubes away and get over here," said Optimus.

"Yes, Prime," Perceptor said.

"I'll just put this as briefly as I can: Megatron and I are calling off the war."

Gasps of shock and disbelief could be heard all over.

"Megatron, what is this?!" yelled Starscream. "You dragged us out here just to witness your betrayal?"

"Silence, Starscream!" Megatron replied, knocking Starscream flat on his bottom.

"The battle between Autobots and Decepticons is over," Optimus said, disregarding the previous interruption. "Also, as a consequence of this, we shall all be returning to Cybertron."

"I'll be staying behind briefly," added Megatron, "along a few other Decepticons, to assist in repairing all Earth structures damaged by our attacks."

"The rest of you, pack your bags. We leave tomorrow. Oh, and Bumblebee?"

"Yeah?" Bumblebee said.

"You'd best... you should say goodbye to Spike. You may never get to see him again."

Bumblebee nodded, not knowing what Optimus meant, but he had a bad feeling about it.

The next days, the Transformers were on their ships, heading to Cybertron.

"Okay, Prime, out with it!" said Ironhide. "There's something else to this peace, isn't there?"

"Indeed," replied Optimus, "to seal this truce, Megatron and I have arranged a marriage between an Autobot and Decepticon."

"Are you serious?" said Brawn.

"Specifically, Bumblebee and Soundwave."

No one could find the words with which to respond.