Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Dearly Beloved ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Bumblebee managed to get permission to visit Earth, but Soundwave had to stay behind, for the baby's sake.

Bumblebee figured it was just as well; he couldn't be sure how Spike would react to seeing him with Soundwave.

He got into the ship - he was borrowing it from Ironhide - and started the engines. Within minutes he'd left Cybertron and was in deep space. On his way there, he turned on the radio and began listening to music from around the galaxy. He also caught a rebroadcast of Hitler's 1938 transmission. He never got the appeal of this, but he was bored, so he left in on that channel.

Finally, Earth was in sight. He contacted the US government.

"Your transmission is received and acknowledged," said a human on the other end. "You have permission to land. Please touch down at the provided coordinates."

Bumblebee followed the instructions and landed the ship withing sight of the Ark, where he'd lived until about a year earlier. Seeing the wrecked ship brought up a lot of memories. He was thinking of visiting the area where the Deception ship, the Nemesis, had crashed, but not before he'd caught up with Spike.

He used his communications systems to connect to the phone line and dialed Spike's number.

"Hello," said Sparkplug. "Witwicky residence. Who's calling?"

"Could I talk to Spike?" Bumblebee said.

"Is that you, Bumblebee? Spike went somewhere to run some errands, but you can wait here until he gets back."

"I'll be right there." Bumblebee then hung up. He changed into his car mode and started toward Spike's place. He could hardly wait to fill his friend in on recent developments.

Spike came home just in time to see Bumblebee pulling up. "Hey, over here!" he said. "Long time no see."

"Sorry for the wait," Bumblebee said as he turned back into a robot. "None of us were allowed to contact Earth until now."

"Anyway, I'm just glad to see you."

"Me too." Even as Bumblebee spoke, he couldn't help feeling something for Spike. He knew it was wrong, but at the same time he couldn't deny that the attraction was there.

"So," Spike said, "how's it going?"

Bumblebee then told Spike about the end of the war, his and Soundwave's marriage, the pregnancy, the abolition of the Autobot and Decepticon factions, and the new government.

"Wow," Spike commented, "you've sure been busy."

"It sure has," said Bumblebee. In truth, though, all he was really thinking about was Spike. He could no longer deny it; Spike was in fact his true love.

It soon became apparent that Spike felt the same way. "Bumblebee, there's something I've wanted to tell you," he said. "I know it's too late, and that I'm out of line saying this, but... "

"No, it's fine," replied Bumblebee. "I feel that way too."

"Really?"

"I swear it."

And right there, just outside the Witwicky home, Bumblebee and Spike gave in to temptation.