Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled: A Leah Clearwater Story ❯ Chapter 21

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Sorry I'm late! I'm trying to wean myself off of talking about Shelly so much and focus on Leah, after all it is her story. Oh btw Seth did not imprint on Shelly they just fell in love.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------
 
Chapter 21:
 
The morning approached the house greeting us all by having the sun shine directly into Shelly's window. I had barely won my battle against sleep. I rub my eyes willing them to hang in there for a couple more hours.
 
“We should retire for a couple of hours.” Nahuel said leading me towards the door. He is so in tune to what my body needs however at this moment I wasn't thinking about myself.
 
“But what about” I said trying to stop his attempts at moving me. It was a lost cause. Nahuel was stronger than me but it all depended on how hard he was willing to pull.
 
“Leah, I'm sure that someone will contact us if anything happens. At this point if she did wake up you wouldn't be able to have a conversation with her. You are dead on your feet.”
 
“Nahuel!” I said trying to keep my feet firmly on the ground.
 
“She will be fine. When you dosed off she woke up briefly at like two in this morning. She looked around but didn't say anything” Seth said not looking at me his tone robotic. “She will wake up again”
 
“She will” Edward said placing his hand on Seth's shoulder, “Probably sooner than you think. Her brain functioning perfectly and she is listening to us.”
 
“See, Leah” Nahuel said lifting me over his shoulder, “If you all will excuse us.”
 
“Nahuel put me down!” I said grabbing the doorframe, “I want to be here when she wakes up.” He put me down and took my hand once more. I stumbled forward slightly disoriented due to my exhaustion. Normally, I had perfect balance. Nahuel murmured something under his breath.
 
“What was that?” I said defensively.
 
“He said you were stubborn” Emmett smirked as he relayed the information he always did love a good conflict. I looked at Nahuel and my narrowed my eyes with anger.
 
“Well, you are!” he smirked and I rolled my eyes, he wrapped his arms around me from behind and supported most of my weight, “I am just trying to look out for you. You need sleep.” He whispered.
 
“I know and I thank you but I have to be here for Shelly. I will go to sleep when I am ready.” I said slowly to annoy him.
 
“Oh for the love of God, Leah. Listen to the man” Shelly murmured, “I'm trying to rest here.” She opened her eyes and stared at me, her voice was scratchy and she seemed groggy I touched her hand.
 
“See I am fine and I know you love me. Now go with Nahuel before you screw me out of a wedding to plan!” she smiled and closed her eyes and then sighed.
 
“Do you need anything before I go?” I said, as I am being led toward the door yet again.
 
“Don't worry! I am in good hands.” She said as she grabbed Seth's hand and he smiled back at her.
 
“I knew you would come back to me.” Seth said, happiness and relief was evident in every syllable of his statement.
 
“I will be with you forever Seth, and then some.” She said to him before falling back asleep.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------
 
I finally allowed Nahuel to escort me to my room. Once inside his face was hard. He wasn't angry with me he just seemed to be in deep thought, sat on the foot of my bed troubled by something. I finally climbed into bed. I expected him to join me but he didn't.
 
“Are you going to tell me what is bothering you?” I said wrapping my arms around him.
 
“Yesterday was filled with so many emotions. I'm still trying to process everything,” he said kissing my hand.
 
“Shelly's situation reminded me of the first day we kissed. Waking up that morning to find you completely unresponsive, you have no idea the affect that had on me. I panicked, I thought you were dead; I took you to Carlisle and laid you on his desk. I begged him to fix you. After days passed and then weeks I became more and more depressed thinking that I would never hear your voice or see your smile. It was torture to me. I have lived many years and I have been through a lot but nothing could have prepared me for the pain I experienced when I thought I had lost you.”
 
“I'm so sorry Nahuel. I didn't mean to cause you pain. You know that.”
 
“I know you didn't,” he said rubbing my arm. “Everyone was very supportive but no one was more supportive than Seth. He walked with me and talked with me sharing stories about you from the past. I think talking about you made us both feel like you were still with us. His stories were the only thing that kept me positive. I was very concerned about me and he put his feelings aside even though I knew he had to be hurting. I am glad I had this opportunity to return the favor.”
 
“I am glad you were there for him too, I didn't know that you and my brother were that close. I honestly didn't think the two of you interacted that much.”
 
“Seth and I talk plenty, I know more about you than you probably realize. I just tend to prefer your company more than anybody here.” He smiled.
 
“But it still seems that you prefer the Cullens over my pack” He sat thoughtfully again mulling over my statement I could always tell when Nahuel is thinking before he speaks because his eye movements accelerate.
 
“I am more familiar to their kind, but I wouldn't say that I prefer their company over anybody here.” He said finally moving to the bed he held me to his chest.
 
“Sleep!” Nahuel insisted.
 
“I feel like talking” Since Shelly seemed to be but of the woods my stress level had went down and apparently my energy level had went up momentarily, this whole conversation had me wondering what did Nahuel do while I was sleeping?
 
“About?” He asked, I wiggled out of his grip and sat in front of him and he sat up right as well.
 
“How can you honestly say that you don't prefer the Cullens? You seem to be with Edward all of the time.”
 
“Edward and I are from a similar time period, it is interesting to compare stories and opinions.”
 
“So he is your favorite.” I said smug and a little annoyed that is he one thing we would never have in common. Nahuel rolled his eyes never really responding to the statement.
 
“Jacob, Seth, and Emmett have be helping me loosen up a bit and use some proper slang for this era.” I laughed at his statement.
 
“Slang can't be proper Nahuel,” I said stretching out lying on my stomach, I couldn't decide whether I wanted to sleep or not.
 
“Well appropriate slang, is that a better term” I nodded and laughed.
 
“You know what's funny, part of me thought you were bringing me in here because you wanted to make out or something” I said turning on my back and eyeing him seductively.
 
“Kissing you always appeals to me” he said playing with on of the buttons on my shirt, “but honestly, my main reason for bringing you here was for you to rest” he said trying to hold me to his chest once more, “If you don't sleep now you'll sleep longer tomorrow and I will miss out on more time with you.”
 
“Oh so you were being selfish this really has nothing to do with me” I murmured against his chest and yawned, “or what I need.”
 
“I guess it could be viewed that way. What is it that you feel you need Leah?” He asked rubbing my back.
 
“Besides you, nothing” he smiled at my comment, “What?'
 
“Nothing it just that what you said was kind of corny” he laughed.
 
“Well you would know!”
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------
 
After I slept for a couple of hours I went back into Shelly's room and found Seth, Emmett, Rosalie, and Shelly playing cards. Shelly's color had returned she looked completely normal except her hair color now rivaled Ren's hair color, they could almost past as sisters now, and their was something different about her eyes.
 
“Hey Leah!” Shelly beamed, “Do you like the make over I can't believe Ren's blood darkened my hair weird huh.” She laughed.
 
“That's not the only thing that has changed” Rosalie whispered so low that Shelly couldn't hear, but I did and I shot her a look.
 
“So how do you feel?” I asked she looked at me and then back at her cards.
 
“I feel fine. I am happy to be alive, but pissed at what that jerk did to me” I saw anger brought red color to her face, however the transformation didn't stop there, her eyes turned from their normal emerald color to a brighter green that made her look like some kind of alien.
 
“Way to go Leah, we had finally gotten her to calm down.” Rose said glaring at me and giving me a look of warning at the same time. She took her hand and placed it on Shelly's shoulder to comfort her, which was a shock to see because Rose was never that fond of Shelly or any human for that matter.
 
“I know, I have to keep my blood pressure down”; Shelly said looking at Rose.
 
“She doesn't know yet.” Emmett whispered to me, “We want Carlisle to see it before we say anything.”
 
“Oh Leah guess what?” Shelly said with her normal exuberance.
 
“What?”
 
“I'm strong now, I feel like I could move a car and wouldn't break a sweat”” she said flexing her muscles.
 
“Carlisle said that may only be temporary,” Seth reminded her.
 
“You are just scared that I maybe stronger than you!” She laughed punching him.
 
“Oww!” he smiled back but he was actually rubbing his arm like it hurt.
 
“How much longer will she be hooked up to all of this?”
 
“Probably until Carlisle comes back home and checks her out, she seems to be fine.” Rose said studying the monitor.
 
“Good” Shelly said repositioning her cards, “because I have some business to finish”.
 
“Shelly if you go to prison how are you going to plan my wedding?”
 
“How do you know planning the wedding isn't what I am talking about?” she answered her tone was rougher than usually which confirmed the fact I was right.
 
“Because I know you.”
 
“Well what if I just break a bone or two, I deserve to be able to do at least that much.”
 
“It's not necessary the situation has been handled.”
 
“Look, I know you feel like you handled it and I thank you for your efforts, but I owe him, not you.” I could tell she was getting upset so I nodded and let the conversation drop.
 
“So where's you love muffin he didn't want to visit me?” Shelly said making her own attempts to lighten the mood.
 
“Hunting with Edward and Jasper, its apparently an all day thing” I hated the fact that Edward was planning to keep him out all day. From what I could tell Nahuel didn't drink that much, if he went alone he would probably stay out two hours at the most the he would come back to me. I wondered why they always made the even a group thing?
 
“I'm surprised you didn't go with them Emmett, since you have such a big appetite”
 
“I plan to do a lot of hunting on our upcoming trip. No need to overdo things now.”
 
“You two are going on a trip nobody told me” Rose then glared at Emmett apparently someone had opened their mouth when they weren't supposed to.
 
“No, Rose isn't going its Edward, Jasper, Jacob, Seth, Nahuel, and me. It's supposed to be a bachelor party thing, but Nahuel is hesitant, Edward's probably still trying to convince him now.”
 
“So when is this trip?” I huffed; I would try to control my temper until Edward was here so he could feel the full extent of my wrath.
 
“In two days. We will be staying overnight and back in the late afternoon, it's really no big deal sis. I almost backed out myself due to Shelly's situation and all, but she is doing so much better that I think she will be able to survive the day without me.” He ruffled her hair and she rolled her eyes.
 
“Uh huh” I still was not pleased. I had nothing to say to any of them. I couldn't believe they were trying to run off and have a bachelor's party when most of the planning for the wedding hadn't even been done. What the hell were they going to do anyway because I know they wouldn't dare have any strippers?
 
“It will be fine Leah no need to go through all of the dramatics,” Rose said studying my face.
 
“How far away are you planning to go?”
 
“Just a couple states over” Emmett mumbled.
 
“A couple of states! No I won't allow it!” Temper be damned the Cullens were crazy if they think I was just going to let Nahuel leave me like that.
 
“Leah calm down honey” Esme said placing her hand on my shoulder. “Absence makes the heart grow fonder this will be a good test for you both. Plus, Carlisle and I will be gone and you girls will have the house to yourselves, it could be like a big sleep over.” She squeezed me tightly in a very motherly hug.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------
 
The dreaded day had arrived Nahuel would be miles away he wouldn't be there for me to hold, touch, and kiss. I awakened to the slight thud of his duffel bag hitting the foot of the bed.
 
“Good morning” I said stretching.
 
“Good morning” he hesitated in his statement. Last night had been full of my pleas for him not to go and my tears begging him to stay, he tried to reassure me by telling me he didn't want to leave but he had made a promise.
 
“So are you still going?” I whispered watching him pack my heart was swollen in my chest like it had been battered and beaten. He nodded to my question continuing to fold his clothes and refusing to make eye contact with me. I crawled to the foot of the bed and pushed the bag onto the floor so that I was now directly in front of him and he had no choice but to look at me.
 
“What can I do?” I asked my eyes started to fill with tears.
 
“What do you mean?” He said making eye contact his eyes held nothing but dread and remorse.
 
“To make you stay” The tears started again. Nahuel made me feel so vulnerable as much as I wanted to put up a front and pretend that everything would be fine, I couldn't. I felt foolish for crying so much; logically I knew it was just a day.
 
“Leah” he said softly, he placed his hands at my waist, “haven't we gone over all of this? I don't know what else to say.” Nothing I said worked he picked up his bag and headed for the door desperation started to kick in.
 
“Wait!” I said blocking the doorway; I closed the door hoping it would make it a little harder for him to escape. “Aren't you going to kiss me goodbye?” I tried to look seductive, but it probably came off as pathetic due to the blood shot eyes and dark circles probably hanging underneath them. He sighed and frowned at me and pulled me toward him, his kiss was soft but I forced him to become passionate, he dropped his bag so that he could grab at my waist. I placed my hands under his shirt and he tried to say something but I pressed myself even more tightly to him, with every kiss and touch I begged him not to go. It seemed like things were going my way Nahuel had carried me over to the bed and I was just about to help him out of his shirt when we hear a faint knock on the door.
 
“Hey man, its time to go” Jacob said, “Sorry Leah, I promise to bring him back in one piece.”
 
They were smart to send Jacob they knew I wouldn't bark at him because he felt just as bad about going as I did about letting Nahuel go. Ren was none to pleased either, but was easily subdued when she was informed no strippers would be involved, or entertainment of the erotic persuasion as she called it.
 
Everyone else went downstairs to see them off, I didn't I stayed upstairs hoping Nahuel would change his mind run up the stairs and make love to me (it's a fantasy might as well go all the way). I watched as they loaded their luggage into Emmett's Jeep and then one by one they hopped inside. Nahuel was the last get in the jeep this was his last chance to change his mind, he shot a look up to the window and I mouthed to him please don't go and he mouthed back I will return I love you, and with that they were gone.