Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ The Bots of my Dreams ❯ Die trying ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Bots of my Dreams

Chapter 11: Die trying

By KellyQ

Rena slowly opened her optic sensors to see the howl Autobot team looking down at her with concern in their optic sensors. She sat up looking around.

"What happened?"

"You fainted after you powered up …"

"Powered up?"

"Yea. Don't you remember?" Sideburn asked with concern in his optic sensors.

"It's … it's coming back to me now. When Magnus gave me some of his energy … I felt out of control …."

"I know. When he did the same thing to me it was hard to keep myself under control too." Sideburn admitted.

Rena blinked for moment. Did Magnus try and save Sideburn from Megatron?

"You should rest Rena … the last battle took a lot of energy out of you." Said T-ai.

"Try not to worry about Magnus." Optimus said, "he can take care of himself. Just rest."

Rena sighed laid back down closed her optic sensors to here the others walk out. She opened her optic sensors to see that Sideburn was sitting next to her.

"You like being a pest don't you." She teased.

"Only when I want to be. But are you all right?"

"I'm fine. I didn't mean to get everyone so fired up … maybe I should go home like Magnus wanted me too."

"Is that what you really want?" Said Magnus from the door way.

"Not really. I'm happier here with you guys. And you Magnus are you all right?"

"Considering that you sneaked out worried the whole crew sick … and didn't listen to me …. Maybe I should take you home!"

"No! I'm happy here!"

Magnus walked up took hold of his girlfriend. I had enough, Sideburn thought …. Rena shouldn't have to deal with his harshness.

"Magnus, let her go! She said that she's happy here!"

Rena bit her lip hoping that they wouldn't start to fight.

"Stay out of this Sideburn!"

"No, Rena's my friend! If she wants to stay here she has that right!"

"Stop fighting! Ow! Stop it, you're hurting me!"

Magnus has tightened his grip on her arm as he started to drag her out.

"Let go of me Magnus!"

He still kept on going without looking back at her. She finally stopped moving making up her mind that she was done. Magnus stopped turned to meet her blue slanted optic sensors.

"Magnus we are done!"

The strong Autobot stopped dead as silence filled the air. Sideburn looked at the other bots face to see pain clearly shown in his optic sensors. Magnus turned and started to walk away as Rena lowered her head as she closed her optic sensors trying not to show tears.

*******

Who needs her, he thought, I don't know why I ever had feelings for her anyways! I don't need anyone! I can make it just fine on my own! It still didn't make him feel any better. With a sigh he transformed when he heard wheels approaching. He turned his head to see that the Decepticons approaching from either side. Magnus watched as Megatron lowered himself in Dragon mode.

"You!"

"Decepticons, combine!" Scourge demanded.

"Sir!"

It wasn't long before all the Decepticons became one. Tall and strong.

"Good. I can use some amusement."

"That's what you think! Twin Dragon Breath!"

"Blizzard Storm!"

A blast of cold water hit Megatron sending him against Scourge. He got up turned his head to see Optimus in battle mode.

"I can handle this Optimus!" Magnus scowled.

"Think you're so tough, take this!"

Ruination pointed his gun and fired at small pool of oil and it exploited right under Magnus sending him flying threw the air screaming in pain. Optimus gasped with fear in his optic sensors. He jumped into the air and caught his brother in his arms.

"Twin Dragon Breath!"

"Spirit of the Matrix!"

It was Rena in super charge mode using her staff creating a whole lot of dust sending the ball of fire back at Megatron's direction standing right in front of Optimus and his brother.

"R --- Rena …. what are you doing?" Magnus asked in a weak voice.

Female bot didn't say anything just twirled her staff again as a bubble formed around them shielding them from the blast. After the dust settled the bobble popped as Rena looked around to spot Megatron hovering up above.

"Nice try! But you missed!" Megatron said as Rena made a noise that sounded like she was hissing.

"Magnus, listen …" she said not looking back at him, "take care of Sideburn for me."

"Rena!"

It was too late. She jumped into the air glowing bright yellow as she lunged at Megatron. They both came at each other with a bright flash of light. Optimus moved out of the way as the ground shook and smoke came gusting up behind them.

"Optimus are you all right? What happened? Where's Rena?" Sideburn asked as he transformed in robot mode.

"S … sh … she sacrificed herself to save us …." Optimus said lowering his head with shame.

"I'm coming sweetheart!" Sideburn cried as he transformed back into a car and drove into the fire.

"Sidebur, no!" Optimus panicked.

It was too late. The young Autobot brother was full throttle and drove into the fire. He transformed looking fearfully around.

"Sweetheart, where are you!"

Just then he heard coughing and groaning from his right. His face lit up with when he saw Rena but his expression changed to fear when he came closer to see that she was badly hurt. He slowly lifted her up to see that she was still unconscious.

"Rena, can you hear me? Come on, sweetheart. Wake up!"

"Do you call every red car that, Sideburn?" she teased opening her optic sensors only seeing pitch black.

"Only one's named Rena." He said playfully as she giggled. "can you transform?"

******

Optimus watched fearfully at the fire; come on Sideburn … where you? Just then he saw something coming out of the fire. It was Sideburn holding Rena in his arms. Something's not right, I can feel it, I hope that …

"Are you too okay? You had us worried …." Said Optimus as he supported his brother with one arm.

"Yea I'm fine ….. but sweetheart …" Sideburn couldn't finish the rest as he looking at Magnus, "and it's your fault! I hate you!"

"Sidebur, that is no way to talk to Magnus! You apologize right now!" The leader demanded.

Magnus was so out of it that he didn't realize that Optimus was calling Sideburn on his behavior. No … this can't be happening …Rena can't …

" … Die! She can't!"

Just then they hard laughter from the air. They all looked up to see that it was Megatron. Magnus leap into the air firing his gun at the leader.

"You won't get away with this Megatron! I'll make you feel what Rena felt … I'll make you suffer …."

"Magnus, you're not strong enough!" Optimus panicked.

"Stay out of this Optimus! I can handle this!"

"No!"

With not other words the leader of the Autobots jumped in the air and caught his brother's hand fusing into Omega Prime.

"Now you'll pay for hurting the people we care about! Sideburn loved her and you'll pay for taking her away from him … from all of us! I hope you can dance Megatron!! Arsenal Blast!!"

Sideburn just stood there frozen in his tracks. He never hard someone so angry before or the vibes to turn to pure hatred. Omega Prime shot two more blasts as Megatron shot two balls of lava. The force of the blast sent them flying threw the air. Omega Prime split back to Optimus and Ultra Magnus lying on the sand side by side while Megatron was blown somewhere else … that Sideburn didn't know.

"Optimus! Magnus!"

The leader opened his optic sensors feeling that he was hit by a ten thousand ponds of steel.He looked strait ahead to see Sideburn running up with fear in his optic sensors still cradling Rena in his arms. Optimus then turned his head to see his brother slamming his hand against the sand shaking in anger.

"Magnus … I …" Optimus said trying to reach out for his brother.

Before he could continue Magnus swiftly got out his gun and pointed it at Optimus' temple his optic sensors flashing. They both looked at each other for what looked like eternity. Magnus was the first to turn his head growling clenching his fist into a ball.

"Optimus, Sideburn, Magnus, Rena, are you all right?" T-ai asked threw the leaders com-link.

"Yes. But I don't know about Rena …"

"Get her back to base!"

********

"I'll try everything I can but it doesn't look good." T-ai informed.

"This is all my fault." Sideburn said as he hung his head. "I tried to stop her … but … well you know …"

"Yea … we know …"

"I think … I'll go take a drive for awhile …"

With no other comments Sideburn turned, transformed and drove off. Optimus watched is comrade drive off then looked back at Rena. I'm not going to let her die … she's part of the team and Sideburn … including Magnus care about her!

"Let's get to work, T-ai!"

"Right!"

***********

How did she create so much power? Scourge thought, no Autobot can do that even when they are combined! Was it her detraction? Or was something about her that we don't know?

He just entered the main room where Megatron was sitting still covered with filth.

"Megatron, have you made note how powerful Rena became?"

"Of course I thought about it!"

"If she has that much power we should elemite her!"

"Don't think we tried that!" Megatron barked.

"Yes but we haven't used her real target against her …"

"And what are you impaling?" Megatron asked bitterly.

**********

Sideburn got to his feet transformed and headed down the road when a red sports car came slowly along behind him but paid no attention to it until the driver honked.

He grumbled went off the side of the road so that the diver headed off going a little over the speed limit.

"Sideburn,"

It was X-Brawn. He came up in car mode and was riding along with his younger brother.

"It's not like you not to chase red sports car … what's wrong?"

"Just leave me along …"

"If that's what you want."

"Yea that's what I want!"

Without realizing what he did. Sideburn picked up his speed.

TO BE CONINUED …

Man, it looks like things are going down hill for Rena … but stand by for more …