Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled: A Leah Clearwater Story ❯ Chapter 22

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Thanks for all of the reviews! Hope this one is better than the last.
------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------
 
Chapter 22
 
I locked myself in my room. I had every intention of soaking my pillow and drowning myself in salty tears. Logically I knew that crying was pointless but it was the only release for the physical pain I was in now. I seemed like the further Nahuel traveled away from me the more pain I endured. My chest was on fire; I felt like I had been punched in the gut all of the wind had escaped from me. I wondered if our distance had any physical affect on Nahuel? I pulled my feet up to my chest trying to block the pain to no avail, my body started to shake and tears continued to fall. About five minutes into my torture I heard someone at my door.
 
“Leah, you decent?” Ren said at barely a whisper, I said nothing I just turned over. Eventually she would get the hint that I wanted to be left alone. I debated whether to jump out of the window and just be by myself, but I had no energy. I flopped back on the bed. Where's my I-pod? If I had it I could tune that damned tapping out of my head.
 
“Five seconds and I'll break the door down!” Ren said I knew it wasn't a threat, when she was angry she was reckless and destructive. I got up and answered the door.
 
“What?” I said coldly then when I saw how drained Ren looked, I knew she had to be experiencing something similar to what I was feeling.
 
“Can I hang with you?” I saw the tears in her eyes. She went to my bed without my permission, but I was in too much pain to care. I lay beside her and pulled my knees back to my chest.
 
“You feel it too?” The burning sensation got stronger at its mention.
 
“If I had known separation was going to be this painful I would have objected more strongly.” She said holding her chest.
 
“Hmm” was all I said, I had watched as several of my friends went under the hypnotic spell that imprinting cast, I knew that there was a reason for them needing to be so close. Jacob had pretty much moved in with the Cullen's once Renesmee was born and I was supposed to be okay with Nahuel being states away from me. I may be tough but I'm not crazy. Ren wrapped her arms around me holding me her body shook as she released silent tears. I wanted her to let go, I know they say that misery loves company but that is not the case in this situation, I needed to suffer alone.
 
Just as I was about to shoved Ren off of me, Alice entered the room and stared at us.
 
“Would you look at this, you two have to get up we have plans for today.” She said looking in my dresser and pulling out clothing for me to wear.
 
“No just let us lay here all day it will be easier for you to have fun with out us.” I said barely paying her any attention.
 
“Ren this was your idea! Help me out!” Alice said frustrated.
 
“Right” she said going to my closet and pulling out an already packed suitcase, “We made these plans before I knew what kind of pain we'd both be in today. We can try to make the best of it.”
 
I got off the bed and stretched I would force myself to be stronger than the pain, even though I had an extreme urge to kick them both out of my room, “Where are we going anyway?” They both smiled and wouldn't respond, “Okay I know you both heard me, generally when someone poses a question the general rule is to respond with an answer.”
 
“Oh, I'll give you a response” Alice said throwing the jeans and shirt in my direction, “get dressed we have a long day ahead of us.” I dressed and went to meet Alice and Ren downstairs. I see the all of the female Cullen's matched in similar clothes.
 
“What the hell is going on?”
 
“Leah Clearwater this is you bachelorette party!!” Shelly squealed.
 
“Oh no I” I went to complain. I didn't even want a bachelorette party they seemed kind of pointless to me, the Alice blindfolded me, “What are you doing? A blindfold? Seriously?”
 
“It adds to the mystery” Alice said in what I guess was to be a scary voice.
 
“Well at least tell her some of what we have planned.” Bella said in the distance.
 
“We will be making several stops by the end of the day the most important decisions regarding you wedding will have been made. We have some other ummm . . . surprises too.” Alice snickered and the rest followed suit.
 
I thought about arguing but what was the point once they had it made up in their mind to do something it was pretty much hopeless.
 
“So I guess we are planning my wedding then!” They pulled me out of the house we got into a car. I could tell Rose was driving because of the speed and skill on the curves and turns. Even though the rest of them were talking I was quiet. I was trying to ignore the ripping feeling going through my chest.
 
“Okay take her blindfold off we are at the first stop” Alice said after they had led me into a building of some kind. When they took off the blindfold I was shocked by what I saw. I thought I was being led into some sort of boutique but instead the facility was more like a warehouse.
 
“What is this? I thought we were planning a wedding not shooting a horror film.”
 
“We are we came up with an idea that made it so we all could be involved. Apparently, we all had different ideas about the types of wedding features you would like, so we split up into groups and made purchases and you can choose the one you like best.” Bella placed a chair in the middle of the room and gestured for me to sit down. I walked slowly over to the seat. The whole atmosphere weird for this kind of thing, I felt like I was going to be electrocuted. The room was so quiet and it had a cold vibe, it would have been my choice location for this kind of thing.
 
“First category is music. A major necessity to set the proper mood.” Ren said as she handed Shelly her CD to play. Ren was on a team with Shelly they seemed confident in their music choices, when I listened to the music selections it filled the room with a young hip-hop vibe that is great for everyday enjoyment, but not for this particular occasion, besides Ren knows that Nahuel can't stand my taste in music and its his day too. Alice, Bella, and Rose picked out a number of selections that were more romantic and triggered emotions that were painful at the moment yet perfect for the occasion, they even picked some of Nahuel's favorite songs and placed them in the mix.
 
“I hate to say it Ren, but I am going to pick Alice's CD for the wedding, but your CD will most definitely be residing in my car.” I said taking both discs.
 
“Fair enough” she said taking her CD back, “but we listen to my CD now, the silence in this place is creepy.” I was glad somebody else had said something, there was a reason Ren was my closest friend she usually had the best ideas about what was going on in my head.
 
“Since we won the first challenge we get to pick the next” Rose disappeared into a back room and comes back with a dressing doll with a white sheet draped over it. They unveiled the bridesmaid dress, it was beautiful, light gray, spaghetti strapped masterpiece, it was tredy yet timeless, and everything I never knew I wanted. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Ren's eyes bug out of her head. I felt bad because she must have felt she was going to lose this challenge too, a dress like this would be almost impossible to beat.
 
“Well, I guess great minds think alike” Ren said revealing her dress they had chosen the exact same dress, except the Ren chose the dress in lilac, which is my favorite color, it was the one thing that could make the dress more perfect than it already was, it was so perfect in fact that I had to touch it.
 
“Ren wins” I murmured still admiring the dress. The morning hours continue on this way. The categories went from invitations, shoes, cake, tuxedos, location; this list went on and on until my head started to spin.
 
“Now for the final reveal” She said excited, “This is my favorite part!”
 
“Blindfold please!” Alice covered my eyes again, “Now when you open your eyes you will be wearing you wedding dress, we all agreed that this is THE DRESS, so you better like it!”
 
When they uncovered my eyes I saw a soft, white, satin like fabric wrapped around me. The fabric was so thin it felt as though I was wearing nothing.
 
“Beautiful!” Shelly squealed.
 
“I can't believe I'm saying this Leah, but I'm almost jealous of the way you look in that dress.” Rose said as she circled me.
 
“Well what do you think?” Ren said squeezing my shoulders, “I've never seen this expression on your face before.”
 
“I love it” I whispered smoothing the fabric of the dress, “Thank you so much” I was choked up it was like the dress was made for me. I couldn't wait for Nahuel to see me in it. Ugh, the mere thought of him cause the pain in my chest to become stronger; I rubbed my chest trying to alleviate the pain.
 
“You okay?” The overly observant Bella noticed my facial expression.
 
“Yeah I'm fine,” I said slowly removing my hand and studying my reflection in the mirror.
 
“Okay moving on!” Ren said leading me away from the mirror, “Time to move on to our next destination.”
 
------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------
 
The next stop looked like a haunted house. “What exactly are we gonna do here?” I said in disbelief that there was any fun to be had inside that building.
 
“I can't see your future but Elvira can.” Alice said leading me toward the door.
 
“Elvira? Seriously, do you think this phony can see my future?”
 
“Trust me, she is a legitimate fortune teller, I would know.”
 
“But her freakin name is Elvira for crying out loud!” I laughed.
 
“Her real name is Anna Banks. Does that make you feel better?” Alice huffed.
 
When we went inside the décor matched the outside of the house, which meant it was equally creepy.
 
“Good afternoon ladies” The old lady descended from the stairs, “Alice, a pleasure as always.”
 
“How have you been?” Elvira said as she poured five cups of tea.
 
“I have been well, thank you for obliging us with a meeting on such short notice.” Alice said handing Shelly a cup of tea and then taking one herself.
 
“My pleasure, now who is the bride to be?” the old lady asked. I looked around I still wasn't sure I wanted to waste my time this way.
 
“Here she is” Rose said pushing me forward.
 
“Come with me” Elvira led me to the back of her house and placed a code into the back door. When we entered the room it looked like we had entered an entirely different house, “One minute let me change into something more comfortable.”
 
A few minutes later a young woman with long black hair and creepy green eyes entered the room and sat in front of me. I stared at her obviously confused.
 
“Alice obviously didn't tell you much about me,” The young woman laughed.
 
“Should she have?” Why was this woman trying to talk to me? Where was that old lady? I was more than ready to get this over with so I could get out of this place.
 
“I'm Elvira, I'm a witch.” Her green eyes glowed lightly.
 
“Like a wand carrying witch?” I laughed this had to be some kind of joke.
 
“Is that such a far stretch from vampires and werewolves?” she glared at me momentarily as if to intimidate me.
 
“I guess you're right about the vampire thing, but I wouldn't know if werewolves exists because I personally have never seen one,” I said smartly. When I think of werewolves, I think of those monsters in scary movies that stand on two feet, usually have black fur, change in the moonlight, and are killed by silver bullets, which had nothing to do with what I was.
 
“Right. Well I thought you would be comfortable with me since one of the ladies with you posses a similar supernatural power.”
 
“Who Alice?”
 
“No, the young human” she waved her hand over the counter and two cokes appeared, “By the way I don't use a wand, nor do I ride a broom.”
 
“Shelly?” Wow that would explain the creepy eye thing.
 
“Yes, her energy is fairly new, she probably isn't even aware of her change, at least when she stops again she won't have to worry about losing her loved ones, all of you are pretty indestructible and unaffected by time.” I nodded in response to her statement, wow leave it to me to hook up my brother with a witch!
 
“Shall we get on with your reading then?”
 
“Aren't you going to use some cards or something?”
 
“Only if you want me to lie to you.” She said laughing, “All I need is your hands” I hesitantly placed my hands in hers. Her eyes lit up to a color that resembled lime green, seemed as though she was in a trance, she rocked slowly back and fort for five minutes then her eyes returned to their normal color.
 
“I've never read for a shape shifter before, It was difficult to get a proper read. I think it is because as your shape shifts it creates other opportunities for your life to change that I can't account for. However there a few things I am certain of you will marry Nahuel, the two of you will be separated three times not by choice but by circumstance, and lastly you will become pregnant. Usually I can tell some more detailed information and the order as to which events will happen in their life but reading for you is like trying to piece together a puzzle.”
 
“So you can't give me a time frame on the alleged separations?”
 
“I'm afraid not, but I can tell you that one man will be the cause of all three occurrences, it will end in one of two way, his death or one of yours.” She said glumly taking a sip of her coke.
 
“It must be him because I have no plans to die in the near future.”
 
“I'm surprised you believed me so easily, you were skeptical at first”
 
“It's hard to deny that something freaky happened your eyes lit up like the light bulbs on a Christmas tree.” We both laughed. I believed her for the most part but some of it had to be false, the pregnancy thing had to be false because it is impossible, I think.
 
“Our time is up” she said leading me to the door, “One more thing allow the new one to discover her energy on her own it will better for her in the long run.”
 
“Thanks” she must have known I was about to question Shelly and figure out what she knew and fill her in on the rest.
 
------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------
 
Night had now fallen and I was sure we were on our way home when Alice decide to attack me with that stupid blindfold again.
 
“Last stop of the night.” She said as she spun me around and directed me towards the car.
 
I knew where they had taken me before they could manage to take the blindfold off.
 
“A club? You brought me to a club?” I huffed it was completely unoriginal.
 
“Not just any club the hottest club in New York, do you know how much it costs to get in her?” Rose said adjusting her dress.
 
“I'm guessing it's a lot since you felt the need to bring it up.” I looked down at the dress they had me wearing it was black and had a neckline that plunged all the way down to my belly button.
 
“Well let's do this then.” I trying to sound positive but even I had to admit that I sounded kind of bitter.
 
“Leah we have VIP seating. You should be excited” Rose said smiling, “I'm excited.”
 
We entered the club and it had a very underground vibe. The inside reminded me of a subway scene. There were gates and signage to decorate the club floor and the music they played resembled that of punk rock, rap, and hip hop.
 
“We have to go up to the top” Alice led the way we followed her up the stairs. As I was walking I spotted a man on the ground floor that caused me to pause and Bella knocked into me almost knocking me over. The man's side profile was extremely similar to Nahuel face, he seemed as though he was looking for something.
 
“What do you see?” Bella asked scanning the crowd. I shrugged it off and continued up the stairs.
 
The VIP lounge had a variety of drinks and snacks, even though the alcohol wouldn't have an effect on me I decided to try some beverages to complete my club experience.
 
“So are we gonna dance or what?” I said grabbing Ren's hand.
 
“I guess we are!” She grabbed Shelly and the rest followed. We made our way into the middle of the dance floor; I want to be dead in the center of all the craziness. As we danced I noticed the overly attentive Nahuel looking man starring at me. Most men had the tendency to look away when I met their stare but not him. His stare was unrelenting and actually made me uneasy. He started to approach me.
 
“Okay it's time to go now,” I said starting to back away from the crowd and away from the man.
 
“What Leah! I can't hear you?” Shelly said as she followed my worried expression. “Wow he looks just like Nahuel! You should dance with him!”
 
“Actually, I'm just going to step outside for a minute and get some air.” I escaped for a few minutes through the back door. Once there I smell an intense scent of honey. “Oh wow, it's official I am losing my mind.”
 
------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------
 
We got home at 4:00AM and I headed directly up to my room ignoring the fact that I was being followed. Once I opened the bedroom door they all climbed on my bed.
 
“What are you people doing, I need to sleep, sleep is good” I said in my best Nahuel impersonation.
 
“There's one last thing, the gifts!” Alice said pulling out a table full of gifts.
 
“All of these are for you honeymoon,” Bella said handing me hers first, “Most of them won't make it back to this house. I hope you find them . . .useful” She laughed.
 
All of the boxes contained some form of lingerie some conservative and some not so much.
 
“How does this work exactly?” I held up the small piece of black fabric.
“Try it on and I will tell you if you have it on right.” Rose said correcting the way I was holding it. After I tried on her gifts the others demanded I try on all of theirs. I was midway through trying them on when I found my favorite piece.
 
“This is nice Alice” It was white slightly transparent and it had matching bra and panty set that went with it.
 
“Of course you would like mine best, I do have the best taste” She said jokingly but we all knew she was serious.
 
“I will probably use this one on my wedding night.” I said turning around so I could see how it looked from the back.
 
“You can't be sure yet you haven't tried mine on” Ren said, “Not that I know anything about this kind of thing.” She said as she shot a look at her mother, Bella rolled her eyes, she was many things, but stupid was not one of them.
 
I tried on the first item in Ren's gift bag it was a frilly little red thing.
 
“Um Ren, this isn't really my style.”
 
“But its mine!” Emmett said coming to the door, “Nahuel dude, I just saw your girlfriend naked!”
 
“What?” I heard Nahuel in the distance but within seconds he was standing beside Emmett, in that time I manage to find my robe and cover myself my embarrassment however was still planted squarely on my face.
 
“Now I understand your frustration!” Emmett laughed.
 
“What are you doing back so early” Rose said as made her was over to Emmett.
 
“Someone wasn't having a good time, so we had to cut it short” he motioned to Jacob behind him.
 
“Aww my poor baby wasn't having a good time” Ren laughed as she pinched Jacob's cheeks.
 
“It's not that” he huffed, “I was just worried about you.”
 
Eventually everyone exited my room and Nahuel and I were left alone.
 
“Did you miss me?”
 
“You have no idea!” I said I hugged him.
 
“So what did you do while I was away?”
 
“It's a long story.” I said pulling him toward the bed. I was way past tired and now that he was here I knew I would be able to sleep peacefully.
 
“Well you can skip to the part that landed you in the middle of the floor in lingerie.”
 
“Ren bought this one,” I said opening my robe, “it's supposed to be for our honeymoon, but now I can't take this one.” I pouted playfully.
 
“Why is that?” Nahuel said struggling to try and make eye contact with me, he never succeeded.
 
“Because you've seen it already and they are supposed to be a surprise.” I said closing the robe, grabbed my arm and stopped me from completing the task.
 
“Think I should be allowed to preview at least one of your gifts” he smiled seductively. His hand traveled the patterns on the fabric and he kissed along my neck, he traveled my neck with is tongue and eventually ended up kissing me. In the mist of our making out I heard a loud ripping sound that cause me to jump.
 
“Sorry” Nahuel said holding to handfuls of fabric, he had totally destroyed the bottom half of my nightgown. One nighty down ninety-nine to go!