Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Dearly Beloved ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The rest of their flight to Cybertron was utterly quiet. The ship landed in Iacon, next to the building where the newly-reconstituted government was being housed. Bumblebee got out, still not fully comprehending what he'd been told. He was going to marry Soundwave!? It couldn't be. It just couldn't be!

But it was.

Knowing there was no fighting this, he decided to just do his best to get used to it. He went to the bar where, rumor had it, Soundwave liked to hang out. It was his hope that the two would get acquainted, so they could start their lives together as smoothly as possible.

While he was waiting, Starscream walking in.

"Hey, Autobot!" Starscream said. "You're keeping us all waiting!"

"Huh?" replied Bumblebee.

"Don't 'huh' me! Soundwave's waiting for you at the Government Hall!"

"We're going through with it now!?"

"Yes, now!" said a now-irritated Starscream. "Get you're slaggin' butt over there!"

Bumblebee transformed and drove over to the Hall. There, he was met by Cliffjumper.

"Jeez, what are you trying to do?" Cliffjumper demanded. "Restart the war? Get in here!"

Bumblebee soon found himself standing before Optimus Prime, along with Soundwave. In attendance were various Autobots and Decepticons. Just then, Megatron entered, having finished the Earth repairs more quickly then anticipated.

"Good," Optimus said. "Now we may begin. Fellow Transformers, we gather here to witness the joining and Bumblebee and Soundwave. Be this as it may for political reasons, rather than their free will, it is my hope that they make the best of it and manage to find happiness in their arrangement."

"Longwinded as usual," Rumble quipped, only to be knocked on his ass by Ravage.

"Thanks, Ravage," said Optimus. "Anyway, with the ongoing war, I've been sadly unable to preside over events such as this one for a long time. Far too long. Rumble has a point, though, and we've had enough preamble. Bumblebee?"

"Yes, Prime?" Bumblebee replied.

"Will you join with Soundwave, spend your life with him, and do your best to aid him in whatever may come your way, as long you both function?"

"I will."

Optimus then asked Soundwave more or less the same question.

"Soundwave accepts," said Soundwave.

"Are there any objections?" asked Optimus. when no one spoke up, he continued. "Very well. By the power vested in my by Primus and the Matrix, I hereby proclaim Bumblebee and Soundwave to be joined. This ceremony is concluded."

Bumblebee could hardly believe it; just like that, he was married to Soundwave.

They left the Hall to begin their lives together.