Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Dearly Beloved ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Bumblebee stood there in the living room for over an hour. He could hardly believe it. Divorce. All they'd worked for, being wiped away like it was nothing. Like he was nothing.

Exactly, he thought. He was nothing. And nothing was all he deserved.

He was still lost in thought when he heard a loud knock on the door. He answered; it was Rumble and Ravage.

"I'm here for the rest of Soundwave's stuff," said Rumble.

"Help yourselves," said Bumblebee, still not fully accepting what was happening.

He watched as they grabbed Soundwave's things and left.

Despite his overwhelming sense of guilt, Bumblebee vowed he wouldn't give up so easily. He was going to use their day in court to talk Soundwave out of divorcing him.

Still, he would need a good lawyer. He searched online before finding something odd; Perceptor had gone into law.

Bumblebee went over to Perceptor's office for a consultation.

"I'm not sure about this," said Perceptor.

"You're there more as a formality as anything," said Bumblebee. "My real plan is to stop the divorce from happening. I swear you'll get paid, no matter the outcome."

"I don't know, it might be unethical to take payment for a lost case."

"Not that it's my business, but why the law profession."

"You see, with my discharge from the Autobot Army, I no longer had an income. I needed some way to fund my research, and I figured the law reasonably resembled science."

"Thank you." Bumblebee just wanted to stop Perceptor from rambling.

"Stopping the divorce? That might be possible. It was a one-time act, and surely you deserve a second chance."

"That sounds right." Bumblebee had a hard time believing this, but he felt he needed to sound confident.

After negotiating the fee, Bumblebee left the office and went to the bar to get drunk again. Then, blowing off the law, he turned into car mode and drove home just because it was faster.

He staggered into his home and puked up spent energon all over the floor. He saw someone who looked just like him. When he realized he was looking at a mirror, he shattered it. He then fell to the floor, curling up in a ball of self-pity.

He then got up and turned on the television to get his mind off things for a while. The first thing he saw was news of Shockwave's escape from prison, with the help of other former Decepticons. On their way out, they went on a killing spree, targeting their old enemies. Police had been issued shoot-to-kill orders regarding the fugitives.

Then there was a game show about who could slip around on an oily surface the longest without falling. It was funny, in an inane and stupid way. Just what Bumblebee needed.

This was what he needed to level out his emotions somewhat. He still feared the possible end of his marriage, but he was now able to handle it calmly. He looked forward to work tomorrow; there was something about good, honest labor that somehow made his cares and worries go away.

Little did he know that even this would be tainted by his actions.