Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Dearly Beloved ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Bumblebee flew his ship back to Cybertron, ashamed of what he'd done. Adding to his shame was the certainty that, if he had it all to do over again, he would.

He landed in Iacon, uncertain of what he would say to Soundwave. By the time he got home, though, he'd lost his nerve and decided it would remain his and Spike's secret.

"I'm home!" Bumblebee said.

"Welcome home," Soundwave replied. He noticed something about Bumblebee's tone. "Bumblebee uneasy."

"It's nothing. I'm fine," Bumblebee lied.

"Are you certain?"

"I'm sure." Bumblebee sat down on one of the chairs. "So, any idea on what to name the baby?"

"Bumblewave," replied Soundwave.

"Yeah, 'Bumblewave' sounds like a great name!" Bumblebee said. It was considered lucky for a Cybertronian to be given a combination of his/her parents' names. These two believed in that tradition as strongly as anyone else on Cybertron.

"It is movie night," said Soundwave.

"Great, let's go then," said Bumblebee. In truth, he was glad they were going out for a while. He feared staying there would stain their home with his sin.

They went to a showing of The Terminator, which they ended up hating for portraying the machines as the bad guys. The then refueled at a local Energon station before taking a walk through Iacon.

The next day, Bumblebee became dizzy and almost fell down. He wasn't sure what it was, but it almost felt like nausea. He soon dismissed it as his imagination, and went on with his business.

A month later, he could no longer deny there was something wrong with him. He paid a visit to Ratchet.

"Can't you see someone else for once?" Ratchet said. "It's not like the old days, when I was obligated to treat you." A moment passed. "Oh, what the heck, come in."

"Thanks," said Bumblebee. "It's just that I really don't care for any of the other local doctors."

"Let me do a scan to see what the problem is." Ratchet used one of his machines to do a deep scan of Bumblebee's body. "Just wait a few minutes while I process the data."

Bumblebee had a suspicion about what was causing his symptoms, but he just didn't want to believe it. He insisted to himself that he was overthinking the matter, and the real explanation would be coming soon.

Sadly, his worst fears were about to come true.

"I have the results," said Ratchet. "According to this, you're pregnant."

Bumblebee knew what would come next.

"But according to the scan," Ratchet continued, "the baby is half-human."

Bumblebee was stunned. He knew he'd made a mistake, but he never thought the consequences could be so grave.

"What did you do, Bumblebee?!" Ratchet demanded.