Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled: A Leah Clearwater Story ❯ Chapter 30 ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 30

The night before . . .

I was sitting in the living room with Emily, Ren, Maria, and Shelly.  They were all watching me as if I were going to explode, every now and then Alice would ask me a question about decorations and other planning matters. I really wasn’t as concerned about the wedding events I more so concern about the sanity of the four people sitting in front of me.  

“Okay, I give up, what are you staring at?”  I huffed, “haven’t you ever heard the saying don’t watch me, watch TV?  Well I mean it . . . literally.”  I grabbed the remote and starting flipping through the channels.  

“Leah!  You’ve got to be excited!”  Shelly sat beside me and squeezed me.  I stared blankly I was feeling many emotions but I honestly didn’t quite think that “excited” fit the category.  

“I’m actually kind of annoyed . . .” I murmured, then laughed I felt somewhat silly admitting that I felt the way I did before my wedding day.  They looked at me as if I had peed on myself or something.

“Okay . . . leave it to my cousin to be completely random,” Emily rolled her eyes, “on the night before my wedding I was excited and nervous . . . for the next night.”  All of the girls excluding Ren laughed.  It amazed me that she bring up her wedding to my ex tonight, I sighed and let the trivial statement roll off my back.

“The only reason I am annoyed is because I didn’t know I wouldn’t be able to sleep with Nahuel tonight.”  Ren smirked at my remark, “well, you know what I mean.”

“But those are the rules the groom can’t see the bride the night before the wedding.”  Shelly stated as if she was the official on all marital traditions.   

“Yeah true, but I just found out that I was getting married tomorrow like two seconds ago.”  For second, I paused and listened, I could hear Nahuel and some of the others upstairs talking, I wanted to know what they were talking about.  

“Just think about tomorrow night and that will get you through.”  Ren patted me on the shoulder a couple of times.   

“New topic please . . . no offense Leah, but thinking but thinking of my brother in that way . . . well it is pretty much disgusting.”  Maria said, I laughed but it did make me wonder about her.  

“What about you Maria, have you ever been in love?”  I asked changing the subject as she wished.  She looked as if someone had stabbed her in the heart.  

“Wrong topic.”  She smiled sadly, “We should really focus on the actual events of tomorrow, excluding the wedding night.”   

“Trust me Leah it is worth the few hours of discomfort.  Your wedding day will be beautiful Alice seems to be making sure of that.”  Emily smiled at me, and then seemed perplexed by something, “I do have one question if you don’t mind?”

Edward said, “Oh God” in the background it made me laugh because it fit what I was thinking at the moment.  

“Well spit it out, what’s the question?”  I said plopping my head on a pillow on the couch and placing my legs placing my legs in Ren’s lap.  

“Why were you so quick to sleep with Sam . . . Nahuel’s your imprint and you to haven’t done anything.”  She looked down at her pregnant belly, right now, that baby was her saving grace, how could she ask such a stupid question the day before my wedding.

“Have you ever asked Sam if we’ve had sex?”  I asked bluntly, she looked at me dumbfounded as if she had never thought to question him about it.  

“N . . . no . . . but you said you did.”  She frowned at me.  

“Yeah  . . . I lied a lot when I was younger.”  I shrugged it off, hoping that Emily would be smart enough to let the conversation drop, but from previous experience, I knew she wouldn’t be that smart.

“But . . . Leah” she started and I cut her off.  

“For the record, I didn’t lie to you . . . you asked the question and I simply smiled and you assumed.”  

“But why lie to me?  I am your cousin, you know, there was a time when you told me everything.”  She crossed her arms and huffed.  Every part of me wanted to lash out at her with the truth, the reason I “lied” to her was out of concern for my relationship.  I could tell the way Sam had begun to look at her.  I thought that by insinuating that I had a sexual relationship with Sam that she would do the right thing and back off . . . but of course, it didn’t work.  I didn’t want to add fuel to her fire for this conversation.  I closed my eyes and calmed myself . . . I inhaled and exhaled, deeply I noticed that Nahuel’s scent seemed extremely close for him not be in the room with me.

“Nahuel?”  I opened my eyes expecting him to see him in the room.  I scanned the room briefly and Ren looked at me as if she were concerned for my mental health.  

“Just answer her question Leah, and honestly please.”  His sad voice echoed from the hall.  My heard dropped into my gut.  I could feel the pain that he was now in over a stupid lie I had told years ago, when I was someone completely different.  I tried to get to him but Ren grabbed me and reminded me that I could not see him until tomorrow.  I tried to ignore my feeling to rush to his side and focus on his request.  

“She was not the only one I this lie to, in reality he was my first in a lot of ways, my first boyfriend, first love, my first dance, and my first kiss . . . and we were together for a long, long time I figured that eventually the lie would become true.”  I didn’t know whether to continue but he asked for honesty and that’s what I gave.  

“And that’s what you still want.”  He said with his voice cold, I hated that he didn’t pose his statement as a question, it was as if he thought that the simple mention of Sam’s name would make me jump over six years into the past and fall into Sam’s arms.

“I wanted him emphasis on the e-d.  I don’t know how many times I will have to remind you” I walked to the wall I knew he was hiding behind, “I love you Nahuel, I do, and I will never stop.”  

“And that’s why you two are getting married tomorrow” Maria said sneaking up behind me, “Now go away brother.” She said playfully, “there will be plenty of time for her to tell you how much she loves you tomorrow.”  She pulled me by my arm away from the wall.  

“Emily, I mean this in the nicest way possible.”  Ren said staring Emily down, “Don’t ruin this moment for her.”  Ren’s glare can be really scary if you aren’t used to it, I figured it was because of her brown eyes.  

“I didn’t mean to cause trouble . . . I just wondered” she murmured.  I looked around at the girls surrounding me, they all had been here to support me, and now they all seemed angry or put off.  

“I know you didn’t mean any harm” I said hugging her, “and now you have your answer, you shouldn’t have to wonder anymore.”  Em smiled and I could see Ren roll her eyes in the reflection in the mirror, I never would have thought that a Cullen would be so protective of my feelings or jealous for my attention.   

“Hey Jasper!”  I yelled and it seemed he was instantly in the room.  

“You know, yelling isn’t necessary, I actually have pretty good hearing.”  He said sarcastically.   

“Sorry” I smiled at him because I needed him to do favor, “Since I will never be able to lighten the mood like you do, can you” I wiggled my fingers to illustrate my meaning.  

“For you Leah of course” he smiled and this wonderful feeling fell over me, everyone else seemed to be feeling the affects of his charm as well.


“No fair Uncle Jasper I was actually enjoying my discontentment thank you.”  Ren smirked.  

“Right” was all he said in response to her, he went to leave the room and I stopped him, “he is fine, he’ll see you at the alter.”

“I thought Edward was the mind reader.”  I put my hands on my hips in a playful manner.  

“Anyone could have seen that one coming” He nudged me and knocked me slightly off my center.  

“Well thanks . . . now I am transparent.”

“Pretty much.”  He went upstairs, “Night ladies.”  

The Day My Life Has Been Leading Up To

All of the fuss and chaos of the night accelerated into the morning, now not only Alice was running around, but Esme and Shelly had joined her, creating the fairytale experience in backyard and forest.  I affectionately called them her minions as they ran around doing pretty much anything she wanted them to.  Part of me wanted her to ask them to hop on one foot, rub their stomachs, and pat their heads at the same time just of my amusement of course.  

My mom and Maria were helping at first but I lost track of Maria, and my mom eventually came into my room with me.  

“Are you ready?”  She asked sitting on the side of the bed it reminded one how she used sit when she would read me stories when I was little.  

“Yeah.”  Simple answer was all that was necessary.  This had been what I had wanted since I had seen Nahuel so what on Earth would make me change my mind hours before I got what I wanted.

“I am so happy for you baby, I want you to remember today as one of the best days of your life, so soak up every minute of if okay?”  She hugged me; I could tell she had begun to cry because one of her tears touched my shoulder where she laid her head.  “God I didn’t think I would be here for this” Her tears continued to fall, I wasn’t used to my mom crying this way.  I mean I had seen her cry but I had never witnessed her sob, “Leah, I am going to miss you and Seth when we leave, I didn’t realize I was going to miss you two as much as I did.”

“But you have Charlie and little Bailey.”  I stayed in our embrace so I wouldn’t have to completely take her in, I finally understood why all of the movies and sitcoms made such a big deal about weddings, it truly seemed like it caused everyone I knew to become emotional basket cases.

“I know baby but one child does not replace another,” she gained some composure, “same goes for families for that matter,” she whipped the remaining evidence of her break down on the end of her sleeve.  “Being around you and your brother brings your father back to life . . . I hadn’t realized how much I missed him . . . until now,” she touched my face, “He would have been so proud of you today and in general for the young woman you have become.”

“God mom!”  Tears finally fell down my face; I had been trying so hard not to let her words get to me.  “I am not even dress for this thing and I am already shedding tears.”  We both laughed a little.  

“Speaking of getting dressed, I better go before Alice starts looking for me . . . she thinks I take forever getting dressed.”  She rolled her eyes and headed towards the door.

“Honestly to her you probably do.”  I went to open the door for her and Alice was there, already dressed holding both of our bags.

“I didn’t want to intrude on a moment” she invited herself into the room, “but she is right time is of the essence and you both need to get dressed.”

The Moment    

“So you ready to do this thing?”  Seth entered the room in his black tuxedo he looked very mature, I was dressed and staring at myself in the mirror, I could not get enough of this dress.  “Alice sent me to get you . . .  everyone’s lined up.”

“Okay, okay . . .”  I took one more look in the mirror, all the fuss everyone made over today even had me thinking that I would be a different woman after the ceremony.  I shook off the notion that saying “I do” would completely change my personality.    

“I can’t remember if I had thanked you for giving me away?”  I asked knowing that I hadn’t.  He led him to the back of the line right behind Ren, who was now smiling at me like a maniac.

“Honestly there is nobody else qualified . . . and you’re welcome.”  He nudged me and I grabbed his arm, “you look beautiful by the way, he’s gonna be blown away.”  I looked down and then looked toward Nahuel at the aisle.

“Wonder why he looks that way?”  I looked at Nahuel he looked stiff and petrified.  

“What way?”  I looked at Seth as if he were crazy, how could he not notice how weird Nahuel looked, “He always looks at you that way . . . he looks kinda constipated don’t he” he laughed, “don’t worry he’ll be okay once you are upfront.”  The wedding march started perfectly on cue, my heart hopped into my stomach.  

“I guess you better get me to the altar.”  I grabbed even tighter to his arm.  

“Yes ma’am” we started up the aisle, the pause-step-pause thing was so annoying, everyone was grinning in my face as I walked past them, the only one who seemed out of place was Marisol she sat in the middle row and glared at me with intent to kill.

“Don’t worry about her . . . look.”  He directed my attention to Rosalie who was watching Marisol like a hawk, ready to stop her if she tried anything stupid.  I finally approached the altar; Seth kissed my cheek and switched places with Nahuel who now smiled blissfully at me.  

“This day should be special to anyone who knows about our kind; today will be the first marital union between shape shifter and vampire.”  Carlisle paused at looked at both of us, “but it is much more than that, today two people that I care about very much and have come to consider family, will declare their love for one another and commit themselves to each other for the first time and for all time . . . Nahuel take Leah’s hands.”  He grabbed my hands and raised my left hand to his lips momentarily.  “Nahuel has chosen to recite his own vows.”  I looked at him and arched my brow, we never discussed this, I just assumed we would go through the basic scenario.

“Leah, you are the most beautiful mess I have ever met.  Loving you has not and will never be easy . . . but waking up with you by my side is something that I now cannot live without, and seeing you smile each day is something that my heart now requires.  I need you Leah, to fight with me, laugh with me and most importantly to love me the crazy way you do, I promise I will spend the rest of eternity doing the same . . . and with this ring.”  Jacob handed him the ring on cue he had obviously practiced the speech with him, “I keep this promise” he placed the ring on my finger, the smooth feel of it was perfect, it was made to reside on my finger.

“Okay Leah, will you repeat after me?”  Carlisle smiled his normal loving smile.

“Umm no actually I want to say something too,” I didn’t know what I was going to say but I did not want to leave everything all generic when our love was so much more than that.  “First, you didn’t tell me you were creating your own vows” I glared at him and he smirked, I thought about all of the mushy things he liked for me to say and none of them really felt right at the moment so I decided to wing it.  “Walking up the aisle to you I was thinking how crazy life is, how a person can think they know exactly how there life is going to go and be completely wrong, fate twisted itself around us and brought us together making my life a million times better than I ever could have thought it could be.  To be honest I had given up on anything like this for myself, and then you came along . . . and you loved me unlike anybody else had, I love you for that, simply put Nahuel you are the most beautiful, perfect man, and I feel so honored that you have chosen to love and marry me.”  Ren tapped me on the shoulder and handed me his ring, a very subtle way of saying wrap it up, “I love you” I slid the ring on his finger and kept my head down focusing on his hands, being so honest was always made me uncomfortable.

“With all that being said, Nahuel you may kiss you bride!”  Carlisle announced, Nahuel  dipped me down and kissed me, “Ladies and Gentleman I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Nahuel Cullen.”  I was now married to a Cullen (sort of) and I couldn’t be happier.  

Too Many Dances

Alice had moved all of the furniture in the living room area and created another beautiful atmosphere for the reception.  Everyone that could eat enjoyed the many platters of food Esme had prepared.  Everyone had begun conversing about today’s events.  I hadn’t realized before that they had invited some of the vampires that were in the clearing a few years back, they had also invited some others that I didn’t know.  Esme and Carlisle were now sitting with some of them in the corner of the living room.  I heard one of them mention our union as a tragedy draped in beautiful clothing; they were concerned that the Volturi would not approve of our marriage.  I went to storm over there and give them a piece of my mind, who cares about the stupid Volturi anyway.  Before I could make my way over to their little conversation Emmett and Jasper brought my husband back to me.  

“Hey Leah I want to see your face when you open my gift.”  Emmett handed me a fancy white gift bag, for some reason had sworn off gift-wrap, Jasper considers it dangerous.  I reached inside the bag and pulled out the jewelry box, inside was a golden choke collar that resembled a dog collar and just in case I didn’t get the joke it had a golden dog tag with my name on it.

“Wow, Emmett I am shocked it’s yet another joke about the shape shifter thing, I am sooo surprised.”  I rolled my eyes and laughed, “It is beautiful thank you.”  I hugged him briefly.  

“You haven’t seen what we gave him . . . show her.”  Emmett nudged Nahuel and he revealed a long golden chain.

“It is supposed to be a leash.”  Nahuel said looking at the confused look on my face, “but I told him I didn’t need it . . . I have my own.”  Within seconds, I was in his arms.  

“You said you wouldn’t . . .” I couldn’t help but smile at his possessiveness, but I was serious.

“I know, I know . . .” he whispered and the heat of his breath tickled my ear, “that was my last time . . . tomorrow I’ll stop.” he smiled seductively, and all of my thoughts went to inappropriate behavior, his fingers and played shoulder and traveled down my forearm.  Alice hadn’t had as much as time to put the wedding together so she didn’t have but a couple of CDs of our favorite music most of it was stuff I liked and thought was appropriate.  

“Should we dance?  I know you actually like this song.”  I pulled him toward the middle of the living room.  I buried my head in his shoulder and he rocked me back and forth.
“So was the wedding everything you thought it would be?”  He whispered in her ear and moved his hand along my back.  

“Actually it was nothing like the wedding I used to imagine for myself . . . but trust me it’s a good thing.”  If I had, the wedding I used to dream of I would have never met him and knowing him has made my life so much richer, I pressed myself closer to him and he kissed the top of my head.  

“Sorry about Emmett’s stupid gift.  I hope it didn’t upset you.”  He twirled me around once and pulled back into his arms.  

“Don’t be sorry, when I was ‘bitter Leah’ they used to give me worse gag gifts than that, like a personalized food bowl, a flea collar, you get the drift, at least I actually like the necklace.”  He shook quietly from laughter, “What I can’t like his gift?”  I looked at his face, his expression went from jovial to enraged in a matter of three seconds, and his gentle touch turned possessive.  

“Wha” I turned to see what had frustrated him, Sam and Emily were standing behind me.  

“May I dance with the beautiful bride?”  Sam smiled at me; I looked back at Nahuel to see if he would be okay with this, he continued to frown and then took in a deep breath.  

“Only if Mrs. Uley doesn’t mind honoring me with a dance?”  Nahuel’s normal brand of charm worked on Emily, she blushed and giggled, and I was extremely annoyed.  I would have to get better with seeing him with other women.  

“Leah,” Sam said still holding his hand out waiting for me to take it.  

“Sorry,” I took his hand and he placed my hand on his shoulder.  I disconnected myself from the situation; he placed his hands on my waist.

“You know this could have been for us . . . this could have been our moment.”  I looked down trying to think of the perfect way to avoid dealing with this situation.  

“Hmmm . . . that’s pretty inappropriate to say.”  I decided to be honest and pull away from him.  

“Okay, I am sorry . . . but I was always curious what you like in your wedding dress, now I will never have to wonder.”  He rubbed his thumbs along my sides.  

“Dude you gotta let go.”  I pulled away from him; he grabbed my arm keeping me in our embrace.  

“I know it’s . . . I’m trying okay.”  He grabbed my hands and smiled at them, “I can’t believe you married a leech” he shook his head.

“Shaddup.”  I hugged him, “As long as you understand that I love that leech and I will not leave him, then we are okay.”  He smirked arrogantly, which normally would lead me to believe that he was up to something, but now I couldn’t see what it would matter.  

“Oh I understand” He dipped me, “I love ya Leelee I hope he is everything you think he is.”  He kissed my right hand.  He released my hand and walked toward Emily who was no longer dancing with Nahuel, however Marisol had taken her place.

“Perfect time to get something to drink” I went to walk toward the table where the champagne was located.  

“Hello Leah, I was wondering if you could spare a dance for you new brother.”  Edward extended his hand.  

“Sure Eddie let’s cut a rug,” I took his hand, “today has been more than random.”  A few years ago, I would have laughed in anyone’s face if they had said that I would share a dance with Edward Cullen yet here I am.  

“Random in a good way I hope?”  He moved so smoothly he held me in an old-fashioned dancing position that made me feel like a princess.  

“As if you don’t know?”  I murmured not trying to be a smart ass; this time anyway, it was just a fact.  

“Not today . . . Bella’s gift to you, you, and Nahuel are under her shield, I see and hear nothing from you.”

“Well that was nice of her.”  He simply smiled at my statement.  

“I however am about to top that gift.”  I glanced over Edward’s shoulder; Marisol was still hording Nahuel’s time.  I sighed my patience was running thin but I was determined that nothing would bring down today.  

“How can you top the gift of privacy?”  Laughing at the impossibility of his mission, I have always found his “gift” annoying on those that it was used on, so to have a day where I have been absolved of his unintentional eavesdropping I was more than elated.  

“I plan on giving you knowledge about your new husband, giving you insights on some of the things he thinks about.” He looked as I did in Nahuel’s direction, “you know you want to know.”  

“Yeah, I’ll admit that . . . but I really shouldn’t invade his thoughts.”  I continued to mull over his proposal.  

“Wow that is quite mature behavior on your part . . . most people would jump on the opportunity to know without any doubt what their love is thinking.”  The song ended and he went to step away from me.

“Hey don’t think you’re getting out of giving us a gift that easily.”  I followed him off the dance floor and finally grabbed something to drink.  

“I didn’t  . . . I offered Nahuel the same thing and he took the opportunity and used it to his advantage.”  Edward gave one of those slow half grins that made Bella go stupid in the head.  

“Really what did he want to know that he doesn’t know already?”  I played with the rim of my glass forming all kinds of possible questions he could have asked.  

“Is that the question you want an answer to?”  He looked over in Nahuel’s direction once more, Maria was now switching places with Marisol, I was grateful to her, she was probably the only person that Marisol would concede to.  

“You are determined to tell me what he is thinking aren’t you?” I scoffed.

“You asked the question young one, I was simply questioning whether or not it was rhetorical.”  He sat down at the table and I sat with him, I noticed that the fortuneteller that I had seen the day of my bachelorette party.  “What’s wrong, do you know her?” he stared at me as if he were trying to lift thoughts from my brain, “the shield makes me feel handicapped.” He sighed.  

“You’re not handicapped, you’re normal or as normal as you can be.” I took a sip of the drink and spotted Elvria again this time she was speaking with Shelly.

“Yes, well back to your initial question, Nahuel wanted to know more about your past . . . about Sam and a few other things, I’d rather not mention.”  He took my cup and smelled its containments; his nose scrunched up and handed it back to me.

“We are going to have to be better at trusting each other” I groaned, Sam truly did mean nothing to me, being with him was like a hazy memory that I could barely remember only the pictures and the stories told kept what little feelings that were left alive.

“Trust takes time, you two will be fine,” Edward got up, “congratulations again.”

“Thanks,” The song that was playing ended and Maria released my husband into my custody.  

“He’s all yours.”  Maria kissed my cheek; it was always a little weird when she was close to me, mainly because she looked exactly like Marisol, it always made me flinch.  

“She is truly happy for us.” He wrapped his arm around my waist.  
“Well at least one of them is.”  I grumbled and smoothed the fabric on my dress.  Part of me wished that Marisol would get over her freaking obsession and move on, if she would let go of her bitterness a man would have no choice but to be attracted to her.  I watched the way Embry was now drooling over her even though she scowling.

“Hey,” Nahuel directed my focus back to him, “don’t worry about Marisol . . . don’t worry about anything today.  The only thing you should focus on is me.”  He smiled and kissed me, his kiss was so soft, gentle, and loving, that I got lost in it I placed both my hands on his face, not to necessarily to add any sort of passion to the moment, but simply to add the feel of his beautiful face to the memory of the day.

“Not to interrupt, but we have some unfinished business to attend to,” Alice pushed us in the direction of our seats, “sit.”  I hated when she used one-word commands.  “Okay, now we have a toast from our maid of honor.”  Ren made her way in front of the crowd and stood with her cup.

“Well . . . everyone raise your glasses, for my toast to Leah and Nahuel, first I want to thank Nahuel for coming into the Leah’s life.  You two are a beautiful couple and I hope that I experience a happily ever after as beautiful as yours, very, very soon.” She glared in the direction of Jacob and he looked behind him like he didn’t know what he was talking about.  I kind of felt bad for Jacob because I knew that Ren had to be on his case about getting married now.  He got up, stood beside her, and gave his speech.  

“I just want to say I am truly happy for the both of you.  I am glad that Leah is no longer sour in anyway shape or form, and that Nahuel is no longer scared that he is going to kill her.  Imprint or no the two of you seem to be made for each.”  He raised his glass, “To Leah and Nahuel”

After the toast, we cut the cake and it was obviously the first time Nahuel had tried such a thing because he hated it, the poor guy tried to shallow it down but ended up spitting the rest of it into a napkin.  “That was . . . interesting,” was all he could manage to say between gagging.   

“So was the cake good?” I laughed I went to take another bit of cake and he stopped me.  

“Please don’t,” he grabbed my fork, “ it will make you mouth taste like that horrible stuff” he glared at the cake and I burst out laughing.  He grabbed my waist and pushed me from the cake table.  

“Okay everyone there is one more activity and then we will call it a wrap.”  Alice took me away from Nahuel and directed me to a chair in the middle of the floor.  Nahuel kneeled in front of me.  

“I was actually looking forward to this activity” he extended my right leg and kissed my ankle.  He slowly let his fingers trial my leg under they reached the guarder, I to grip the edge of my seat to reframe from wiggling my leg back and forth.  All of the single guys lined up for Nahuel to throw the guarder.  Embry and Quil nudged Jacob up to the front of the line when Nahuel threw it I saw him glance into a mirror he navigated that thing with his mind and made it land on Jacob’s head.

“Excellent” Ren said sitting in the seat beside me, “Phase one of my mission is complete . . . just throw the bouquet in the middle Leah.”  She patted me on the back and then Nahuel came over to where I was sitting.

“You maneuvered that didn’t you?” I whispered to him as I pulled on his tie.  

“Only as a favor to your friend, now do as she says and aim for the middle.” I got up and he grabbed my hand, “and if you’re a little off, don’t worry I’ll guide you.” He smiled up at me and his teak eyes looked golden.  

“and that is exactly why I married you.”  I leaned down a kissed him.

The rest off the evening went on normally; Nahuel and I laughed and joked with most of our guests.  When Carlisle said that he was going to direct his guests out most of the Cullens went with him, and most of the pack stayed with us talking about the past, until Ren’s cell phone went off.  “Oh, we have to go!” Ren said looking shocked at her phone like she received some critical message, she slapped Jacob’s shoulder, “Come on!  All of you!”  They all filed out the door clueless as to where they were going, Ren looked like she was a dog herding sheep, and she exited the door last.  “If you couldn’t tell what I’m doing . . .,”she whispered.  

“I know exactly what you are doing . . . thank you.”  I grabbed her hand and went to let it go but she squeezed me.  

“Promise you’ll do the same for me” she grinned at me childishly.  I rolled my eyes and pushed her out the door.  

“Seeya later. . . waaaay later.”  I closed the door, and silent immediately hit the whole house we were alone it was just him and me.

What Happens After Dark      

“So husband, what do you want to do now that we are all alone?” I turned to him and he was already on his way up the stairs.  “Nahuel, wait I didn’t know you were in such I hurry!” I made it to my room following my new husband only to find that he wasn’t there.

“Sorry I had to trick you but I needed alone.” Elvria said as she appeared from out of my bathroom, “illusion spell.” She shrugged she went to grab my hands and I pulled away.  

“Whoa, where the hell is my husband?” I growled at her.  I had promised myself I would not phase today but she picked the wrong time to do her little witchcraft and hijack my husband.  

“He is safe I promise, but seriously things are not unfolding for you like I thought they would, I need to know if anything I predicted has changed.”  She grabbed my hands quickly, and just as before her eyes began to glow.  After she had finished reading my palms, she sat on the bed in a dazed state, “I can’t tell whether all the separations are over, I assumed that they would be all physical separation but I see that there was a time when the two of you were at odds, that could in a way be considered an separation.  Another concern is the fact that Joham is still alive nothing really is making any sense”  

“Okay” I said still agitated by her presence, “saying that was so important that you needed to interrupt my wedding night.”  I walked to the door opening it hoping she would get the idea.  

“That’s not all Leah, I keep having this vision of you are screaming for Nahuel and reaching for him, only I can never see where he is or what has happened.”  She stared at my face, “in the vision you eyes are darker, and your hair is longer . . . you seem to be human, you can’t protect him, and I am concerned that one or both of you will not survive.”

“But that can’t be possible . . .” Now that I had married Nahuel there was no way I would let myself become human I would stay with him throughout eternity.  

“I know that’s what I thought but it is what I keep seeing,” she stood and went to make her exit, “the future is always changing, hopefully it will change again.  I don’t mean to alarm you I honestly don’t think you are in any immediate danger I was just hoping that reading your future would give more insight, but I didn’t see anything that I hadn’t seen previously.  So don’t worry . . . oh, I almost forgot your wedding gift, Alice said that you would really like what I am about to give you, enjoy it even if it is only for one night.”  She closed my door and exited the room.  

“Wait you crazy witch what about Nahuel!” I opened the door and it was as if I entered a completely different house.  It was actually more like a cabin, I was standing in this beautiful room filled with rose pedals all over everything, I was dumbfounded.  “What the hell . . .” I whispered as I walked around the couch letting my fingers play on the fabric.

“Leah, thank God I was beginning to think I had lost my mind!” Nahuel ran to me and hugged me franticly.  “One minute I was saying goodbye to Jacob and the rest, then I was here, alone and get this every time I tried to go outside or to an different room I would end up right here. . . crazy!” he sat down distraught over what happened.  

“Nahuel relax, this is just some kind of weird spell Elvria has us in, I told you she was a witch.” I rubbed his shoulders and back trying to relax him, “actually it is her gift to us, and it’s actually quite beautiful once you get over the initial shock of everything.” He looked up at our surroundings as if it was the first time he noticed what the room looked like.  

“I suppose,” he shrugged and then looked at me, “Leah, what on Earth are you wearing?” he laughed.  I looked down and that noticed small mauve colored teddy that I was wearing that came with equip with supper slutty high heels to match.  

“That little . . .” I murmured under my breath, normally I would have noticed being half-naked a lot sooner if it hadn’t been for the sheer randomness of this whole ordeal.   

“Well I definitely appreciate this part of the gift.” He took his finger and ran it from the top of my thigh all the way down to the tip of the of my shoes, he raised my foot to his mouth and kissed the top of my foot, “you taste delicious.” He looked up to me and smiled.  

“Weren’t you just telling me the other day that I tasted horrible?” I teased him playfully; I moved my foot away from him and repositioned myself so I could unbutton his shirt.

“Leah,” he said putting his hand over mine, “I want to remember everything about to night.” He scooped me up and placed me on the rug in front of the fireplace, “Every kiss, touch, and moan.”  He whispered in my ear as he undid the back of my lingerie, the sound of his voice in my ear and the feel of his breath against my skin sent a electrifying chill down my spine.  His lips danced on my shoulder and he removed the top half of my teddy.  He sat me up on his lap and stared at me letting his fingers trace patterns all over my body, while he did this I finished my previous objective of taking his shirt off.  He laid on his back and allowed me to do what I wanted to him.  I kissed him along his chest, but that was not enough his I need to taste him, all of him. “That feels . . .” I could feel his body jerk underneath me, he grabbed my thighs and moved me onto his stomach, I could hear as he unzipped his pants.  He grabbed me once more and laid me on my back, and removed my last article of clothing.  He kissed me passionately as he entered me, the intense pressure and feel of him, caused me to moan so loudly that I couldn’t recognize my on voice.  

“Are you okay?” he moaned deeply into my ear, all I could manage to do is nod, “Leah, oh God I love you so much.” He started to move back and forth, he moved slowly and every now and then, he would move my hair and watch my face.  The longer we were embraced the faster his motion became; he moved his grip from my waist to my behind.  My heartbeat became erratic and couldn’t control my breath.

“Oh God Nahuel, Oh God!”  I dug my nails into his back, “I can’t breathe!” My toes curled and I experienced the most awesome sensation.  He kissed me once more and moved from on top of me, he held me close to his chest; I listened to our heartbeats as they slowed to a more normal pace.

“Sleep Leah, you’re going to need you strength . . . tonight is going to be a long night.”  















  

 






< br>






        

   







< br>