Tsubasa Chronicle Fan Fiction ❯ The Gamble ❯ Gamble for Friendship ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Gamble
Summary: When Kurogane and Fai are still just children Yuko, Tomoyo, and Ashura take risky gamble.
Characters: Kurogane + Fai D. Flowright.
Rating: K+
Genre: Friendship/Romance
Copyright: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle belongs to Clamp. Any other recognizable media is the property of their respective owners.
Crossovers: xxxHolic- Clamp
Couples: KuroFai
Author's Notes: N/A
Last Time: Kurogane wasn't completely aware of himself when he said it. “I think I just found the most beautiful thing in the world.” Fai turned to stare at him with a curious look. “Huh?” Kurogane blushed slightly and ducked his head. “It's nothing.” He stated, squirming under that bright blue gaze. Fai stared at him for a minute than smiled slightly. “Thank you.” He whispered.
====
She briefly wondered what he would look like with a full smile on his face. So far she had only seen mere glimpses of half-smiles and amused eyes.
====
Ashura nodded. “Fai's just saying that everything seems so different from our world. Even the people.” He chuckled. “They always say that opposites attract. I'm sure he'll be fine.”
====
“Talking”
`Thinking'
 
Chapter 3- Gamble for Friendship-
Kurogane wondered if he should be annoyed or amused. He watched with a raised eyebrow as Fai tried to use chopsticks. “Stop.” He stated finally, grabbing the blonde's hand. “Just, just stop.”
 
Fai shot him an apologetic look. “Sorry.” He whispered, dropping his hands into his hands. Kurogane's eyes softened and he moved so he was sitting behind the boy. “Here, let's try this again.” He stated, grabbing the pale hands and guiding them into the correct pose around the chopsticks. Fai tensed in his hands.
 
The darker boy sighed. “Relax, just like this.” He whispered, gently moving Fai's hands around. Fai let him do it before shaking his hands off and doing it on his own. The movement was much surer than it was before. Fai tried it again and again until he could do it smoothly. Kurogane nodded with a smile. “Much better.” He complemented.
 
Fai turned his head and stared at Kurogane. “Thank you, Kurogane-san.” The darker boy smiled and nodded. “If you have any trouble just ask. You learn pretty fast.”
============================================================
Fai turned his head slightly when Kurogane's mother enters the room. “Ah, Fai-kun. There you are.” She smiled at him. “You seem to just disappear whenever my son's at sword practice. I'm sorry there's nothing we can do to keep you busy.”
 
The blonde shook his head slightly. “No, it's okay. I don't mind.” The woman walked forward. “You can do something besides twiddling your thumbs.” Fai's eyes shot back to her. “Wha…twiddle my thumbs?” he asked.
 
She giggled slightly. “It's an expression we have. It means to just sit there and do nothing.” Fai nodded. “You're the Lady of the house, right?” She blinked but nodded. “Yes. Is there anything I can do for you?”
 
Fai looked away. “Could you…could you arrange to have someone teach me how to cook?” Kurogane's mother stared at the boy. “If you want.” She smiled. Fai nodded.”
============================================================
Kurogane looked up when he heard soft footsteps approach. He looked up as Fai stood next to him and held out a plate. “Eh? What's this?” he asked, taking the plate from the pale boy.
 
Fai stared at a point just over Kurogane's shoulder. “It's a snack. One of your cooks taught me how to make it.” He stated. Kurogane glanced at the boy in curiosity before taking a bit of the food. Fai continued to stare out across the winding porch, his hands twisting around each other in nervousness.
 
Kurogane chewed slowly before he smiled, “Its good. A bit sugary but good.” He looked up at the blonde and grinned. “Of course, I never was one for sweets.” A half-grin flickered over Fai's face. “I'm glad you approve, Kurogane-san.”
==============================================================
Fai walked forward and sat next to the other boy. He turned and followed Kurogane's eyes to see him staring at the setting sun. His breath caught and just seconds after he'd sat down he scrabbled to his feet and ran forward slightly, staring at the mixed colors painted across the sky. “Wow.”
 
Kurogane grinned at the boy. “You never seen a sun set before?” Fai looked back at him slightly. “We have sun sets in Celes but with all the ice and snow the light reflects off and becomes almost blinding. It kind of ruins the effect, Kurogane-san.”
 
Kurogane frowned. “Don't do that.” He stated. Fai turned to him in shock and confusion. “Don't do what?” Kurogane looked away. “Call me that. We're roughly the same age.” Fai's eyes widened. “But it's disrespectful! You and your family re taking care of me, after all.”
 
The darker boy frowned, “So? We're friends, right?” Fai's eyes widened slightly. “Friends?” He asked. There was a sort of breathless tone to his voice. Kurogane thought the boy shouldn't be that shocked. “Yeah.” He answered and then looked back at the boy's wide blue eyes. “Right?”
 
“Friends.” Fai whispered again. Slowly, pain-stakingly slowly, a smile wormed itself onto the blonde's face. For the first time since Kurogane had met the boy Fai was smiling. It was a true, honest, full smile and it lit up his entire face. “Yeah, we're friends. Kurogane!” Fai stated, smiling widely and brightly, his eyes alive and shining. Kurogane was entranced and that day he vowed to make sure that smile never disappeared.