Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled: A Leah Clearwater Story ❯ Chapter 29 ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 29

The next morning I woke up with my sheets sprawled all over the place and my hair was a wreck.  I lifted my head from Nahuel’s stomach and smiled at him.  “Good morning”

“Good afternoon,” he corrected me, “Last night was more than interesting to say the least, I am exhausted.”  He stretched yet made no movement to exit the bed.  

“What was so interesting about it, we didn’t do anything did we?”  I asked horrified if we did, I certainly didn’t remember it, and that was something I wanted to remember.  All that I could remember now that I thought about it was crying, and him holding me in his arms.  

“You tried . . . a lot” he laughed and put his hands behind his head, “I was actually proud of myself for resisted your all to forward attacks.”  

“I attacked you?”  I smirked at the thought of me forcing him down and taking advantage of him, it seemed like something I would do, I just wished I could remember I racked my brain for pieces of the memories and traced the muscles on his chest.  

“You don’t remember?” He rose to his elbows and stared at me.  I shook my head.  “Well allow me to enlighten you.  Last night you were amazingly aggressive in your sleep it took all of 10 minutes for me to realize that you were acting subconsciously.  You touched me in places that  . . .”  

“Okay, okay I get it.”  I huffed and moved of his chest and left the bed, I was smart enough to know what he was talking about, but I still couldn’t remember anything.  I walked toward the bathroom to get rid of my morning breath still puzzled by the missing pieces in my head from last night.   

“Are you finally going to put some clothes,” he said looking surprised, “I may actually applaud you.”

“Just for that . . .” I said untied my robe, turned my back to him, and let the fabric lower to the small of my back.  I laughed quietly knowing that my acts to seduce him would cause him more frustration that they caused me.  

“You wake up in the morning and decided to torture me this way.” His voiced was now in low, deep, and my ear, he moved his nose along my collar as he let his fingertips play at my spine, he let out his usually sigh of frustration.  “Please clothe yourself?”  He groaned pathetically knowing that his attempts were hopeless.   

“You know technically I already consider you my husband, one little slip wouldn’t hurt.” I took his hand from my back, placed it on my bare stomach, and slowly allowed him to travel up to my chest.  

“I shouldn’t . . .,” he groaned and clenched his hand into a fist.  

“I won’t force you,” I said, “but you know you really, really want to.” I laughed at how tightly he was holding his fist, his fingernails were digging into the flesh of his hand trying to resist.  

“You know what I want?” he said turning me around fast, I went to answer him, when he connected his lips with mine.  He wrapped his arms around me; I raised my arms and wrapped them around him allowing the robe I was half wearing to fall to the ground.  When he realized what had happened he abruptly stopped kissing me.  He glanced shortly at my body.  He pressed his lips upon mine once more, he lifted me and carried me back to the bed, he removed his shirt, and he lay on top of me.  

“I love you so much Leah” he took his pointer and traced the side of my face.  His face seemed serious, solemn, and decided, this was our moment, the one that I would never forget.    

“I know . . .,” I said letting my fingers become lost in the trail of his sides.  He frowned at my response; he took his pointer finger and placed it under my chin.  “You know I love you.”  He smirked he kissed me again, and then we heard a knock on the door.

“You two awake?”  Esme asked probably knowing only too well the answer.  

“Yes Esme one moment please.” We both rushed to find clothing.

“No need to rush, just meet us all in the living room when you’re ready” We heard as she walked away from the door and we both laughed.  

“This close” showing the amount of space between my two fingers I was disappointed and didn’t care how much it showed on my face, he laughed and put of his shirt.

“It was for the best.” He sat on the foot of the bed as I threw some jeans on.  He seemed satisfied to have a reprieve from our episode and a second chance at maintaining my virtue.  

“So you say.”  I scoffed, June was still months away, I was not going to make it; I would go crazy long before then.  

“I do say . . . and I also say that I am a lucky man, and I will be the luckiest man alive on our wedding night.”  He grabbed my hand and led me out of the room and I rolled my eyes.



When we came down stairs, everyone was in the living room, and I mean everyone was in the living room, Sam and his whole pack was there, my mom, Charlie, Nahuel’s sisters, and most of the Cullens.  We went and sat on the couch beside Ren and Jacob.  Jacob was talking, more like arguing with Sam, and Ren was sitting beside him staring straight ahead as if she were bored.  When she saw us her eyes brightened, and Sam and Jacob’s conversation came to a screeching halt.  

“Good to see among the land of the living Nate Dog” Jacob shoved Nahuel in the shoulder, Nahuel only smiled at his remark but did not respond.

“Nate Dog?” I laughed, “Who the heck is Nate Dog?”.  

“It’s a long story . . .” Nahuel said and gave Jacob a look, as if he wished he hadn’t had brought it up.  

“When we played a video game and we had to pick nicknames, there is no nickname for Nahuel so we made one up.” Jacob said bluntly.  

“But Nate Dog, seriously, isn’t that a rapper?” I laughed as I imagined Nahuel rapping in a music video, “so random” I whispered.  

“I don’t know you’d have to ask Seth he came up with it.”  Nahuel and Jacob both laughed.  I looked at Seth, he pretended he hadn’t heard anything we had said and tried to continue his conversation with Embry and Quil.  Jacob went to cut on the t.v.  Then Huilen, Esme, and Carlisle came into the living room and stood in front of all of us.  

“There is something things that need to be discussed, since we are all living under the same roof everything should be out on the table there should be no secrets.” Carlisle said.  

“Secrets?  What do you mean secrets?”  My mom said bouncing Bailey in her arms.  

“He means that we talk about why or more appropriately how Joham got to us this time, and what we are all here.”  Huilen grumbled.  

“Can’t we just let it go?” I grumbled and everyone looked at me shocked.  “All that matters is that it happened and now it is over.”  I repositioned myself on the couch I leaned more toward Nahuel in a defensive sort of way I didn’t want him to be upset.

“I disagree.” Ren turned and whispered. “Nahuel needs to know, if it were reversed you would want to know.”  She was right but I didn’t care I could already feel the pain that he would feel, it would kill him to know that his two members of his family that he loved had betrayed him and not only that, now his youngest sister was dead.  I held the bridge of my nose preparing myself for the uproar.    

“I don’t want him upset.”  I countered, it was all I could muster to say I didn’t want to start a meaningless argument already knew that they had in there minds to tell him anyway, all an argument would cause is me to phase unnecessarily.  

“I am right here and now I really want to know.” He said looking back to Carlisle, “What happened?”  

“Marisol . . .” Esme said telling the girl to confess herself.  

“Oh, fine I helped Ana get into the house and again I will say I was trying to get Leah and not you . . . you really have no reason to be mad at me.” She said crossing her arms across her chest, I laughed at the look on Maria face she looked at her poor sister as if she had lost her mind.

“How could you be so dense?”  Nahuel glared at her.  “Bringing Ana into the equation was stupid, so very, very stupid.” He shook his head disappointed.  

“And you think what you are doing is the most intelligent thing in the world?” She scoffed and looked at him as if she were disgusted.  “Well at least we know that Ana will never bother us again?” She lowered her eyes but the rest of her expression was rather blank.  

“What are you talking about?” he gripped the edge of the sofa so hard that I could actually see the veins in his hands, which was a difficult thing to produce, being that he was half-undead and all. “WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?”  Tears formed in his eyes, which caused me to tear up too.  “Did you kill her?” he whispered to Marisol in a shaky voice, if he were a shape shifter he would have phased and killed Marisol by now.  

“No, that act goes to Joham.”  Bella said I could tell she was reliving watching the act her eyes held that same glare of disgust.  Nahuel looked briefly in Bella’s direction then his eyes dropped to the ground his whole world had been uprooted in the ongoings of one night.  I held on to his shoulders trying to bring him some comfort.       

“Please spare us pretending to be his saint, this whole thing is your fault!” Marisol yelled at me, I simply sighed knowing where this conversation was going to go I made no reply; however Nahuel didn’t take kindly to her words.

“You stand there and make weightless arguments when the truth remains that I could have been killed!  Leah could have been killed!”  he stood up and glared at her.

“Leah is NOT MY CONCERN!” She stood up and met his stare; I was shocked that she didn’t show the fear of him that she showed when they first arrived.  

“Excuse me what has my daughter done to you to make you feel that she deserves to be killed?” My mom questioned.  I groaned I really didn’t want her involved Marisol was obviously warped in the head and I didn’t want her on Marisol’s bad side.  My new sister fussed in my mother’s arms.

“Obviously I don’t care if she lives or dies, she is nothing to me.”  The way she spoke to my mother made my skin boil and hands shake, I was still trying to be controlled and kept my distance from her not wanting to take another family member away from Nahuel.  In the background I noticed the  Hulien and Esme’s faces full on concern.      

“Shut up!  You shut up!  You ungrateful little . . . you will not talk to my wife’s mother that way.” He hissed at her.  “Maybe I should give you a taste of what I have been through since you set this in motion; I should hit you in the head a few times and try to rip you away from the person you love most in this world.”

“Don’t you see, you’ve already done the latter, brother you are who I care for most in this world?  By coming here you not only changed your life, but mine to.” Tears now ran down her face.  “This is not where we belong, pretending to be something that we are not?”

“Marisol, we all need to have separate lives to have our own adventures, but we will always be connected.” He said touching her shoulder, “However, if you ever do something to jeopardize Leah’s well-being I will treat as if you are a stranger and handle you according.  Do you understand?”  He frowned at her.  

“Yes,” she said numbly, looking away from him unable to meet his stare this time.  She said what was necessary to please him but I could tell she still did not agree with him.

“Now will you apologize to Leah and her mother?” he said taking his seat beside me.  

“That’s not necessary Nahuel, your sister and me have an understanding.” I said numbly I pinched the bridge of my nose after such a wonderful morning this meeting was ruining my mood; Ren rubbed my back and tried to keep me calm.  

“Speak for yourself honey, I want my apology.”  My mom scoffed.  

“I am sorry.”  Marisol murmured.  My mom just glared at her and continued to bounce the baby.

“Thank you.” My mom said coolly and Charlie reached for the baby.  Nahuel returned to his seat beside me, I placed my hand on his back, he was shaking, I placed my chin on his shoulder, there was nothing I could say to alleviate his pain all I could do was stay there.  Emily struggled to get up and Sam went to assist her.  

“Hold on one second Emily, we have one more thing to discuss.”  Esme said, “I wanted to discuss Sam’s pack reappearance in our lives.  I have struck a deal with Sam he agreed that he and his pack would fight this fight with us if we return to Forks once more in his or more appropriately Emily’s lifetime, I have spoken to some of my family about this, but I wanted everyone’s thoughts are on the table.”  

“I already told you I had no problem going back to visit my dad.” Bella smiled at Charlie.  

“I agree with Bella a short visit would be manageable.”  Edward said now standing by her side.  

“My main concern is returning to Forks so soon after just being there, we will be recognized, people will question why we haven’t aged.”  Rosalie said, Emmett and Jasper agreed with her statement.  

“Just tell them that you all have Dick Clark syndrome and they’ll get over it.” Embry laughed and everyone just stared at him, “Okay, tough crowd.” He murmured.

“Leah, what about you?” Esme asked.  

“Why?” I asked Sam, “Why do we need to go back to Forks?”

“Yeah Sam, why do you want Leah to come back to Forks?  Bringing the vampires back to Forks will cause more of the families on the reservation to have children that phase.” Emily frowned at him accusingly.  

“Thought you would like for Leah to come and visit you, you’re always talking about how you miss her.” He shrugged, “I made the deal for you.”  He countered.  

“How short is short?” Alice asked Sam.  

“A week maybe two at best.”  Sam looked at Emily as he said the words, “That’s not enough time to transform anybody.”  Emily just looked at him with her brow raised.

“Right . . . that’s not bad, matter of fact it would be interesting having Nahuel visit some of the places I used to hang out when I grew up.” I smiled a little in his direction he placed a similar expression on his face but he was not completely invested in the conversation anymore, I could tell his thoughts were elsewhere.    

“I would like to see where you grew up, I was in Forks once, but not long enough to really take anything in.” Nahuel said in a low tone trying his best to appease me.  I smiled at him and he replied with his version of the same; however, I knew the action was still empty.  While the others talked about what would be done to prevent Joham from attacking us again.  I watched as Nahuel dealt with the news about his sisters.  He was being torn apart inside and he was still trying to do the right thing and sit there and listen to what Carlisle had to say.  I stood up I didn’t know what I was going to do but I knew something had to be done to stop his pain.  

“Dude what are you doing?” Embry asked, everyone was now staring at me, even Nahuel was confused by my actions.  

“I don’t mean to be rude . . . Ren can give us the Spark Notes on this.” I offered Nahuel my hand, he took it, and we exited the house.  We got into my car and I cut on the engine.  “Where do you want to go?”  

“Umm, I don’t know this was your great idea remember?” he smirked at me.  

“Right . . .” I got on the road and just started driving; I just wanted to get us as far away from the craziness as possible.  He sat silently staring out of his window wearing the same frown I saw him with earlier.  After a good hour of driving I stopped in a parking lot of old run down store.  

“Is this where you were in such a rush to get to?” he arched his eyebrow at me.  

“I just felt like I needed to get you away from that house.” I still gripped the stirring wheel, “I don’t want you to feel any more hurt.” I looked at him and this time he genuinely smiled.

“I appreciate the sentiment, really I do, but I learned a long time ago that pain and hardship is and all too real part of life.”  He lowered his eyes and sighed.  We sat a few moments in silence.  

“But you have suffered so much, enough is enough.” He laughed and the noise tingled down my spine, even though I was confused at what he found funny.  

“Who are you to say when enough is enough?” he frowned at me, “We can’t control or predict the hand we are dealt in life, we can only suffer threw it.  I have lost people I care about before, even though it never really gets easier, the pain is familiar, I will recover.”

“I don’t want you to have to.”  I touched his face; he took my hand and kissed the palm of my hand.     

“My sister was so confused and wrapped up in my father’s mess that I shouldn’t really be surprised by the fate she was dealt.  Part of me always held out a little hope that she would change.”  He played mindlessly with my fingers.  

“I am so sorry.” I hugged him and his laughter shook us both, “ No Nahuel seriously, I know how it feels to lose a family member you have to be going through hell. What can I do to make the pain stop?”  I bust out laughing.  

“I am trying to make you see that I will be okay and seem to have your mind set on  babying me.” He rubbed my back, “I can think of something that may numb the pain at least momentarily.”  

“Nahuel is that really what you want to do right now?”  Even though I always love a good making out session with him, I thought he should take a few moments to mourn properly.  

“What are you talking about?”  He got of the car and within seconds he was at my door opening it for me, “Oh, that . . . however nice that sounds it wasn’t what I was talking about.”  He took my hand and yanked me out of the car.  We walked towards the store and within seconds, he was sitting on top of its roof. “Come sit with me?”  

“Yeah sure, just give me a sec and I fly right up there.” I glared at him, “Why do you always do the most random stuff?” I said as I backed up enough to a running start, got a good grasp on a hook on the store, and threw the rest of my body onto the roof of the store, I skinned my knee. “Oww!”

“Sorry” he said now sitting beside me.

“Why are you sorry you did do anything?”  He touched the spot where the scar was, as soon as he removed his hand it had disappeared.  He took his hand and licked the little bit of blood that was on it.  

“Well that a curiosity that was conquered . . . I love you Leah but you taste awful.” He turned his nose up and wiped his hand on his on his jeans.  

“Thanks, I guess?”  He laughed at me, took his pointer finger, and placed it under my chin to direct my eyes to his.  

“Well you know what I mean; you taste overly delicious in other ways.” He leaned in and kissed me.  After a while, he pulled away from me only enough to place his head on my chest. “As long as this heart is beating . . . I am okay.”  He closed his eyes and sighed.  We just sat there and I rubbed his back comforting him in the only way I know how.  I never knew that I would find such comfort just being with a man, words would have ruined this moment, nothing but silence wrapped around us.  

After a good couple hours of peace he finally raised his and stared into my eyes, “It’s time to go.” He stood up, walked to the edge of the roof, and then jumped.  “Come on Leah jump, I’ll catch you.”  He smiled playfully.  

“Is there a chance I would be able to fight you on this?” I stood on the edge of the roof.  

“What you don’t trust that I will catch you?” I he laughed extended his arms.  I glared at him and he arched his eyebrows.  

“Fine.”  I turned my back to him, let myself, and fall off the building.  Within seconds I was as if I was floating in mid air, Nahuel was staring up at me smiling, I wanted to squirm and tell him to put me down, but I was afraid that if I moved it would make it difficult for him to hold me and I would fall.

“Amazing, I never held someone in the air for this long, but here will be the difficult part.” He slowly lowered me into his arms, “Perfect.”  

“Good job” I said ecstatic that he hadn’t dropped and even more glad that I hadn’t broken my butt bone (even though I knew it would heal it still would hurt).  He carried me to the driver’s side of the car and opened the door.    


Once we made it back to the house, we were met in the front yard Ren, Emily, and Shelly.  “Hey what have you two been up to?” Ren said grinning and crossing her arms.  We just smiled and tried to walk past them.    

“Hold it, there is something that we have to talk to you about.” Shelly blocked our way, which was very bold considering what we could do to her; I did take in the fact that her hair was now ravenous ebony.  

“What is it, is someone hurt?” Nahuel whole disposition changed.  

“No it is just regarding the last thing that was discussed this morning.  Remember Leah you wanted the Spark Notes.” Ren said.

“Yeah, so what is it?” Now I was a little concerned.  

“Gosh, you are all acting like we are talking about something horrible, we are talking about celebrating.” Emily beamed, “Leah we voted and you are going to be married tomorrow isn’t it great!” She rubbed her belly as she spoke that small twinge of jealousy hit again.  I looked at Nahuel from the corner of my eye and thought what a wonderful caring dad he would have been.

“So all of you decided to this without even thinking to include us in the decision?” I frowned at her.  

“Leah you were supposed to be included but you both left kinda abruptly remember?” Ren reminded me.  I just raised my eyebrow at her.  “Leah think of it this way if you get married tomorrow morning guess what you will be doing tomorrow night?”

“So we can go away and have a honeymoon?” I asked sarcastically knowing that Carlisle wouldn’t let us go away.  The whole point of everyone being here was for them to protect us if we go away what sense would that make?

“Umm, no that would be postpone but you could still have you alone time.” She smirked, “I am sure you would fine a way.”  

“Yeah with all of you here, we’ll find a way to have alone time.”  I rolled my eyes.  

“Stop Leah,” Nahuel said touching my arm, “It really does make sense; members from both of our families are here and we don’t know how long they will be staying here with us.” He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.  

“Is this what you want?” He simply kissed my hand.  

“I guess it is settled tomorrow we’ll get married.”   
 













      


< br>

 

   


 
< br>













< br>