Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Dearly Beloved ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ratchet had gotten done with another hard day of work. Not only had he taken care of several routine cases, but he was still looking after Bumblebee's little "accident". So far everyone was believing his excuse, but he had a feeling this story would soon fall apart.

After a long day, the only place to go was the bar. He went inside and was about to order his usual, when he saw Bumblebee on a stool, obviously drunk.

Ratchet went over to him. "What the slag happened to you?" he said.

"I happened to me," said Bumblebee. "I deserve a good dose a plasma energy for what I did."

"Oh, no. You don't mean...?"

"Yes." If Bumblebee were human he'd be crying right now. "Soundwave knows everything. I didn't have the guts to tell him, and he ended up finding out from Spike."

"That has to be rough."

"You're telling me?" Bumblebee just stared at the floor. "Bumblewave. That's the name we picked out for the baby. We also planned to live in a house in Cybertron's orbit, and homeschool our kid. We were on our way to living the dream but I've gone and ruined it!"

"Haven't you tried talking to Soundwave?" said Ratchet.

"How can I?!" replied Bumblebee. "He's gone to stay with one of his former comrades, and he refused to tell me which one it is. He honestly doesn't want me near him right now."

Ratchet had no idea what to say.

"The worst part is, the way things stand, I might miss out on being able to see Bumblewave. Assuming he still plans to give the baby that name." Bumblebee put his head on the table. "I'm such a failure."

"Stop it!" said Ratchet, somewhat more harshly then he intended. "Now you listen here, sitting around here feeling sorry for yourself isn't going to fix anything. You can't get a hold of Soundwave. Then just wait at home until he gets back, and do whatever it takes to make up for your actions and win his trust back."

"You're right," said Bumblebee. "You're right, this isn't accomplishing anything. I'll go home right now."

"Just try to walk home. You're in no condition to be traveling in your car mode."

As it was, Bumblebee just barely made it home before he collapsed. He lay face-down on the floor until the following morning.

The next two weeks seemed to go by rather slowly. Bumblebee followed Ratchet's advice, and just waited for Soundwave to come home and forgive him. Looking back, he realized the feelings he had for Spike were but a fleeing lust that he should've had the strength to resist. Could part of it have been Bumblebee unconsciously rebelling against what basically started out as a forced marriage? Either way, he wished he could take it all back.

Then, one day, he got up with the feeling that this situation would soon reach a turning point. It actually felt ominous. He was about to go on his daily errands when the doorbell rang.

He answered the door; a government official was there presenting a legal document to Bumblebee. He had a sinking feeling when he saw the document. He read it, trying to reassure himself, but soon his worst fear was realized.

Soundwave had filed for divorce.