Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Dearly Beloved ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A year had passed since Bumblebee and Soundwave were married. In that time, the Autobots and Decepticons had abandoned their separate race names; they were all now simply Cybertronians. Also, Megatron had renounced his leadership position and placed his former followers under the new government's rule. Optimus retained the position of Prime, but now he worked alonside an elected Cybertron Congress.

None of this mattered to Bumblebee; all he cared about was getting home for his and Soundwave's anniversary. He finally got home, only to find his spouse apparently feeling ill.

"Is something wrong?" said Bumblebee.

"Soundwave nauseous," said Soundwave, before puking up some used Energon.

Bumblebee was concerned, not only was Soundwave vomiting on a regular basis, but his mass was beginning to change.

A week later, they headed over to Ratchet's clinic to see what was the matter. With the Autobot forces disbanded, Ratchet no longer answered to anyone but himself.

"I have to say," Ratchet said, "Perceptor should get a medal for inventing those lubes. But enough about that. I think I know what's up with Soundwave, but I just want to make sure."

Bumblebee waiting outside during the entire examination, becoming more and more worried.

Finally, Ratchet came out of his room. "I have good new," he said. "It's nothing life-threatening."

"Thank Primus!" replied Bumblebee.

"I wouldn't relax just yet. You see, Soundwave... "

"Yeah? What is it?"

"Soundwave's pregnant."

"I'm so happy. We're going to have a baby!"

"Like I said, this is no time to relax. You two might want to discuss this, to make sure you're ready to be parents."

"Of course, you're right. Can I talk to him now."

Ratched nodded. "Actually, I was just about to send you both home."

Soundwave and Bumblebee returned to their home, neither one knowing what to say to the other. Finally, Bumblebee broke the silence.

"Soundwave," said Bumblebee, "I don't want to force anything upon you. If at any point you don't want to continue this pregnancy, just let me know and I'll hold no grudge against you."

Soundwave shook his head. "No," he replied. "Soundwave willing. Baby, first priority."

"To be honest, I'm glad to hear that."

"How about we visit Earth? I haven't seen Spike in a while, and I was hoping to catch up with him."

"Agreed," Soundwave said.

"Good. We just have to get Prime's approval, and we can be on our way."

With that, the couple planned their first post-war trip off Cybertron.