Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Dearly Beloved ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Bumblebee explained to Ratchet what had gone on during the trip to Earth.

"Bumblebee, how could you?!" said Ratchet. "Do you know what this could do? When Soundwave finds out about this..."

"He won't!" said Bumblebee. "Abort this baby!"

"You want me to WHAT!?"

"You did it before."

"Yeah, when Elita One was raped by Shockwave. This is different!"

Bumblebee thought back to Shockwave's postwar trial for that crime, and the thousand-year sentence he was currently serving.

"I get where you're coming from," said Bumblebee, "but this can't become known. Besides, Soundwave and I might not be able to afford a second baby."

"Tell ya what," said Ratchet, "I have an artificial gestator with me. I'll put the baby in there, and if anyone asks I'll say I found it in the street somewhere."

"Thanks. I owe you one."

"If you ask me, you owe Soundwave the truth." Ratchet got out the gestator. "But that's not my call to make."

It was a quick procedure. The baby was placed into the gestator, and with a few simple treatments it was as if Bumblebee had never been pregnant. After that was over, Bumblebee paid the fee.

"And how are you going to explain where this money went?" asked Ratchet.

"I'll just say I donated to a worthy cause," said Bumblebee.

"Of course." Ratchet just watched as Bumblebee left for home.

Bumblebee was nervous as all hell, not sure whether he should keep this secret from Soundwave. By the time he got home, he had calmed down, assuring himself that not saying anything would be best. With time, he could convince himself that his little indescretion never happened.

"Welcome home," said Soundwave. "Medical results?"

"Oh, that?" Bumblebee said. "It was nothing. Just some tainted energon I consumed while on Earth. They mean well, but they should leave that sort of thing to us, you know?"

Soundwave nodded, apparently buying Bumblebee's story.

"Anyway," said Bumblebee, "there's nothing going on, so how about we just stay home this evening."

"Agreed," said Soundwave.

Bumblebee quickly forgot about Earth, Spike and the rest of that as they Watched old TV shows from Cybertron's prewar era. They were all cheesy, cliched and full of plot holes, but were fun to watch nonetheless.

Bumblebee looked over to the now-visible evidence of the baby growing inside Soundwave, feeling stupid that he would risk all this for the sake of temporary pleasure. He was just glad he was able to avoid the worst consequences, and swore never again to go back to Earth alone.

The next day, they went on a trip to one of Cybertron's amusement parks. Shortly after they left, they got a message from Earth. It was Spike.

"Hi, this is Spike," he said. "I hate doing this to you, Bumblebee, but Soundwave has to know the truth... "