Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ The Bots of my Dreams ❯ Poisonous Power Play ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Twenty: Poisonous Power Play

By KellyQ

Sky Byte held up what looked like a rod with light sensors flashing holding it up. Scourge tapped his foot in annoyance thinking that it was a waist of time doing it this way when they should hit a power plant. The lights on the rod started to flash as arms on the rod that looked like tooth picks came out and made a click. The device started to make a beeping sound.

"All right! Move out and hit the power with maximum power!" Scourge ordered as he transformed and drove off.

"Scourge, wait!" Sky Byte demanded seeing that the device was giving off a weird beeping sound than before.

It was too late though, all the Decepticons and the other Predacons where off. He growled transformed and followed the others ready to tell them that it wasn't the right the device was giving off weird beeping that it wasn't the right energy that they need. Once he got there, they all ready hooked some to the wall from the energon cubes. Sky Byte ran and unhooked them.

"What are you doing, Sky Byte?" Scourge asked angrily.

"This energy is unstable, see?"

The Predacon held up his device to see that it was doing the something that it was doing before. Scourge sneered took the device out of Sky Byte's hand and smashed it in his hand walked to the wires and hooked them back up. The Predacon sub-commander clenched his hand into a fist.

"Fine! But don't blame me if something goes wrong and Megatron yells at you because I'll just say 'I-told-you-so.'!"

"Scourge!" Said a stern voice from above, "you should listen to Sky Byte! The energy here is unstable; you'll get sick if it explodes or worse ...."

"Who said that?" Gass Skunk wondered out loud looking around.

"Show your self to us!" Star Scream demanded.

"For a robot, you are blind as a bat."

He finally turned around to see Rena (who was in super charge mode ) and the Spychangers as he sneered at her.

"You wouldn't dare to shoot," Scourge said calmly, "the place will blow sky high ..."

Rena was about to make a smart ass remark when she noticed that the energy in one of the cubes starting to leek out. Another one started to look like was about to blow.

"The energon cubes are about to blow! Everyone clear out!"

"Wha?"

Before anyone could do anything the energy exploded ...

*************

Ultra Magnus turned when he felt the ground shake and smell of smoke; he looked up to see what he smelled. He took off running and jumped into the air and called for his jets to come on line. Once he got to the location his optic sensors widen to see to that part of the round building had exploded and on fire; the Spychangers where scattered but R.E.V. was laying next to the damaged energon cubes. Sky Byte was too but he was underneath a pile of rubble. Ultra Magnus turned and ran to Rena when he heard sirens wailing; he turned to see a fire truck as it jumped into the air and transformed into Optimus. His brother ran up as he stopped called out his 'power stream' to put out the fire.

"I'm coming Sweetheart!"

It was Sideburn running up. He ran straight to Rena and gently shook her telling her to wake up. She slowly opened her optic sensors and smiled as she sat. Once she sat up she jumped to her feet and started to go around trying to wake everyone as Sideburn sighed. Optimus helped her rise everyone but R.E.V.; he was still not moving. The Autobot leader frond walked up to one of the damage energon ( that still had some energon in it ) looking at seeing some strange color lines swimming around.

"Optimus, drop it!"

"What?"

Rena ran up took it out of his hand and threw it up into the air and it exploded creating a strange light. Magnus walked up wondering what caused it to explode like that.

"That could've been you." Rena said walking to R.E.V.

"Yea I see. But what caused the energy to explode like that?"

"We have no time to worry about that. We have to get R.E.V. back to base!" Ironhide said lifting is friend off the ground.

********************

Megatron carried Sky Byte in his room with the other Predacons close behind ( Slapper by the leader's side ) as he laid him down. Poor Sky Byte, Slapper thought watching him cough, I hope that he turns out okay ... it wouldn't be right not to have Sky Byte around.

"Slapper, keep an eye on Sky Byte ... I'll be back."

He turned and walked out surprising the three Predacons that Megatron would order something in a calm voice; it wasn't long before they could here their leader yelling from the main room. They could barley make it what was said but 'Sky Byte was the sub-commander of this mission' or 'because of your actions we have no power'.

"Man, Scourge is in real trouble now." Gas Skunk said trying not to chuckle.

"I ... I told Scourge that ..."

"You shouldn't talk," Slapper said, "Megatron said that you're really sick ..."

"Just as well ..."

"What are you saying," Slapper merely panicked, "don't you want to get better?"

"Why *cough* should that *cough* matter?"

The rest of the Predacons looked questionly when they heard footsteps coming from the hallway. Sky Byte coughed again when Megatron came in the room saying the Predacon to keep an eye on him while he and the Decepticons went to find the antidote.

"Antidote? Is there such thing?"

Slapper got his answer and it was a hit on the top on the head by Megatron.

*********

R.E.V. was not too far off lying on the examining table coughing feeling light-headed, nauseated, and weak.

"Have you found anything ..." Optimus asked with a worried look on his face.

"I'm still scanning what caused the energon cubes to explode ..." T-ai said still keeping her eyes on the screen.

"Oh that just great, you're playing "Sherlock Homes" why R.E.V. is dying!"

"Dying?" Everyone merely panicked looking at Rena.

I'm so evil leaving you guys hanging like this …. but will both Sky Byte and R.E.V. die …. find out …