Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ The Bots of my Dreams ❯ Cold Byte of Reality ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Eight: Cold Byte of Reality

By KellyQ

"Koji, I'm afraid that we'll have to postpone the search until next time." Said Sideburn dimly.

"Come on, just a little longer."

"I'm sorry but I'll have to say no."

"Your sounding just like Optimus!" Koji pouted.

Sideburn didn't say anything but continued to drive in the direction of the young boys house. Koji got out walked to his house turned back to see that Sideburn as all ready drove around the corner. The young boy reached in his pocket got out his key and was about to put it into the dead-bolt when the door nod turned and the door opened to see his mother with a worried look on her face.

"Koji, where have you been?" She panicked, pulling her son close. "I've been worried sick about you! I thought that big thing that kidnapped your father kidnapped you and I would never see you again!"

"I'm fine mother," He replied noticing that his mom was shaking really bad, "I was with some friends of mine."

"You could have at least called."

"Sorry for worrying you mom." Koji said walking in and up the stairs to his room.

He closed the door took off his shoes climbed up the ladder of his bunk-bed flopped down and laid there thinking about all that happened. Even though he didn't know the half of it, he just wanted to have his father back and thank Sky Byte for saving his life that's it. But why did Sky Byte do that in the first place, what was his motive of doing that? Was he trying to impress the Autobots? That was very doubtful. That Shark brain could not find his way without his tail following a road map.

"Honey?"

The door opened and his mother walked in to his bed but Koji still didn't move, just laid there staring at the ceiling. She sighed climbed up the ladder and sat next to him, they didn't say anything for quite awhile until his mother broke the silence.

"I know that the past few weeks haven't been the greatest. Working two jobs and trying to look for your father but I promise you that things will get better."

"Better ....?"

"That's right. Things will get better."

"Sense when do you believe that?"

"Koji, I don't know why you have become so negative but it has to stop. I'm trying my best and all you can say is that I don't believe?"

"Sorry." He simply said not even looking back at her.

"I don't understand you Koji! Do you really think I'm that bad?" She asked sadly.

"Stop it mom. I don't hate you. I just want to be left alone."

"If that's that you want."

*****************************

Sideburn just walked in the main to see Optimus tapping his foot cleared his throat asking where he's been knowing the full answer. The young Autobot brother tried to explain but it was no use, Rena turned and said that it didn't matter what he said because she all ready knew what was going on.

"Sideburn, I know how close you are to Koji but he was asking for us do something that was not right even though it was the right idea but it's our job to protect the people on this planet."

"I know that."

"Then why did you do it?" Rena asked.

"Well, I thought I could keep him out of trouble."

"Just like males. Thinking they can handle everything. It's a wonder why females get any credit at all."

"And what does that suppose to mean?" Sideburn asked getting into her face.

"Stop it!" Optimus ordered pulling them apart. "I don't understand why you two don't get along? He saved your life Rena ...."

"Does everyone have to remind me?"

"Well ... the reason I did it is because I couldn't bear seeing you getting hurt .... that's all."

Why do I get this feeling when he looks at me like that, I don't really hate him I just wish there was a way to thank him without him thinking that I do really do like him. She thought still looking at him. She sighed lowered her head stepped closer to Sideburn.

"I'm sorry for being a jerk to you .... the thing is .... is that I never met anyone who did so many nice things for me, no one did. I never understood way .... until Ultra Magnus .... he saved my life ...."

"I remember that day," Said Optimus, "I thought I lost both of you ...."

"He stayed by my side ever since then. I tried to show how greatful I was but no matter how hard I tried, he seemed not to care ..... I never understood why .... I thought he loved me but now I'm not so sure ..... that's why ...."

She paued not wanting to share how she really felt Magnus and Sideburn. She just didn't want to have her feelings hurt like it has done in the past.

"Are you all right? What's the matter?"

".... It's just that I never met anyone who would do anything for me ... and I envy you Sideburn, you got people who care about you .... all I got is nothing ..."

"That's not true," Optimus responded, "there are people who care about you .... Ultra Magnus does..."

"Don't even start!" Rena hissed roughly pushing Optimus' hand away from her shoulder, "I don't know why you guys still say that!"

"Well, because it's true," Said Optimus trying to put his hand on her shoulder again, "he was in tears when he found out what Megatron did to you."

"He .... he was?"

"Yes. And he really want's to know why you wont let him talk to you."

Rena tried to get the words out but it only came out into a soft whisper so faint that they couldn't hear it.

"I ... I .... I had no idea." She realized sinking to the floor, "I had no idea that I was causing so much pain --- why didn't Megatron just kill me ....."

"Very good question ... he would never miss an opportunity to kill any of our comrades ..... but did he say anything to why he kidnapped you?" Optimus asked.

" .... No just he wanted to know everything about Magnus .... I tried very hard not give him anything that would hurt my Magnus.... what? Why are you looking at me like that?"

Optimus was silent for awhile before saying that Megatron might all ready have by hurting the one person he really cared. Rena just fell back as the other tried to ketch her with stunned expression on her face. Sideburn asked if she was all right, she slowly nodded her head as they helped the their shaking comrade off the floor. Rena looked very pale as she walked out.

"Optimus I don't think that was a good idea," Said T-ai, "she's all ready upset and blames herself."

The leader, sighed he knew that he shouldn't have shared that she had to be told what was really going on even if it hurt her or not; it wouldn't be right to leave her in the dark.

*******************************

Sideburn ran out of the room transformed drove thought the globule-space-bridge to find Rena before she got into trouble. Once he got through Sideburn drove around noticing that the traffic was just awful. Oh come on , he thought I got to find her before she gets into trouble!

"Sideburn? What are you doing? Arn't you suppose to be on potrole?"

"Magnus? Good I found you! You have to help me! Rena has disappeared and I can't find her!"

"What? How can she disappear when .... Sideburn did you say something to upset her? If you have I'll make you regret it!" Magnus threaten.

"No .... she was just to overwhelmed and ran out now I can't find her."

"All right, we'll find her but don't think I'm letting you off the hook for upsetting her!"

"I didn't do anything ...."

"Oh sure you didn't! I'm not an idiot Sideburn! I know you like her and I want you to stay away from her, you got that?"

"Yea .... no problem." Sideburn responded nervously.

Chapter 9