Trigun Fan Fiction / D. N. Angel Fan Fiction / GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ When you call my name.. ❯ Start of a new life ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note: I don't own any of these people or the anime they're in!

Chapter 2 - Start of a new life

Chibi-Saki, Ginji and Ban-chan arrived in front of the Honky Tonk. No one noticed Vash wasn't with them. They opened the door, Saki still in Ban-chan's arms. Mizuki Natsumi greeted them.

"Who's this?" Mizuki questioned, smiling at the chibi-Saki.

"We…met her when we were out," Ban-chan said.

"She's not normally that small," Ginji smiled.

"She's not?" Mizuki blinked.

"Nope, she's chibi," Ban-chan said fondly.

"Can I be turned back now?" Saki asked cutely.

"Sure," Ginji took the ray and Ban-chan set her on the floor. He flipped the switch and fired.

Nothing happened.

"Am I back yet?" Saki asked. Ginji shot again but the ray emitted gray smoke. He made a weird face.

"Is it…broken?" Ban-chan whispered to Ginji.

"I…think so," Ginji replied, panicking.

"Guys?" Saki tugged on Ban-chan's pant leg. He picked her up.

"Miss Saki…" he started. She tilted her head to the side.

"The chibi-ray…is broken," Ginji said slowly.

"B-broken?" Saki's lower lip quivered, she seemed about to cry.

"We'll fix it!" Ginji said hurriedly.

"My…greatest invention…" Saki's eyes welled up with tears.

"You made this!?" Ginji and Ban-chan exclaimed together. She nodded.

"Let me see it!" she grabbed it, "oh great, the main chip is fried, gotta replace it." She looked up at Ban-chan. "Can you and Ginji get me these things?" she asked, scribbling parts down on a pad with a big pencil.

"Sure," Ban-chan smiled.

"I'll start to take it apart while I wait," Saki smiled and sat down on a stool.

"See you soon," Ginji waved as he and Ban-chan left.

***

"You think we can find it all?" Ginji asked, looking up and down the aisles.

"Of course," Ban-chan took something off the shelf.

"Ban-chaan…" Ginji said in a singsong voice.

"Nani?" Ban-chan asked looking at Ginji.

"So…how long have you liked Saki-chan?" Ginji asked, nudging him.

"Eh?!" Ban-chan said surprised, "I-I don't like miss Saki!"

"Yes you do!" Ginji teased, "it's so obvious!"

"Well…maybe a little…" Ban-chan said quietly.

"And for you, that means a lot," Ginji smiled.

"Lets get back, she'll need the parts," Ban-chan said quickly and went to pay. Ginji smiled and followed.

***

Ban-chan and Ginji arrived back to see the whole chibi-ray pulled apart, the contents spread across the table.

"Yay! Your back!" Ban-chan felt her hugging his leg. He picked her up so she could hug him. Ginji smiled again.

"Here Saki-chan," Ginji said, putting the stuff on the table.

"Yay!" she cheered, taking parts and beginning to work.

She worked through dinner.

And all night.

Ginji and Ban-chan fell asleep waiting.

"Guys!" Saki screeched, trying to wake them up.

"N-nani?…" Ginji said sleepily.

"Oh! You fixed it?" Ban-chan asked smiling.

"Yup! Change me back!" Saki said happily.

"Right away," Ginji smiled and gave the ray to Ban-chan. He aimed, and fired. This time she grew back to her 5'5" old self.

"Yay!" she jumped around. She stopped and stared at them. "You're both so tall!" she pouted. Indeed, they were both close to 6 feet.

"Aww, we're sorry Saki-chan," Ginji said sympathetically. Just then, Paul walked out of the back room and a stranger walked into the Honky Tonk.

"Can I help you?" Paul asked, ignoring the trio for a minute. The stranger said nothing, was cloaked in a brown trench coat and brown hat-and sat down in a booth. Ginji shrugged,

"Hiya Paul!" he said eagerly.

"Hello Midou, Ginji-who's this?" he asked, peering over at Saki. The stranger turned a little in their direction.

"H-hello," Saki said quietly.

"This is Saki-chan, we just met her around 2 days ago," Ginji smiled and whispered something to Paul.

"Oh! Pleased to meet you miss," Paul smiled.

"Ginji…" Ban-chan growled.

"Eep!" Ginji hid behind Saki.

"Oro?" Saki looked confused. The stranger lifted his hat a little to see better, emerald eyes shone from under the hat.

"Mister! Do you want anything?" Paul called.

"Coffee." The man said shortly.

"Surely," Paul went to get some. Saki decided to try and be helpful.

"Um…mister?" she asked, walking over, "do you want me to take your hat and coat?" He didn't move, or answer. "Mister?" Then, in one sudden movement, the man grabbed Saki and drew a gun from his pocket. His hat fell to the floor.

"V-Vash?" Ginji stuttered.

"Vash-kun?!" Saki said surprised, still struggling.

"That is not the real Vash," Ban-chan said angry, "you can just see it in his eyes."

"Vash-let go…please…you're-you're hurting me," Saki said, gasping in pain as he tightened his grip.

"Stop it! Whoever you are, let her go!" Ban-chan yelled.

"Make one move, and she's dead," Vash said, in a voice totally unlike his own.

"Damn it," Ginji said. Ban-chan prepared to use his Evil Eye, but `Vash' had a trick of his own. He disappeared in a flash of green light, leaving them both stunned for a moment.

"Saki!" Ban-chan yelled. Ginji put a hand on his shoulder.

"She's gone, Ban-chan," he said softly.

"No, damn it!" he said angrily, "Come Ginji, we'll find this bastard." He began to walk out.

"Wait, Midou," Paul said softly. Ginji jumped, he hadn't heard him come back. "Don't take rash actions, we need to get information--"

"We can't!" Ban-chan yelled, "he's her FRIEND! Someone's CONTROLLING him! We don't even know where to start…" he collapsed onto a chair at the bar, his head in his hands.

"Ban-chan, I'll find out where she is, I promise," Ginji whispered and went to research, leaving Ban-chan to think.

--End again!! It gets better I swear…review please!