Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ The Bots of my Dreams ❯ Learning the Truth ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors Notes: I desided to have it be Scourge+Mega-octane, Crosswides+W.A.R.S. and Heavy Load+Wedge but that will not happen in latter chapters.

Chapter Three: Learning the Truth

T-ai floated down the hallway and walked into the room that Rena was occupying to see that the room was empty. She gasped with horror in her eyes zoomed out of the room when she heard a female voice doing a karate yell, shooting. She turned floated down the hallway to enter the training room to see Rena running toward Megatron getting underneath him and kicking him down with her leg. She got up as the Predacon leader did too, he went into dragon mode used his Twin Dragon Breath attack.

"I'll be right with you in just a moment, T-ai. Whoa!"

Megatron had went into robot mode and rammed himself right into her. T-ai covered her face with her hands as both landed on the ground with a thud; she removed her hands after the dust cleared to see both fighters circling around each other, Rena transformed into a car and drove right for the leader full throttle. Megatron jumped out of the way and growled, she turned and drove toward him again but this time she transformed and fired her gun at the ground causing the leader to jump back leap in the air and transform into a jet.

"That's right! Run you coward! Computer, disengage training program."

The whole area faded to be one big room, T-ail moved out of the way as Rena walked over to the bench draped a towel over her shoulder.

"Rena, you scared me half to death. Your suppose to be resting not getting yourself killed."

"I feel fine. And besides, we have to be ready for anything right?" Said Rena whipping the sweat off her forehead.

"True. But Magnus wouldn't like if he saw you out of bed..."

"What does he care! All that matters to that bot is his 'I would be the king of Cybertron if wasn't for my brother!' type thing. I sometimes wonder why I had feelings form him...not once did he show that he cared..."

"Maybe it's because he has a lot of things on his mind." Said a voice from the doorway.

Both ladies turned to the direction of the voice to see leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed Ultra Magnus. He walked up saying that he needed a few moments alone with his girlfriend, T-ai nodded her head and floated out as the door closed behind her.

"Rena, look: I know that I push you around too hard, it's not because I don't love you. I have a lot of things on my mind and a lot of things I have to think about..."

"Computer, engage hologram 1,0,6,4." She said turning her back and walking a few feet away.

Ultra Magnus sighed. He really wanted to talk to her and get his point across. He could've easily done that by forcing it out like he done in the past but that would only make the matter worse. Rena watched him with a worried look on her face I'm sorry Magnus... I have a lot of things on my mind too she thought as she watched walk out and I need time to be alone to collocate my foundation.

****************************************

"What? You still haven't found her? And where is Sky Byte? I need him on this mission!"

"Uh, sir... I'm sure that we can handle this mission without his help." Said Scourge trying not show a disgusted look on his face.

"I know that!" Megatron snapped jumping to his feet with great anger in his expression, "but she needs to be found! Now find Sky Byte and have him report back at once, now get going!"

"Yes sir!"

Scourge turned and walked out with the other following close behind, they all drove out with the Decepticon leader leading the way. I've got to find away to get rid of that shark before he ruins everything, Scourge thought and there's something fishy about the way he acts around Megatron and I don't like it!

"You have a head-ache or something?" Ro-tor asked Scourge.

"Shut up and who asked you anyways?" The leader barked.

"Well, excuse me! Wait, I see Sky Byte!"

They all transformed and waited for the Predacon to arrive. Sky Byte transformed when he got closer to see them all giving him cold looks.

"Megatron wants you to report in right now."

The Predacon turned and walked in with the Decepticons following close be hind. Once they reached the main room they all bent down on one knee.

"Sky Byte! Where have you been? Never mind! I have an assignment for you. You are to help Scourge find that female Autobot, and you better not fail me this time! Now go!"

Am I seeing things, Sky Byte thought, for a moment there I thought I saw fear in his optic sensors but what would he be afraid of? He turned and followed the others out feeling Megatron watching him, the Predacon tried not to look back at his leader. The feeling went away when he got further down the hallway, he transformed and followed the others out, don't worry Megatron, I'll find her if that will make you happy Sky Byte thought.

Megatron still sat there with a blank expression on his face still trying to compute why Sky Byte has been acting so strange lately. That traitor, he thought realizing how Rena could've escaped, he's going to pay dearly for this! He pushed the communication button the chair and Sky Byte's face appeared on the screen.

"I want you to return to base now!"

"But..."

"Don't question me! Return to base immediately before I rip out your core processor!" Megatron ordered.

Sky Byte immediately turned and zoomed back to base as fast as he could, Scourge (if he had a mouth) would be smiling but instead he chuckled knowing that Predacon was in trouble wishing that he could be there to see him get malted into slag. He entered the room see his leader taping his fingers on the on the arm of the chair looking vary agitated Sky Byte quickly bent to one.

"Your loyalty to me has been without question but you weren't responsible for Maguns' girlfriend escape, where you? Answer me Sky Byte! Where is she?" Megatron demanded.

"I --- I don't know." The Predacon whimpered.

"Don't lie to me! I saw the flicker of passion in your optic sensors when you mentioned her! You wouldn't have any feelings for her would you?"

"Oh... who me? Why would I, a Predacon having feelings for an Autobot a..."

"Shut up! I should melt you into slag for letting her escape!"

"Huh? Megatron, I didn't do it," Sky Byte insisted, "I wasn't even here when she escaped!"

"Then where you when she escaped?" Megatron asked suspiciously.

"You didn't want me to come, remember? So I went to the beach." Sky Byte explained.

"I don't care what you did just answer my question!"

Sky Byte couldn't take it any longer, he was tired of being yelled at, tired of being treated like dirt.

"Why do you all ways yell at me? Don't I mean anything to you?" Sky Byte choked with tears coming down his face.

Megatron just stared at his sniffling comrade for one moment with a blank expression on his face. Sky Byte covered his mouth with his hands as his optic sensors grew big hoping that little outburst didn't give to much evidence about his dark secret.

"Megatron ... I ..."

"So that's it! You want me to give you all the credit, well for get it!"

"That's not what I meant..."

"Then what is it! Is there something you're not telling me?"

"There's nothing to hide, Megatron."

"Don't lie to me! I know you've been hiding something from me! Now tell me what it is before I melt you into slag!"

"I ... even if you don't... you mean a lot to me and nothing would make me happier than to see you happy --- what I'm trying to say is that I ..."

Predacon leader stared at him again, this time in disgust. Megatron got to his feet telling Sky Byte to get out of his site; the Predacon tried to explain his behavior but the only response he got out of Megatron was threatening to melt him if he didn't leave. Sky Byte quickly ran out of the room as fast as he could. He ran down the hallway and into his room and quickly locked the door.

He put his shaking hand on his forehead as he sank to the floor. Why did I do that? Now he'll kick me out just because I care about him. He gathered all the strength he could and got up walked to his computer sat down and started to type his last entry:

To anyone who gets this: Don't be surprised if you find out I'm not here because I'm not coming back, Megatron disowned me so I leave who ever gets this a farewell...

He got up and walked out almost running into Gas Skunk, they both looked at each other for one moment; Sky Byte walked past him leaving the other very confused. Man! What's his problem, he thought; Gas Skunk looked back into the direction Sky Byte came from to notice that the computer was left on.

"Hey Sky Byte! You left your computer on!"

I guess that idiot can't hear me, he thought. Gas Skunk walked in the room and straight to the computer to read the message on it. Megatron disowned Sky Byte? He would never do that unless ... he closed the file and saw a folder that had said 'Sky Byte's journal' on it. An evil grin spread across his face; he was about to open it when Megatron bellowed for him and the rest of the Predacons to see him.

*******************************************

"R.E.V., you're doing it again." Said W.A.R.S. noticing that his friend was staring off in space.

For the past few days; W.A.R.S. has been watching R.E.V. becoming a little more distant with everyone especially to Ironhide and spacing off. He tried to get them to talk but all he got out of R.E.V. was 'don't worry about it' and Ironhide was to busy with training with Mirage.

".... Sorry, I just need some fresh air."

"Is it me," Said Crosswides watching his friend walk out, "or is R.E.V. acting a little strange."

"I'll talk to him. You guys continue on with training. W.A.R.S., you're in charge until we get back."

"You've got it sir!"

Hotshot walked out closing the door behind him, he transformed into a car and drove off the find his comrade. R.E.V.? What are you hiding from us that cannot be shared? We're your friends. He drove a few more miles when he finally caught up with his comrade who was walking.

"R.E.V., what's going on? What's so important that you don't trust and share it? Don't you trust us?" Hotshot asked walking toward his friend

"It's not that I don't trust you guys it's just that---"

"Shhh!" The leader demanded gabbing onto his comrade and pulling him into a dark alley.

Loud wheels started to approach as Hotshot peered around the corner to see the Decepticons. The Spychanger leader gently pushed his comrade into the darkness. R.E.V. peered over his leaders shoulder to see that Scourge gave his comrades orders to transform and start looking for Ultra Magnus' girlfriend.

"Now what? They have us surrounded."

"Stay calm. Transform and act like a car. We have to tell Optimus about Megatrons new plan."

They both transformed and drove out of the alley; so fare so good, Hotshot thought, they haven't even noticed that we have been here. They only got three feet away when Scourge demanded for the two Autobots to stop; wasting no time at all Hotshot told R.E.V. to make a brake for it.

"Not if you can find your way home Autobot fool!"

Orange colored gas fumes filled the air causing them both to ram into each other, after the gas cleared they both noticed that all the Decepticon's and Predacons but one made a big circle around them.

"Get away from them! Omega Arsenal Blast!"

The Decepticons jumped out of the way but the Predacons were blasted into the air with smoke trailing behind them. Omega Prime landed on his feet right in front of his fallen comrades ready to fight; he other Autobots including Rena. The rest of the Spychangers appeared right in front of Omega Prime.

"You guys don't know when to quite do you? Autobots transforms!" Omega ordered as they all transformed at once.

"That maybe. But you saved us a lot of humiliation and time to find our target..."

"That's right! Tractor Beam!"

Rena suddenly felt her body being lifted into the air, Omega looked up with great horror and anger in his optic sensors to see that it was Megatron lifting her up. Mighty worrier leaped for the Predacon leader. That's it he thought just a little closer and I'll have you surrendering in the first five minutes. The notorious leader went into dragon mode still holding Rena in his clutches; Omega stopped dead.

"Optimus what are we waiting for? An invitation? Let's move!"

"Not yet, we have to get Megatron to release Rena then we can kick some ass!"

"Surrender Autobots! Or I'll kill her!"

"Not if you want to walk on rails first big mouth!"

"Huh?"

Before Megatron could even comprehend who it was, Rail Racer slammed his big tall body into the leader not even realizing that he had let go of Rena who was falling, Sideburn jumped into the air and caught her before she hit the ground. Scourge was about to make a move on the two but he had no choice but fall back because the Autobots were all ready to fight and there were too many of them.

"Has any one told you that you have the most beautiful optic sensors?" Sideburn asked with a dreamy look on his face.

"No, but you can put me down!"

"Where do you think your going? Omega Arsenal Blast!"

"Twin Dragon Breath!"

The fire met with the blast effete with a great force sending everyone flying though the air and landing in either direction of the city block with a thud. Optimus removed a peace of concrete from his body with Hotshot and Crosswides help, Ultra Magnus blasted his way out. The rest of the Spychangers helped remove the ruble, one by one they helped the rest of the comrades out.

"Is all present and a counted for?" Optimus asked.

"No, we still haven't found Sideburn or Rena yet."

"This is your fault Optimus...!"

"Don't make me arrest you!" Prowl threaten, "we have to find my brother and Rena!"

"Arrest him, and you'll have to answer to my layer --- and will you get lover boy off of me!!"

They all turned to see Sideburn lying on top of her out cold. Optimus and Prowl ran up and removed the big piece of cement off to see that the young bot was really hurt; the Autobot leader picked up his fallen comrade as Rena crawled out and took a deep breath dusting herself off.

"We need to get him back to base or he'll never make it! Magnus, can you carry him?"

Optimus' brother sighed angrily and transformed, he walked up and was about to laid his comrade down. Sideburn started to stir and opened his eyes.

"You shouldn't move little brother."

The leader laid him down, he transformed and drove log side his brother so he could keep his eye on his friend. Sideburn laid there feeling tired, sore and wanting to be held by Optimus again.

"Hang on, Sideburn, we're all most there!" X-Brawn encouraged him.

Bright light poured into his optic sensors as they went through the globule spacebridge, triangular lights blurred by; when they approached T-ai gasped in horror. Optimus picked him up as T-ai pushed one button and a huge board came out of the wall as the leader laid him down, a scanning shield formed around him. The other two Autobot brothers watched fearing the worst.

"I can make some repairs but it's going to be awhile, he took a pretty bad hit."

"Yea a 'nasty fall' would be more like it!" Rena mumbled.

"I don't understand why you are not grateful that Sideburn saved your life?" Optimus asked.

"He's right," Said Maguns putting a hand on his girlfriend shoulder, "he saved your life ..."

"Being annoying is more like!"

"Rena!"

She just ignored them and was about to walk to the door when Ultra Magnus turned toward her direction saying that she was to proud to admit that Sideburn did some nice things. Rena stepped dead with great emotion in her optic sensors, she stood there for moment before bursting into tears and running out of the room.

***********************************************

Light started to stream in as heavy wait was lifted off his body, shadowy figures loomed over him. He turned his head to see Sky Byte glowing in the moonlight. Megatron got to his feet and tried to transform but his body was to damaged from being blown into the air by the blast. Sky Byte helped his leader up; they both looked at each other for one moment. What's wrong with me, the second commander thought, what are these emotions I feel when I'm around Megatron? I now that he hates me ... he clearly showed but...

"This is your fault Sky Byte!!" Megatron blurted out.

"No it wasn't --- I tried to save you..."

"YOU call blasting me through the air saving me? I'll show you what it's like to be thrown though the air!"

Megatron tried to take Sky Byte and throw him but he was too week. The second commander turned and told the other Predacons to help him get him back to base. Gas Skunk, Slapper, and Dark Scream looked at each other like 'why would we want to help you'. The second commander glared at the others and helped Megatron back slowly in silence; not even looking at each other.

The other three Predacons stayed fare behind not wanting to get involved with what ever was going on between them. Gas Skunk sort of figured that it could've had to relate to the message that was on his computer saying that Megatron disowned the shark

***********************

"How is Sideburn doing?" X-Brawn asked as T-ai finally floated out closing the door behind her.

"He's going to be okay. Just a few more days and he'll be on his feet."

"That's good to hear because I need to talk to him." Said Optimus.

"He's resting..."

"Thanks."

The door opened and Optimus walked in to see his comrade still shielded by the glass resting. The leader looked down at Sideburn touching the glass; you are one brave Autobot and I have to admit that you scared me when we where hit by the blast.

"Optimus, are you all right? You seem a little pale." Said T-ai floating in.

"I'm all right. Can you tell me when Sideber is awake?"

T-ai nodded her head as she watched Optimus took another look of the fallen comrade when movement from Sideburn caught her eye. She looked down to see to see the young Autobot was awake looking very humble yet tired, T-ai remove the shield with a relief expression.

"Is Rena okay?"

"She's doing just fine..."

"That's good...ohh..."

"Sideburn you shouldn't move. It's going to be awhile before you are one your feet." Said T-ai gently pushing him down.

"There's something's I need to take care of but if you ever need anything don't hesitate to call me." Optimus told his comrade taking his hand.

"Thanks. I was worried that you might be mad at me for doing something I thought was right."

"I can never stay mad at you for vary long, you know that."

"Thanks, that means a lot me, and there's something else I need to tell you...."

"Why don't you tell me it latter, okay? I've got something's to take care of."

Sideburn nodded his head and watched his leader walk out, with a dreamy look in his optic sensors. T-ai looked at them both, seeing the flicker of love in the young Autobots optic sensors.

"You like Optimus don't you?"

"Huh? Well ... I ..."

"It's okay. Your secret is safe with me."

"Thanks, I appreciate that. I didn't want Optimus to hate me."

"He would never think that way about you..."

"You sure?"

"Positive. He cares about you, Sideburn. Now get some rest."


Whoa, a lot going on huh? But things are just starting with Optimus, Sideburn, Megatron and Sky Byte

bots4