Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled: A Leah Clearwater Story ❯ Chapter 28 ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 28

“Separation?  What are you talking about?” she asked confused, “Never mind, I have a better question what do you think I am going to do to you?”

As she went to grab for me, all of a sudden Emmett whipped pass me pushing Ana against the wall.  He looked as if he was going to dismember her, but she had answers to questions I need resolved.  As Emmett went to open his mouth to bite her I stopped him.

“Wait, she knows where Nahuel is!” I yelled and tears rolled down my cheeks.  I went to walk towards them but Rosalie had grabbed my shoulders from behind me stopping me from interfering with Emmett’s attack.  I now noticed that not only Rosalie had entered the room but so had Esme, Carlisle, Ren, Jacob, and the rest of Nahuel’s family.  

“Where is he?” Hulien growled.  

“I owe you nothing you old crow!” Ana said between gasps, Emmett obviously hadn’t loosened his grip on her.  

“How could you help hurt your own brother!” Maria said disqusted.

“You all are losing focus on what’s important, we need to find out where Nahuel is.  Where the hell is he?” I grabbed Rosalie’s hands and tried to remove them from my shoulders.

“What’s it to you?  From what I’ve seen you haven’t been very social towards him lately.” She said smirking confidently as if she knew she had some sort of upper hand.  

“How do you. . .” I started to question how she had so much inside information on the ongoing of this house but I decided against it, I summed it as a ploy to waste more time.  

“I guess we’ll have to detach limbs for each minute you waste not telling us Nahuel’s whereabouts!” Rosalie hissed, she could tell that I was starting to get upset my whole body had begun to shake.  I was trying not to phase while Rosalie had her hands on my shoulders for fear that in anger I might accidentally attack the wrong vampire.  

“If you dismember me you might as well pronounce Nahuel dead.  Even though your hands are wrapped around my neck.” She glared at Emmett, “I still hold the cards, besides even if you kill me you will still have a trader in your house, Marisol helped plan this whole thing.”

“I did no such thing you lying bitch.” Marisol was outraged by her sister’s statement but I wasn’t sure if she was insulted by the accusation or the betrayal on Ana’s part.  

“I will admit that I am a very intelligent being, however even I would need assistance figuring out a way to infiltrate a house full or vampires and God only knows what else.  Can you all imagine my surprise when my own holier than thou sister approached me with this opportunity.” She laughed, “I couldn’t have wished for a better plan.”

“This is only a distraction the longer we stand here talking about useless crap, the more Nahuel’s scent fades from the area.” I whined fear that I was actually losing him took over.  I felt light headed and dizzy, like I was disconnected from the whole situation.  Within seconds I hear Ana cry out in pain as Emmett quickly dislocated her shoulder and proceeded to pull it off.  

“Wait!  If Marisol admits to her part in this I will not only tell you where he is but I will take you directly to him!” The fear in her eyes faded slightly as she looked in Marisol’s direction, Marisol looked down and wouldn’t meet her sister’s stare.  

“She was supposed to take the dog, I figured if father got what he wanted everything could just go back to the way they were . . . I gave her some of my clothing so she would have my scent and snuck her into the house, she has been here for the past four hours.”  Now Marisol wouldn’t look at any of us as she spoke.  “Our brother was not part of the deal!”  She hissed at Ana.  

“Stupid, stupid Marisol, you seemed to forget that I have no allegiance to you, Father is the only one I answer to, the only one I care about.  Imagine how happy he will be to find out I captured his first born, his son!”  She went to smile at her accomplishment , when Emmett finished the process of ripping her arm off of her body.  Her blood now poured all over the floor, making all of the vampires in the room move towards her hungrily, fear had now set back in for Ana, she began to realize that she may not be alive much longer.
“I remind you all that if you kill me you will never find Nahuel!!”

“We’ll take our chances!” Maria said she was now at Emmett’s side assisting him holding her against the wall.  

“No we won’t , Tell us where he is!” I screamed.  

“We were supposed to meet on the other side of Clearwater mountain and then decide our next move.” She said surprisingly keeping her word.  

As soon as I heard the location I shoved away from Rose and freed myself.  I ran down the stairs and out the door.  Outside I found two large wolves acting as watch dogs, Paul and Quil paced back and forth and then stopped when they saw me, both looked in the same direction into the forest.  I phased immediately and started running in that direction.  

Leah, calm down we saw which way they went we are following them.  Embry thought sympathetically I also noticed that he saw the two ugly leeches as they dragged Nahuel unconscious body across the ground.   

Toward Clearwater mountain right?  I thought briefly of the time we all spent up there and felt nauseous we may never get the opportunity to do that again.
Nooooo.  They’ve actually past that spot.  Jacob showed the ground he had covered and where he thinks they are going, some old abandoned house in the middle of nowhere.  

What’s with this guy’s obsession with old creepy buildings?  I thought of the last location I had seen him in, it reminded me of one of those horror movies I had seen.  I think it was called Saw or something.

I remember that movie!  The guy that was suppose to be dead at the end of the movie really wasn’t he just got up and walked out creepy!  Embry thought, I was less than eager to play movie trivia with him.

Guys, do you smell that?  It was the smell of rust but sweeter it reminded me of, Oh my God its blood!  I ran even faster than I was before, I caught up to Jacob and Embry, and then passed them.  With each step I made closer to my destination, the stronger Nahuel’s scent became as so did the blood.    

Leah!  We should enter the house together! Embry’s thoughts were filled with possibilities of what could happen to me if I tried to go in alone.  The vision threw me so much that I tripped over a large piece of bark and twisted my back paw.  It gave not only Embry and Jacob time to catch up to me but all of the others except for Ren, Maria, and Marisol but I could see them in the distance.  I hated that I was detoured, daybreak was coming, which meant that I had to start the new day not knowing if Nahuel was safe or if he would ever be home again.  

“We will get to him,” Edward reassured me, “I can hear Joham’s thoughts clearly, they aren’t that far off.”  I kept trying to limp forward I didn’t want to stop completely, but Rosalie stood in front of me.  

“It will heal faster if you sit down for a moment” I sat down knowing that probably wouldn’t let me go any further.  Embry, Jacob, and Jasper kept going.

Thirty minutes I sat in pain and misery repeating all the ‘what ifs’ in my head.  

“They’ve stopped,” Edward announced, I watched as his eyes widen. “We need to move now!”  Edward started running and everyone followed him.  I was behind all of them because of the stupid sprain.  

Through Jacob’s thoughts I could see when they all encountered Joham and his revamped army, they were a lot bigger than his last group of henchmen.  Then, Jacob noticed something that shocked him; it was Nahuel his whole face was covered in blood, if I didn’t know him so well it would be hard to know it was him.  He was lying by a tree and looked as if he had been left for dead.  

When I finally reached them the fight had already started, but all the action was like blur around me.  I saw only one thing and that was Nahuel sitting there helplessly.  I had to get him, by any means necessary.  As I tried to approach Nahuel of course one of Joham’s henchmen came and got in my face, the guy looked as if he were missing something on the top level.  He did act like a vampire in regards to his speed and his stance, he reminded more of a zombie, kind of stiff and sluggish.  I grabbed his leg in between my teeth, threw him to the ground, and hovered over top of him.  I made quick work of decapitating him and then moved yet again towards Nahuel.  In my peripheral vision I watched the vampire I dismembered searching the ground, for his head I suppose.  I went through several others that way, same technique, it was strange for they all seemed to be stone dumb.  

I finally was able to make my way over to Nahuel, whines and whimpers escaped me.  I nudged his face with my nose and licked his face, under normal circumstances I would have found the blood disgusting but at the moment it seemed necessary I wanted to be able to see his face, I wanted see what Joham had done to him.  I wish more than anything my closeness would have made him wake up.  I hated seeing him so defenseless . . . so human.

Don’t worry about that now!  Jacob’s voice entered my thoughts and now realized that Joham was sneaking up behind me. I immediately turned in his direction, I growled at him letting him know that I would try my best to kill him if he crossed me.  His eyes did widen at the sight of me, but instead of being scared or stunned, he was studying me again.  

“It is very simple wolf, I will kill him and you will have no choice but to watch.” I looked around at the others and they were all detained fighting their own battles, it wasn’t that his army was very skilled in battle however they was an obscene amount of them.  He locked my paws into place so that I couldn’t move, he approached Nahuel, pulled his head back by his hair exposing his neck.  He placed his teeth strategically along one of the veins in his neck, “but maybe if you join me . . .I may be inclined to spare his life and never bother him again.” He looked at me inquisitively as if he expected me to answer.  I just stared at him no whines or whimpers, I stared at him wondering if he had lost his mind.  

“You would be a fabulous wife you would be my second in command.” He touched the top of my head and the rubbed behind my ears as if I were some family pet.

“Father, I am your second in command!”  Joham and I both looked in the direction of Ana’s voice she was being held in Bella’s custody she squirmed for her freedom but the loss of blood had made her less feisty.  She actually looked as if she could pass out if that were possible. “How could you give away what’s mine?”

“Silly, child what are you worth to me now?  Even if we fix your new handicap, you have proven that you cannot be trusted to handle the simplest tasks on your own, at least the wolf can fight.” He turned away from her and his eyes focused on Nahuel again.  

“But father, I love you, I have been nothing but loyal.” Tears now began to roll down her face.  He approached her once more and looked her dead in her tear filled eyes.  

“Ana” he placed his hands at either side of her face.  “You are of no use to me now, this saddens me too, I was quite fond of you, I shall put us both out of our misery.”  Within less than a second Ana had been pulled from Bella’s arms, beheaded, and then dismembered.  

Bella now looked at the pile in horror and then looked at Joham with disgust.  Knowing how much Bella loved Ren she probably couldn’t imagine the kind of mind frame Joham must have to be able to kill a daughter he raised and claimed to love so easily.  

“Something you wish to say?” Joham’s eyebrow raised when he asked this he now was in her personal space, a place that anyone with any common sense wouldn’t want to be.  Bella grabbed him by his neck and forced him to the ground.  As soon as Edward made his way to Joham and Bella, Joham pushed Edward back further than he had started.  He then saw fit to dig his teeth into her shoulder causing her to yell out in pain.  She eventually mustered the strength to shove him away and Alice appeared from God only knows where to assist her.    

It only took me a matter of seconds to refocus on the matter at hand, which was getting Nahuel home.  I went to look for him by the same tree he was before but he was no longer there.  I started to panic then I quickly calmed myself not wanting my behavior to draw Joham’s attention.  I scanned the area, I spotted Marisol, Maria, and Ren trying to carry him out of harms way.  Thank God Ren was with them because at this point, I feel his whole family can’t be trusted.  Soon Joham realized the escape they were trying to make, but what shocked me is that he made no extreme effort to get in their path.  He did however let them know he was aware of their presence.  

“My darling daughters how long has it been?” He said directing a small smile towards them.  

“Not long enough I’m afraid” Marisol said dryly.  

“I just wish to remind you both that this isn’t your fight, it would serve you better if you didn’t get involved.” His tone was very serious.  

“Correction Father, it would be better for you if we weren’t involved.” Maria said grabbing Marisol’s hand and shot a glance at the tree right behind Joham, and it exploded throwing bits and pieces of bark everywhere.  Then she glared at one of his men and he blew up just like the tree.  Joham took a cautious step back.  His mind seemed to be working over time thinking about something.  

“Enough!” he yelled, all of his men immediately stopped in the midst of their battle and gathered around him.  Emmett ran towards them but ran into thin air, Joham seemed to be able to put up some sort of shield that defended against physical attacks.  Maria and Marisol however stepped forward regardless of the shield.  Maria’s eyes seemed to be searching for something.  “Since you are my beloved daughters I will let you have you way . . . for now I will concede.”

“Smart move, I am truly impressed.” Marisol said condescendingly.  

“Until next time my lovelies.” He shot them both a look and then he looked at me, “Until next time, my dear.” A low growl of disgust crept up my throat.  

Joham’s army made a protective circle around Joham as they exited the area so none of us would attack him.  Once he left I immediately went over to where Ren was.  She was struggling to keep Nahuel upright.  I nudged her with my nose.  I knelt down so she could place him on my back his body was still warm and I could feel his heartbeat as he lay against me, all of these things brought me some form of comfort, but one thing didn’t, the blood gushing from his head that was now oozing all over my fur it seemed like it was just coming out too fast.  

“We need to get him home, as soon as possible.”  Carlisle said in a very low tone, “he will be fine. . . I believe that half vampires have to be killed just as we do.” He looked at my trying to disclaim my fears.  “Can you carry Ren too? Pressure need to be applied to his wound to stop the bleeding.” I nodded.  

We made it back home, daylight had come and gone, and we were into the next night.  I could not remember much of the walk home except that it was long, silent, and the drips of his blood continued to dye my fur.  

Once in front of the house I knelt down so that Ren could get down, Bella assisted her in maneuvering Nahuel.  I watched as they carried his limp body up the stairs.  I took two steps back I was seriously unnerved by every that had happened; I was still shaking.  

“It would be okay to run for a while, Joham needs time to figure out a new plan, he really was not planning on Marisol and Maria being on good terms after Marisol set this plan in motion.  Go ahead and get yourself together so you can be here when he wakes up.”   Edward said, he didn’t even look at me his concentration was focused on Nahuel’s injury.  I quickly took the opportunity to exit the area; I heard Rosalie and Ren question where I was going in the background.  Half of me had the urge to just stay and suffer quietly, but the selfish side of me had the need to sulk over what happen.  

I didn’t travel far just into the forest near our front yard.  I phased back into my human form and balled up on the ground naked.  Nahuel’s blood now covered my back, neck, and chest.  I placed my hand on my hand on my chest, and then stared at my hand now immersed in blood.  

“How dense could I be?” I whispered to nobody, I just shook my head repeatedly trying to grab sense of what had happened.  The only logical explanation or justification for all of the craziness my life had could be placed on the fact that, “Maybe we just aren’t meant to be.” I whispered with tears now streaming my face.  If we were meant to be wouldn’t the universe have made it a little easier, everything good that we had experienced was a struggle.  Shouldn’t something in my life use be easy and end happily?  Shouldn’t I be able to rely on something?  I had thought that Nahuel was supposed to be my everything, my reason for living, but today I realized that he could be broken and taken from me forever.  “This shouldn’t have even happened . . . I’ve been so stupid, I should have been there to protect him” I couldn’t stop crying, I raised my hand to face to wipe the tears, when the blood on my hand yet again reminded me that I was in hell.  “I guess I should be with him now . . .” I weighed the thought accessing if I was truly ready to see him in such a fragile state all over again.  I stood up and phased.  When I got to the house I made some noise to get someone’s attention.  

Ren met me in the yard with clothes, “I took you long enough.” I rolled my eyes at her statement; it honestly meant little to nothing to me at the moment.  I phased back behind a couple of bushes and then rejoined her.  

“How is he?” I said in a unusually calm voice, considering the fact that inside I felt like I was being torn in two.

“Stable . . . it’s like he is sleeping and he can’t wake up, all of the rapid eye movement proves that something is going on upstairs” she said tapping her head.  “From his facial expressions it looks like he is trapped in a nightmare, poor guy can’t catch a break.” I nodded, “Soooo are we going in the house or what?” Ren said taking notice of the fact that I hadn’t made the first step towards the house.  

“Yeah . . . of course.” I said walking inside the house and up the stairs.  I went to his room to find his one of his sisters sitting by his side.  I couldn’t be sure who it was because I would imagine that both were heartbroken by his injury and would wear the same expression.  However based on the little knowledge I had on his sisters I assumed it was Marisol for two reasons (1) she had as much reason to feel guilty about Nahuel’s condition as I did and (2) she had a freaky closeness to Nahuel that I couldn’t even begin to understand.  

I sat on the opposing side of the bed and held his hand; I rubbed my thumb across his knuckles, and “Sorry I am late.” I whispered to my shell of a fiancé, “I am . . . sorry for a lot of things.”

“I am sorry too.” His sister said through a voice filled with tears, “I am sorry that you came here!  Sorry that you took up with that dog!”  She said yelling at the unresponsive body, “How could you let this happen brother?  I never understood why you let our home anyway, we were all so happy.” She cried and placed her head on his chest.  

“I think it is time you give Leah and Nahuel their privacy.” Huilen said standing in the doorway.  

“I owe the dog nothing . . . this is her fault.” She hissed.  

“I’m okay with you blaming me, I am even okay with you hating me, personally I am not all that fond of you either, but if you want me dead, have the balls to do it yourself and not but your brother in danger, because if any harm comes to him and I find out your to blame I will hurt you.”  She frowned at me for moment and then looked away.  

“Can you honestly not see your fault in this?” she said after several minutes of silence.  

“Yes, I can.  Can you see yours?” her eyes widened as if she was insulted then she left the room.  

“I will be back to check on him” Was the last thing she said.  

“I’m sure you will.” I whispered.


Now that we were alone I took a good look at him.  I touched his scar that was starting to heal. “All that’s left is for you to wake up.”  I moved my hand down to his cheek something I had done several times before, he sighed deeply as he always did.  

“So you are in there aren’t you?” This made a tiny smile paint my face.  Knowing that there was a high probability that he was snapping out of it.  I crawled into his bed and lay my head on his chest. Since I had time, I practiced in my mind several ways I would apologize.  I looked up at his face once more checking for any changes I noticed that the scar seemed to have vanished even farther and also some of the length had grown back to his hair.  I touched his hair and brushed it away from his face.  It seemed as though he smirked in his sleep but then his brief smile vanished and a look of discomfort painted his face.  His mouth started to move but nothing he said was audible.  

On his fifth or six attempt, he finally spoke the words, more importantly the name on his mind.  “Eva” he groaned and repositioned in the bed taking his arm that I had placed around me away.  I just stared at him in shock.  Normally, I would have a fit.  

“Don’t go crazy Leah . . . he is just dreaming.” I whispered to myself as I slid out of his bed.  As I removed myself I caught a glimpse of myself in his mirror.  

“I still have his blood on me!” I thought I had wiped most of it off when I had phased back.  I left his room and went to shower.  The water hit me and ran from my head to my toes, I watched as the clear water turned pink and I became clean.  I stayed under the water much longer than I needed to.  Everything that had happened started to feel like a horrible dream.  I wrapped a towel around me and stepped into my room.  He was there, sitting on the foot of my bed staring at me.  

I didn’t know what to say at first, I’m sorry . . . I love you . . . I am an idiot.  I just shook my head and then clenched my towel, I was actually unnerved by his appearance in my room, a place he hadn’t been in a long time, and he just sat there and continued to stare peacefully and patiently as I unraveled my thoughts.  I stepped toward him stopping when I was less than a breath away from him. I touched the place where his now almost nonexistent scar was located, he flinched slightly and I quickly removed my hand and jumped back.  

“I don’t know what to say.” I spoke the words without meaning to.  

“Words aren’t always necessary.” He said patting his hand on the bed where he wanted me to sit, “I’ve missed you.” He grabbed my hand and held in his.

“I need to say something, if I don’t I’ll feel I have mistreated you . . . actually, I have already mistreated you, I am so sorry.” I unintentionally hung my head, “Trust does go both ways and I didn’t give you proper time to react.  If I had acted more sensibly maybe this whole incident wouldn’t have happened.”

“You can’t seriously be blaming yourself for Ana attacking me?”

“Not completely, but it is partially my fault.” I felt awful like I had been punched, but in a way felt I deserved the pain, I got up and paced the floor, “I don’t know.”

“No it’s not, not at all” Was all he said and shook his head and laughed.  “I am truly mystified by how you mind works.”

“Shut up” I said rejoining him on the bed. I nudged him and laughed a little.  He scooted closer to me and rubbed my back even though it was still wet.  He looked at me his expression went from happy to troubled.  

“What’s wrong?” I asked touching his head.  

“Nothing, really . . . but I do have a request.” He said moving his hand from my back.  

“Sure anything, what do you need?” I said way too quickly, he laughed at my eagerness to please him.  

“Could you . . . cover yourself a bit more, this look is a little too tempting for me.” He laughed nervously.

“Oookay, whatever you wish, sir.” I got up and I felt a slight pull in his direction.  I got up to change and I felt a slight pull in his direction. “No need for all of that, I’ll be back”  

“It was unintentional I assure you.” He laughed.  

“Right.” I went in the bathroom and threw my towel across the room and put on my robe.  I walked back to him, “Better?”  I asked twirling around.

“Not much.” He huffed.  “Is there anything underneath it?”

“Me.” I laughed and crawled into my bed.  He stayed at the foot of my bed he seemed hesitant about something or maybe it was just the way he was sitting with his hands clasped between his legs.  “Nahuel, you should rest some more you were knocked loopy a couple of times, I’m not fully convinced your 100%.” I pulled the covers back and invited him into my bed.  

“Is that the only reason you want me in your bed?” he smiled at me seductively.  

“Don’t make me tell you to shut up twice in one day.” I laughed.  

“I believe you just did.” He retorted.  He still remained at the foot of the bed.  “There is something I need from you, but it is would be so much better if I didn’t have to ask for it.” He rubbed his pants nervously.  

“What is it?” I asked confused.  

“I know its weird but I cannot explain.”  He frowned and then looked down.  

“So let me get this straight you know what you want, but you can’t tell me?”

“When you put it that way you make sound kind of stupid,” he laughed a little.

“You said it . . .” I murmured and laughed.  “Won’t you get in bed with me?” I asked seductively, I smiled trying to be warm and lure my fiancé into bed so I could make up with him properly.  

“Why? Can’t you rest just as well with me sitting here in the room with you?” He laughed inching a little closer to me.  

“I want you by my side okay?  Please?”  Oh, God I was begging him, how pathetic was I.  

“Why?” he said inching even closer towards me.  

“Oh I get it” I smiled seductively, “I know what you want, you want me to say the words.  I love you Nahuel, I miss you, I haven’t been able to sleep without you.  Are you happy now?”  I said as if I were confessing some kind of dirty secret.  

“Why is it so hard to get you to say it?” He said finally getting into the bed.  

“It’s not that it’s hard, you don’t want to know, its stupid really.” I shrugged.  

“I wouldn’t ask if I didn’t want to know.” He said placing on of the wet strands of hair behind my ear.  

“All that mushy talk, I did it with Sam, I told him I loved him everyday, I called him baby, sweetheart, I told him I would love him forever, and when we broke up all that was left was the painful memories of saying those things . . . saying I love you will lead to you saying you love me too and sometimes I don’t believe you love me like I love you.” I said all of this with my head down, I had never been so raw with him, I felt like a scared little girl.  

“You still doubt my love for you after all of this?” he seemed outraged and hurt.  

“I think you are confused by the imprinting, I don’t doubt you think you love me, I just don’t think you are over your first love . . . you still dream about her.”

“Yes that is true, I have nightmares and she is always the one who tortures me.  I have no love for that woman, I don’t know how to say it any clearer.” He growled.  

“Nightmares?  Really?” That never dawned on me as a possibility.  

“I love you Leah, and I could say it a million times, I never want to be without you.” He said forcing me to look into his eyes.  

“I have never felt anything so strong for anyone, you consume my every thought” Tears started to fall. “Oh God, I am crying again . . .I feel so Bella-like” I cried harder and he held me to his chest.  

“There are worse people to be like.”  I groaned and cried louder and he laughed.