Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Dearly Beloved ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Bumblebee and Soundwave arrived at the park. At first it seemed this trip was a waste of time; all the lines were too long for their tastes, and most of the really good rides would put the baby at too much risk.

Finally, the managed to get onto a Ferris wheel. This gave them the privacy they needed to discuss their future.

"So, once the baby is born," said Bumblebee, "where are we going to raise it?"

"Unknown," said Soundwave. "Maybe Iacon, or Moon #2."

"I've never really cared for the moons, and I'm getting kind of sick of Iacon."

"An orbiting station?"

Bumblebee gave it some thought. "Yeah, that sound great. We can really get away from it all, without actually getting away from it. Plus, we'd have an unbeatable view of Cybertron." This was no idle statement; since the war ended the planet had been restored to its prewar golden appearance.

"Agreed," Soundwave said. "Education?"

"I was thinking we could do homeschooling. I fear it may be a while before everyone can agree on an official history, and it seems we still haven't recovered all the old maths and sciences." Bumblebee tried to sound confident, but in truth the whole notion scared him. Still, he felt they had to take full responsibilty for their household, and those in it.

"Homeschooling, problematic. Soundwave will consider it."

"That's fine. We don't have to decide on it right away."

They finally got off the ride, and went to see the "Malformed Protoforms" sideshow. Everyone knew the whole thing was fake, but they all played along for the sake of entertainment. Still, one of the attractions - three arms, a seemingly half-formed second head and only one leg - was just convincing enough to be truly disturbing. Not to mention that protoforms weren't that great to look at even under the best of circumstances.

Having had enough of that, Bumblebee and Soundwave moved on to the next place. Bumblebee threw balls at various objects, but failed to knock a single one down. As soon as they left, Starscream went next. To their chagrin, he won a prize on his first attempt. There had to be some secret behind it, and Bumblebee made a note to ask Starscream about it later.

Eventually, they'd had their fill of the park and decided to go home. Bumblebee had a few errands to run, so he would have to meet Soundwave back at home later. The couple parted ways, as Bumblebee went to Iacon to officially register their baby with the government. He cursed himself for not doing this sooner, but he never really cared for bureaucracy and had been trying to avoid it.

He finally got that done.

"Thank you for your patience," said the Cybertronian offical. "Your partner's pregnancy is now on official record."

With that Bumblebee left to arrange for their soon-to-be home in Cybertron's orbit. He even had the store employees calculate the best orbit for the station. He put all this on "layaway," with an escape clause should things go south.

He and Soundwave would also need homeschooling licenses and training, assuming the latter agreed to that plan. Still, even if nothing came of it, the investment wouldn't hurt.

Bumblebee eventually made his way home, feeling a great hope for their future.

He soon got the feeling that hope was about to be crushed.

"Spike left a message," said an angry Soundwave. "He told Soundwave everything."

Bumblebee felt his entire world shatter right then and there.