Trinity Blood Fan Fiction ❯ Trinity Blood the Movie ❯ Scene Seven Romeo and Juliet ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7 Romeo & Juliet
 
Ion and Esther offered to help Pierre with the inn/café. They busted tables and served drinks and plates of French cuisine or pastries made by Pierre. Outside, Abel and Tres helped Jacques chop wood for the fire. While they were chopping, Pierre came out and asked Jacques to get some food from the market. Jacques agreed and took the list from him. After he took it, he quickly left the yard to go to the market, leaving Abel and Tres to finish chopping the wood.
 
Abel wiped the sweat from his bow and sighed; he was exhausted. “Tres, why don't you finish this up?” He said and dropped his ax.
 
“Negative, Father Nightroad. It would take us quicker to it together.” Tres replied and blankly stared at him.
 
“Awe, come on Tresie! I'm not an android like you! I've got to take breaks once in a while!” He whined and pinked up his ax again. “Besides it's cold.” He added with a shiver.
 
Just then Esther came out with a tray of hot drinks. “Abel. Tres.” She called as she walked toward them. Abel wildly shook his head as he said, “Esther! You've made it just in time! I wanted to take a break and have a hot drink!” He took a brown handle less mug and lifted it up to his mouth. He took a deep breath through his nose and smelled the spicy aroma. “I take it that this is hot cinder.” He said and took a sip.
 
After Esther handed Tres his mug, she replied, “Yes, Abel. It is.” She smiled at him when he had taken his sip. “My, this is good!” He exclaimed. She nodded and then went back inside the inn/café.
 
Soon the café was closed and it was time for dinner. The six of them sat at the bar-like area and eat their meal. After they finished, Jacques stood up and said, “Tonight, we are going to the theater!”
 
“The theater? Jacques, you kid.” Pierre scoffed.
 
“No, Pierre. The grocer gave me sic tickets to see a play at the theater.” He pressed back.
 
“A theater seems nice to go to.” Esther said. “I haven't been to a play in ages!”
 
“A theater it is then!' Abel exclaimed and stood up from his seat.
 
“Jacques, what is playing tonight?” Ion asked.
 
“No clue. The grocer just gave me them and told me to bring my friends.” Jacques said with a shrug.
 
“Jacques. Pierre. I request to stay here.” Tres said.
 
“Tres!” Abel cried. “You have to go. It won't be the same without you!”
 
“Abel, I disincline to go. I have to need to accompany you.” He replied.
 
“Nonsense Tres!” Pierre exclaimed joining in. “You are going to go and have fun!”
 
“I have no knowledge of this word `fun' that you speak of.” Tres spoke once again.
 
“Hey, Abel? Is this guy all right?” Jacques whispered to him.
 
“Ah, well, Tres is just fine. I guess he just hates plays…” Abel replied, “…or something.” He added.
 
“Well, lets go!” Pierre said and marched impractically toward the door. Everyone else grabbed their coats and headed out to the theater. (A/N: By then, Esther's clothes where dried and now she has them on.)
 
They arrived at the theater safely and took their seats in the audience. The room darkened and the giant, red curtain began to rise. “So Abel, what is this play again?” Esther whispered into Abel's ear. “I'm not sure. Romeo and Juliet I believe.” He answered quietly.
 
Romeo and Juliet?” She repeated and then looked back at the curtain that was now raised.
 
A group of actors and actress came out and spoke their lines, Two households, both alike in dignity, in fair Verona, where we lay our scene, from ancient grudge break to new mutiny, where civil blood makes civil hands unclean. From forth the fatal loins of these two foes. A pair of star-crossed lovers take their life; whose misadventured piteous overthrows doeth with their death bury their parents' strife. The fearful passage of their death-marked love, and the continuance of their parents' rage, which, but their children's end, nought could removed, is now the two hours' traffic of our stage; the which if you with patient ears attend, what here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend.” After their lines they exited the stage and the play began.
 
Soon it was the most famous part of the play, where Juliet appeared in the aloft by the window when Romeo was speaking, “He jests at scars that never felt a wound. But soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun. Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon, who is already sick and pale with grief that thou, her maid, art far more fair than she. Be not her maid, since she is envious. Her vestal livery is but sick and green, and none but fools do wear it: cast it off. It is my lady, O it is my love; O that she knew she were. She speaks, yet she says nothing. What of that? Her eye discourses: I will answer it. I am too bold: `tis not to me she speaks. Two of the fairest stars in all heaven, having some business, do entreat her eyes to twinkle in their spheres till they return. What if her eyes were there, they in her head? The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars as daylight doth a lamp; her eyes in heaven would though the airy region stream so bright that the birds would sing and think it were not night. See how she leans her cheek upon her hand! O that I were a glove upon that hand, that I might touch that cheek.”
 
“Ay me!” Juliet gasped.
 
“She speaks.” Romeo continued, “O speak again, bright angel, for thou art as glorious to this night, being o'er my head, as a winged messenger of heaven unto the white-upturned wondering eyes of mortals that fall back to gaze on him when he bestrides the lazy-passing clouds and sails upon the bosom of the air.”
 
“O Romeo, Romeo!” She cried, “Wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny the father and refuse thy name: or, of thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, and I shall no longer be Capulet.”
 
Abel flexed his hand, which rested on the armrest, and looked around him. “Something is wrong. I sense danger in the air.” He looked at the lofts where the wealthy sat. Wealthy Methuselah sat there. “Methuselah? They came to see a Terran play? That's odd.” He thought and continued to watch the play after he saw how moved Esther's face was. She had tears on her cheeks and a smile across her lips.
 
However, up in the lofts a big-boned, plump Methuselah sat with his elbow propped on the armrest and his cheek in his hand. He yawned as he watched the play. A shorter Methuselah, who had silver hair, came up to him and said quietly, “My lord, everything is in order. We've found the Queen of Albion and she sitting over there.” He pointed over to where Esther sat across the room.
 
The plump Methuselah picked up his gold binoculars and peered through them. He spotted Esther clearly and easily. He chuckled, “Excellent. I want you to kill her after Juliet acts out her death.” He chuckled again. “Make sure it's quick and bloodless. I don't want anyone to suspect us. And if anybody catches you, there was never we, it's just you.”
 
“I got it, my lord.” The little Methuselah whispered and left the loft to put their evil plan into action.
 
The plump Methuselah grinned evilly, “Lord Cain will be mighty proud of me when he gets word that I killed the Queen of Albion.”
 
Soon it was the second to last scene when Romeo found Juliet `dead'.
 
“How oft when men are at the point of death have they been merry, which their keepers call a light'ning before death! O how may I call his light'ning? O my love, my wife! Death, that hath sucked the honey of thy breath, hath had no power yet upon thy beauty. Thou art not conquered; beauty's ensign yetis crimson in thy lips and in thy cheeks and death's pale flag is not advance there. Tybalt, liest thou there in thy bloody sheet? O, what more favour can I do to thee than with that hand that cut thy youth in twain to sunder his that was thine enemy? Forgive me, cousin! Ah, dear Juliet why art thou yet so fair? Shall I believe that unsubstantial Death is amorous, and that the lean abhorred monster keeps thee here in dark to be his paramour? For fear of that I still will stay with thee, and never from this palace of dim night depart again. Here, here I will remain with worms that are thy chambermaids. O, here will I set up on my everlasting rest, and shake the yoke of inauspicious stars from this world-wearied flesh. Eyes, look your last! Arms, take your last embrace! And lips, O you, the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss a dateless bargain to engrossing Death! Come, bitter conduct; come, unsavoury guide! Thou desperate pilot, now at once run on the dashing rocks thy seasick weary bark! Here's to my love!” Romeo called out as he raised the vial of poison as a toast and brought it back to his lips. He drank it all. “O true apothecary! Thy drugs are quick. Thus I die with a kiss.” He dies by her side.
 
Then she awakes from her slumber. “Romeo?” She called out and looked at the dead Romeo. “What's here? A cup, closed in my true love's hand? Poison, I see, hath been his timeless end, O churl! drunk all, and left no friendly drop to help me after? I will kiss thy lips. Haply some poison yet doth hang on them to make me die with restorative.” She kissed him. “Thy lips are warm!”
 
A watchman called out from the distance, “Lead boy! Which way?”
 
“Yea noise?” Juliet gasped. “Then I'll be brief. O happy dagger.” She grabbed Romeo's dagger. “This is thy sheath,” she stabbed herself and whispered, “there rest, and let me die.” She falls on top of his body and died.
 
Esther covered her mouth with her hand as she cried at the sad scene. Tear just kept on flowing down her cheeks like a never-ending waterfall. Abel looked at the sobbing Esther. He didn't know what to do. “It was just a play.” He said to himself. Suddenly his eyes caught a simmering object as it flew towards Esther. He jumped up and stood in front of her.
 
“Abel, what are you doing I can't see.” She whispered. He flinched as the flying object hit his back. “Esther, come with me.” He whispered with the sound on pain in his voice and he took her by the wrist and led her out of the audience and into the lobby.
“Abel, what are you doing? Where are we going?” She asked as he dragged her along. She noticed the long, but short, metal needle-like object stick out of his back. She reached to touch it as she asked, “Abel what is this in your back?” She tapped it and he flew around as he yelled, “Don't touch it!” Anger was his expression now. As well as fear and pain.
 
She moved her hand away from it as tears of fright flowed down her cheeks. She jerked her hand away from his; she ran out of the lobby and out the door into the night. “Esther! Wait don't leave me! It's dangerous to go out alone!” He yelled as he chased after her. He opened the door to hear her scream. “Esther!” He yelled and turned to the direction of her screaming.
 
Two muscular Methuselah were holding her. A short older one stood next to them and said, “Sorry but we will be taking the Queen of Albion now. Good day!” They turned to leave and Abel spoke with a serious tone, “Unhand her now1” The short Methuselah looked over his shoulder. “What if I don't want to?”
 
“Nanomachine Crusnik 02 power input 40 percent acknowledged.” He said and transformed into his crusnik form. He charged at the short Methuselah swiftly and punched him in the stomach, sending him flying. He then punched the other two. They swore and dropped Esther and began to fight with Abel.
 
After she was dropped, Esther got up and ran behind a carriage of some wealthy man. Tears still poured down her cheeks, but this time they were tears of concern for Abel's safety. She looked at the clouded night sky and saw a bit of light from the moon behind one of the clouds. She prayed a pray for Abel's safety as she listened to the battle.
 
One of the tougher Methuselahs leaped toward him with a dagger and went to cut him with it, but Abel released his scythe and they clashed together. He grabbed Abel's hands restricting his movements. The guy dug his long stone-like finger nails into his wrist forcing him to drop is scythe with a yelp of pain. Then the other one came up behind him and put him into a full nelson.
 
Abel dropped into his kneels and pulled the Methuselah that he held him over his head, hitting the other guy and causing them to fall over. He grabbed his scythe and sliced the two Methuselah in haft. They died right there and then.
 
Abel turned to the short Methuselah, who had started to run away frantically, and appeared in front of him. He ran straight into his legs because he had his head over his shoulders as he looked back. He looked into Abel's burnt red eyes and stood onto his knees. “Please don't kill me! I was only ordered by my master to do so!” He begged.
 
“Who is your master?” He asked in his metallic, throaty voice.
 
He nodded and answered, “My lord's name is Count Ivar Carlson!” Suddenly a knife flew out of nowhere and struck the small Methuselah's heart through the back. He coughed out blood and then fell over dead. Abel looked at him astonish and then looked up at the direction of where the knife came from. He saw a plump, richly dressed Methuselah.
 
The Methuselah swore and then said, “Carl, I told you if someone caught you, there wasn't ever a `we'.” He snarled and then looked at Abel. “And who might you be and what business do you have with that damn woman?”
 
Abel knitted his eyebrows together. “That's none of your business. Why do you wish you kill the Queen of Albion?” Abel asked.
 
He began to explain, “I plan on taking her to Lord Cain and have him deal with her-” but Abel, who jabbed his scythe into his heart, cut him off. His eyes grew wide with the pain and then he fell at Abel's feet. “I will say a pray on your behalf.” Abel whispered as he looked down at the now dead Methuselah.
 
Esther peered out from behind the carriage. She looked to see Abel but didn't see him anywhere. She heard the screams of the men that were slaughtered, but she didn't see a trace of them. She wandered around the courtyard of the theater. Thunder cracked over her head and lightning lit the night sky.
 
“Abel! Abel!” She called out and wandered around the corner of the building. There she found him as he tiredly walked toward her with his head down.
 
“Abel!” She called out to him and ran to him with her arms spread out and tears flowing again from his eyes. “Esther…” He murmured as she wrapped her arms around his.
 
“Hey you two!” A Methuselah yelled from the top of the building as he shown a spotlight on them. “Hey guys! That's the man who slain our master! Get him!” More Methuselah came and surrounded them.
 
Abel wrapped his arms around Esther and whispered in her ear, “Hold on.” She nodded and clung to him even more.
 
“Hey you!” A Methuselah yelled as he and another Methuselah from the opposite side of him charged at them.
 
“Nanomachine Crusnik 02 power input at 80 percent acknowledged.” Abel said in his scratchy voice and his old, black wings unraveled out from his back. Then they both took off into the night sky as rain began to pour down.