Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ The Bots of my Dreams ❯ Digging Deeper ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Five: Digging Deeper

By KellyQ


"What? You're permanently leaving?"

"What more is there?"

"You just can't just walk out. What about the Predacons?"

"Predacons? What Predacons? Look at us! We can't even handle one assignment lead alone protecting ourselves!" Sky Byte pointed out.

"Is that how you really feel about us?" Gas Skunk asked, "do you hate us that much?"

Silence filled the room. Maybe Sky Bytes right, Slapper thought, maybe we should just go our own separate ways. That will make things easier for us. Everyone else was still silent for as they all looked down with blank expression on their faces. Sky Byte expression turned dark as he walked out leaving the others very puzzled.

*****************

What's the matter with me, the shark thought, why am I not incapable of love when the Autobots are? It's just not fair! Sky Byte continued to walk down the beach when he came across a little girl sitting on a rock looking very sad and lonely.

"What's the matter little girl?"

"Who's there?" She asked looking around with confusion in her eyes taking her red and white cane.

Sky Byte gasped with shook, she's blind, he thought, she doesn't even know who I am or what.

"I am Sky Byte a Predacon ...."

"I thought someone was coming this way. I could hear you coming from ten feet away." The girl said.

"Really? You must have better hearing then I do."

"Well, nice talking to you," the little girl said getting to her feet walking away using the cane as her guide.

Sky Byte watched her walk away, he bit the bottom of his lip. He stepped out and asked if he could carry her to where ever she was going. The little girl turned with a smile on her face saying that it was okay. The Predacon gently picked her up and she sat on his hand as he carried her to the parking lot.

"So what's your name?"

"You put my daughter down!" A lady demanded.

They both turned so see a lady with glass' beach clothes on and she was ready to fight.

"Mom, calm down, he was helping me back here." Said the little girl as Sky Byte put her down.

"He's a Predacon! He could've killed you before you know what hit you!"

"Listen, I would never hurt a poor defenseless girl." Sky Byte told the little girl's mother.

"Oh, I'm sure you would now get lost before I call the police hand have the one named Prowl arrest you! Come on, Karen." Said the lady as she drug her daughter down the parking lot.

"Bye Sky Byte and think you."

Not even realizing what he was doing, he was waving good bye as his checks turned pink. He never felt so happy about doing something in his life. Now I know why the Autobots like helping people, but I'm not suppose to do these things I'm suppose to make people miserable and I like doing it too but Megatron. Sky Byte winced as he turned and walked back down the beach with his head hung low.

"It's one of those big transformers." Said a little boy.

"Huh?"

Sky Byte looked down to see five little boys crowding around him with awe in their eyes. Not again, he thought as he back away from the kids remembering what happened last time being chased by some kids who wanted his signature. He didn't know how to act when they asked for his signature. He was really flattered how much they thought he was cool but he couldn't let them get to him.

"I can't believe he's here! It's Sky Byte!"

"Children! Get away from that Predacon!" Said a lady running to the group of kids.

"But it's Sky Byte!"

"What have I told you about the Predacons! Now come!" The lady demanded grabbing the little boy by the arm and dragging him away.

The little boy pulled away and ran to Sky Byte clutching onto his lag. The Predacon looked down to see the little boy all teary-eyed when he started do caught. The little boy got out his inhale and started use it, the lady ran up telling the little boy to breathe.

"W---what's wrong with him?" Sky Byte asked.

"What would you care," The lady snapped. "besides, I'm not authorized to give that information!"

"Why not?"

"It's the law. Just in case if someone like you, would try to hurt him!"

"I'm all right now."

"You sure? You gave us quite a scare." Said another boy with concern in his eyes.

********************************

"Sky Byte!! Where are you?" Megatron yelled as he entered the main room.

He sat on the chair and pressed the communication button and bellowed for Sky Byte report back to base but there was no answer coming from the other end and his face didn't show on the screen. Megatron growled and pushed the communication and told Scourge to answer his comlink.

"Do you know where that fish brain is?"

"No sir."

"Find him! I have a mission for him and other Predacons including you too!"

"Yes sir!" Scourge and Mega-octane at once as their face's disappeared from the view screen.

"Something doesn't feel right. Did Sky Byte really leave?"

Just as he said that it came to him that he really hurt his comrade. Why does that image come back to me? AARGGH!!! What's wrong with me? He hard foot steps coming from the entrance, Megatron pushed the button on the chair and it turned to see the Decepticons standing all in a line with Scourge and Mega-octane in front of the group.

"Have you found Sky Byte yet?"

"Not yet."

"Well, find and don't report back until you do! When you do tell him to report back immediately!" Megaron demanded.

"Yes sir!"

They all turned and walked started to walk out. Megatron watched Scourge and Mega-octane walking side by side suspiciously. What's going on here! Are all my comrades turning into Autobots? Meagtron thought angrily, first it's Sky Byte having feeling for me now it's Scourge and Mega-octane! Why is this happening to me? What's this world coming to?

************************************

"Isn't it strange that things have been quiet lately?" Wedge asked his group.

"Come to think of it, you're right." Said Heavy Load with a thoughtful.

"Try not to think to much of it." Said Hightower.

"I know. I just feel edgy when there is no action. I just want to fight!"

"Calm down," Said Heavy Load trying not to chuckle, "I'm sure that Optimus will have an assignment for us and you'll do great leading us."

"Thanks," Said Wedge softly taking his comrades hands, "I appreciate that."

They both looked at each other with their optic sensors looked on each other. Grim Lock cleared his throat saying they should get back to digging and building.

***************************************

"Magnus, this is Rena, do you read?"

The other end was quite, Rena growled under her breath when she got another idea; she stared to type in commands when the door opened and T-ai floated in and asked how things where going. Rena didn't respond; T-ai bit her lip as she slowly floated closer.

"Rena...is something wrong?"

"Huh? What the ----"

T-ai looked at the screen as her expression turned serious; she floated closer to the computer pushing commands on the computer and Optimus' face appeared. T-ai floated higher telling him that the Decepticons have been spotted in sector c-12.

"... One more thing; could you tell Magnus that I love him."

"Hey, what about me?" Sideburn asked as his face appeared on the screen looking as innocent as he could.

"What about you?" Rena asked annoyingly.

"Oh, come on; I'm just as cute as Optimus' brother."

"Oh, please! Don't flatter yourself! Now if you excuse me! I have work to do!"

With an annoying look on Rena's face, she pivoted with her nose in the air opened the door and walked out closing the door with a slit slam.

"What? What did I say?" Sideburn asked with a puzzled look on his face.

"I believe the answer is ... get to work." Said T-ai trying not to sound to mean.

******************************

"Rena, do you have a moment?" T-ai asked as she floated in the training room.

"What is it?"

"I know that Sideburn can have his moments but he's a good person and you should give him a chance."

"He is sort of cute but I hardly even know him to jug how I really feel about him. With Magnus, I knew him before we became a couple."

"Rena. I know how much you care about Magnus and you know how thick headed he can be."

"I know. I just wish that he wouldn't be that way. Some times I think he hates me."

"I doubt that's true. He cares about you very much and doesn't want anything to happen to you that's way he wanted you stay here."

"Yea, what ever. Now if you excuse me, I have some training to do."

T-ai sighed as she shook her head as she turned and floated out leaving Rena alone back to the main room to see how things where going with the search. I know that some day we'll get along, T-ai thought, I'll just have to be peasant with her and I know that some day she will trust us.

bots6