Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled: A Leah Clearwater Story ❯ Chapter 27 ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 27

“Escape with me!” Ren whispered after shaking me until I woke from my sleep.  

“Wha- Ren, God I’m freaking tired!” I went to roll over.  “I was actually sleeping do you how hard that has been for me lately!” I growled.  

“I know, I know, but I have to get out of here . . . Leah please!” she pulled away my covers and tugged on my arm.

“Okay Ren, Damn!” I got up and threw on some sweats.  We both came down stairs and Rosalie was waiting for us.  

“You owe me big time young one.” She said to Ren tapping her foot to show her impatience with the situation.  The three of us traveled out to the edge front yard right before it becomes the forest.  We just stood there enjoying the piece and quiet.  It had been over a month since the arrival of Nahuel’s family and everyone has been missing there much needed privacy.  Seth practically had poor Shelly under lock and key when she wasn’t in school, he never left her alone with me.  

“They want you Leah.  It would be stupid for me to let her hang out with you; it would be like me allowing her to commit suicide.”

“Right, so that means that you have to be present for every conversation we have?”

“Pretty much!” he said with a satisfied smirk on his face.

“You do realize that that makes no sense don’t you?  I am and will always be stronger than you in any form.” I said placing my hands on my hips daring him to say else wise.

“Correction dear sis I was stronger than you before you became all venom infused.”   

“Venom or no, I am stronger, but on second thought I am probably not safer.” I had to concede the point that one of Joham’s people may confuse her for one of the Cullens or they just kill her because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.  

“Right because you are a target,” he said plopping his pointer finger on my nose.  He was trying to make light of the situation but I knew he was truly concerned for my safety.  At times he was just as if not more so protective over me than Nahuel was.   

With everyone having this overwhelming need to be so close to me, hanging out in the front yard was like a small vacation.  Ren stretched her arms out and spun around in circles.  Everyone was keeping a closer eye her also considering the fact that she was the easiest target for Joham.  

“Who knew it would feel so good standing in the front yard, no mom, no dad, just me!” she plopped down on the grass and closed her eyes in contentment.  

“You know they are just concerned for you safety.  Joham considers you an easy target so you are in just as much danger as Leah.  What we are doing right now isn’t the safest thing in the world but to be honest I am feeling a little claustrophobic myself.” Rose said sitting beside Ren.  

“At least you two aren’t under constant scrutiny by Nahuel’s family like I am, they make me feel like some sort of science project.” I remained standing because whether I stood or sat didn’t really matter I would still feel the same.  “Part of me wishes I would just get kidnapped again already so I could put this behind me.” I frowned.  

“I guess I can understand that, but since Alice says that the future is always changing we could be in the clear and Joham may never come back.”

“Wishful thinking!” I laughed darkly, “Either way it sucks, we lived confined to the house like prisoners or if he comes back I’ll be subjected to whatever the hell he has planned.”  This conversation was depressing e so I didn’t speak anymore.  Whenever I got into this kind of mood Ren started talking about the wedding to try to brighten my mood.  At first it would actually work but after the thirtieth time of its mention I became immune to its effect.  However I would smile at her so that she wouldn’t feel her attempts were in vain.  

----------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------
  
The next day Alice and Ren thought that it would be oodles of fun if I showed Marisol and Marisa my wedding dress.  So we all went to Alice’s room and she pulled my dress from her enormous closet.  

“Now try it on!” Alice ordered.  I did as she wished and they all stared at me.

“You’re a princess!” Maria squealed, “Can I try it on?”

“Umm, that would be a negative.” I raised my eyebrows at her weird request and then checked myself out in the mirror.  I had forgotten how good I felt in this dress, how beautiful it made me feel.  

“Well how about the bridesmaid dresses? Can I try one of their dresses?” As soon as Maria finished her statement I heard Ren growl something under her breath.  

“Here you can try on Bella’s dress because she won’t care.” Alice said handing Maria the dress bag.  She eagerly unzipped the bag and slid into the dress.  

“Look I’m a princess!” She said spinning around, “Can I be in your wedding Leah?” It is only fair after all I am the groom’s sister.”  

“You’ll have to ask Alice if she can come up with another dress, besides that I don’t care.” I shrugged.  

“That means she would need another grooms men too . . . let me think on it, I’ll see what I can do.”  Alice frowned at the new wrinkle in her plans.  

As excited, as Maria seemed to be about the wedding, Marisol seemed to hate it just as much.  I knew that she believed that Nahuel and I were getting married too soon but was that any reason to completely object to the whole thing all together.  

After I was released from playing ‘dress up’ I went down to the kitchen and put together an insanely delicious sandwich consisting of ham, turkey, crisp bacon, provolone and cheddar cheese all on rye, yum.  Just as I opened my mouth to take the first delectable bite Marisol approached me.

“Can we talk?” those three words were starting to get on my nerves.  What was this girl’s deal anyway, she had an insane ability for coming up to me at the worse times.  

“What’s on your mind Marisol?” I placed my heavenly sandwich down gently on the plate.  

“Can we go outside?” I followed her as she led me to the back yard.  “I think you need to learn to fight in your human form, I am willing to teach you if you are interested.”  

“Why I am more powerful when I phase?  I would never attempt to fight any other way.”

“You never know what will happen.  You may be approached in a place where you may not have the luxury of phasing.”

“There is no place where phasing isn’t an option.” I smirked and went to walk inside when she grabbed my arm.  

“Leah, I am being serious!”  

“So am I!” I retorted as I grabbed my arm back.  

“Don’t you want to be as prepared as possible?” She blocked my path.  

“I will be!”  I tried to side step her to no avail.  

“Maybe you need to be provoked” she pushed me hard in the chest, “Maybe you are scared that you can’t win against me” she pushed me harder, “Maybe you’re sacred I’ll actually hurt you” she laughed and pushed me once more, my hands started to shake I grabbed her hands before she could touch me again.  

“Stop!” I growled forcing her hands together she hissed at me.  She kicked me in the stomach and pushed me to the ground and proceeded to try and hit me, I was able to block most of her attempts but she got me at least one time in the face.  I really had to focus on not getting angry with her. “Marisol stop! What are you crazy or something?” I said now pushing both of her hands behind her and forcing her to be still, she continued to squirm around; I figured this way she would tire herself out and give up on her stupid idea.  Even though part of me thinks that she came up with this brilliant idea to give herself the opportunity to hit me.  

“What is going on here?” Nahuel was at the door with Seth who was holding my now half eaten sandwich.  

“Oh, Nahuel thank God!” Marisol finally released herself from my grip and scrambled up from the ground, “She attacked me!  I told you those creatures where unstable!”  

“I did no such thing!” I noticed the confused look on Nahuel’s face, which caused me to have one of my own.  

“What, I don’t understand?” he said in disbelief.  

“I went looking for Leah like you asked me to, I found her out here alone, I asked her to come with me and that’s when she attacked me.” She even had the gall to whimper like I really hurt her or something.  Nahuel just stood there with this dumbfounded look on his face then the thought dawned on me.  

“Wow, unbelievable!” I whispered to myself but Nahuel heard me.  

“What’s wrong?” he said almost as if on reflex to my response.  

“You believe her, which means you don’t believe me.” The realization of the words hurt almost as much as saying them did.

“I didn’t say I believed anyone” he counter blocking my exit, it’s amazing how well he was beginning to know me, because I was most definitely about to make my exit.  

“He’s right sis he didn’t say he believed her.” Seth said taking another bite of my sandwich.  
“How’s my sandwich brother dear” I glared at him.  

“Good” he grinned, “you just need a little mayo next time.” I walked up to Seth and he let me pass him.  I felt a slight force pulling me back but it stopped almost as soon as it started.  Nahuel immediately followed me into the kitchen and sat in front of me waiting for me to respond but I had nothing to say, I was disappointed in him (Oh God that’s what mom’s say isn’t it, I’m getting old).  I prepared myself another sandwich, I focused all of my concentration on its construction which probably looked as weird as it felt.  I was determined not to give him any attention.  

“You aren’t going to talk to me?” He finally said after sitting there for several minutes, “I’d personally prefer you yelling at me than acting as if I am not here.”  

“What do you want me to say?” I said picking up my sandwich and taking a bite still not making any eye contact with him for fear he would try to ra-dazzle, or whatever.  “You’re my imprint right?  So I have no choice but to make you happy, so if you want to believe her, believe her, if you want me to tell you it’s okay, then it’s okay.” I said in the most sarcastic voice I could muster.  

“Where is this coming from?” he seemed really concerned for my over the top behavior.  The bad thing was that I knew I was being over dramatic but I didn’t want him to get off the hook easy just because is my imprint.  Some things just aren’t okay, for example lying to me is not okay, and not believing me when I’m telling the truth is not okay.  

“Why don’t you trust me?” I countered, “Why would you even think I would hurt anyone you care about?”

“Leah, I was in shock, you didn’t give me time to process what was going on!  I could be mad at you for your lack of patience!”  He was right and I knew he was right, a sane person would have told him he was right.  

“It doesn’t matter you actually thought about the words she said and then looked at me as if I had committed some crime!”

“I am sorry you feel that way.” He huffed and sadness took over his whole face.  Seeing him this way pained me, but the way he looked at me earlier pained me even more.  

“Just leave me alone Nahuel okay? I whispered because saying it louder would make it hurt even more, “I just need a little space.”

---------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------
  
The Silent Treatment

The silent treatment is a very immature tactic and I usually find that people who use it are very . . . well for a lack of a better word dumb.  So I guess I have to consider myself a dummy, but in my defense my reasons for silence were different than the other dummies.  The normal reason people use the silent treatment is to punish the person they aren’t talking to, my reason was that I refused to talk to Nahuel because I had nothing positive to say to him.  It had been almost two weeks since that stupid misunderstanding took place and I still couldn’t let it go.  Maybe it was because every time I thought about dropping the issue he would be hanging out with Marisol and she would give me the arrogant smirk as if she had won something.  

I had even gone as far as to ask Mr. Cooper to change my seat in class.  When I walked into class that day Nahuel’s eyes lifted to meet mine he looked as horrible as I felt, his hair was disheveled and his clothing gave off the look that he had dressed himself in the dark.  I dropped my eyes quickly and took the seat beside Shelly.  

“Umm . . . what the hell are you doing?” Shelly looked at me wide eyed.  

“What, I thought you would be happy I got my seat changed?”  I held my head preparing myself for the tongue lashing she was about to give me.  

“Leah I love you like a sister, you know that right?” I nodded closing my eyes preparing myself for it, “Are you dense?  You know who will be sitting beside him now . . . Melissa McSlutty and you best believe she will be trying to feel all over him!”  She whispered but with Shelly a whisper is not a whisper I was more than sure Nahuel would be able to hear her all to clearly.  So I just shrugged in response to her statement and her eyes bugged out of her head.  

“Leah don’t act like you don’t care!  I know you do because if you didn’t care about him you would stop wearing his ring!”  She was still speaking in a hushed tone but she decided to slam her hand on the desk for emphasis and then shook in pain afterwards, I couldn’t help but laugh at her.  “Leah, go to your seat!” she pleaded with me; she had no idea how much I wanted to do just that.  

“I already am in my seat, you need to stop hurting yourself before Seth has a fit!”

------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------------------

After that moment we really had no contact at home or at school, he obeyed my wishes and kept his distance.  I had begun spending most of my time in the living room, on the couch, flipping mindlessly through the channels on the TV, looking as if somebody had stolen my puppy.  Esme was beside herself because of my grief; everyday she would ask me if I wanted to talk about it and everyday I would turn her down  

One night in an attempt to bring me out of my now full blown stupidity Ren and Shelly came and sat on either side of me on the couch, I looked at each of the and then back at the TV.  

“You’re going to have company tonight whether you like it or not!”  Ren said grabbing my arm and showing me that each day that passes I look worse and worse, I could feel her concern for me. “I get why you held a strong front about this but enough is truly enough, but if we cannot make you do the right thing by Nahuel the least we can do is stick with you and get you out of this funk you have yourself in.” Ren sighed and grabbed the remote from me and turned to one of the music channels.

After about an hour of ‘romantic oh my God I’m gonna kill myself music’ Jacob came in with an life preserver in the form of DVDs.  

“Okay, I have horror, thriller, and comedy” he said placing the choices on the coffee table.

“What’s the difference between horror and thriller anyway?” Shelly asked picking up one of the movies and turning it two it’s back to read the summary.  

“The label on the box.” Jacob laughed.  

“Actually a thriller is suppose to excite and a horror movie is supposed to scare.  For example if Jacob and I were movies I would be a thriller because I am exciting and he would be horror because well he is so ugly he’s scary.”  Seth laughed.  

“Are you watching the movie too?” I groaned knowing that wherever Shelly was Seth was somewhere close by.  

“What, you have an objection to spending time with you favorite brother?”  

“No of course not” sarcasm filled my voice.  Jacob sat with Ren on the love seat and I was stuck sitting with Seth and Shelly I felt awkward like a fifth wheel.  

“I think I am going to bed.” I got up to leave.

“Oh, no you don’t” Ren got up, “all of this pouting around has to stop so sit with your friend like a normal person, you remember normal don’t you?”  

As soon as I went to leave Nahuel and Jasper entered the room.  Jasper had gotten to the point where he altered my mood every time he came around me; it actually reminded me of old times.  

“Hey Uncle Jasper you watching the movie with us?” Ren asked.

“No, I am afraid I have other plans.” As if on cue Alice came down in this very tight and expensive black dress.  

“Bella and Edward will be down momentarily.” She smiled at Jasper, “This was the best I could do in regards to getting some alone time away from the house, I hope it’s okay?”  
“It will do.” Jasper smiled eying Alice in the dress.  Bella and Edward met them downstairs and left the house.  

“What movie are you watching?” Nahuel asked Jacob.  

“We are still tying to figure it out” Jacob said, “we don’t know if we want to laugh, scream, or be shocked.”  

“I’ve always been fond of laughing.” Nahuel spoke timidly as if he didn’t know if his presence was acceptable.  

“Maybe you should join us?” Shelly said cautiously looking at me for approval; they all looked in my direction as if I were going to grow a second head.  I didn’t give any reaction I just stared at the TV; I had the strangest feeling I was being set up.  

“Sure, I would like that.” He sat beside me, he was careful not to touch me.  We both let out sighs of release but I tried to contain mine as much as possible.  I racked my brain for ways to make a quick exit even if it was just for a few minutes.  I got up and went to the back.  

“Where are you going?”  Jacob asked.  

“Jacob, I am a grown woman I don’t have to report to you.” I said walking into the bathroom.  I took the time to make it sound like I was using the bathroom by pouring water from a cup into the toilet.  

When I walked back into the living room I intentionally sat on the floor with my back to all of them, knowing that they would disapprove of how ugly I was being.  I was actually beginning to hate myself, it was like I was getting off on the misery I was creating, I looked back at Nahuel as if it was a reflex like stretching he looked tired and drained.  This was the closest I had been to Nahuel in a long time and I was starting to have a hard time resisting the urges he created in me.  In an attempt not to focus on the most primal urge I had I focused on the secondary one- sleep, I inhaled deeply and allowed myself to relax.  

I fell asleep and had one of the annoying dreams where you know you are dreaming because everything is just too perfect.  In the dream I was in my room sad when someone starts banging loudly on my door.  

“Leah we need to talk!” Nahuel yelled and continued slamming his fist against my door, “Leah!”

“Okay, okay God you are giving me a headache already!” I said opening the door to a dripping wet Nahuel it looked as if he was wearing nothing but his towel, I blocked the entrance so he couldn’t come in, “May I help you?”

“Yes you can, you can stop being stupid I have had enough!” He said walking towards me and forcing me to let him in my room at the same time.  

“I’m not being stupid!” He looked at me with his eyebrows raised, “Maybe a little stubborn but not stupid.” I laughed and he laughed too.  

“Would it help it I apologized for the hundred thousandth time?” I am truly sorry Leah.” He looked deep into my eyes he wasn’t trying to put me in a trance but it happened anyway.  

“I believe you,” I said kissing his lips something I had been missing for so long now.  Everything in this dream was amazing his touch, his scent, and the way he connected with me.  He whispered my name after every kiss along my stomach the last kiss caused me to jump up and connect my lips with his wrapping my arms around his neck, I kissed him with all of the passion I had bottled up inside and it was the best kiss I had ever experienced.  

Until I heard the whispers, “Something tells me I should leave but I just can’t bring myself to move.”

“Why don’t you kiss me like that?” Another voice whispered.  I opened my eyes and pushed away from Nahuel, he was shocked and a little out of breath.  

“I was just trying to wake you I didn’t mean to . . .!” He said defending himself before I said anything.  I looked around he room and realized that I most definitely wasn’t dreaming anymore and that they had all seen . . . whatever it was that they saw, I shook my head this was too much.

“I am going to my room now!” I said to no one in particular, Nahuel rose to follow me, “alone!”
-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------
 
As I made my way to the stairs I heard the front door open and a burst of an old but familiar scent went throughout the house.  

“Mom?” I said shocked by her presence I watched as she and Charlie enter the house.  

“Grandpa!” I heard Ren say in the background.  

“Hey baby!” Charlie removed my mom’s coat, “I’d like you to met you sister little miss Bailey Leigh Swan.” A little golden brown baby with big brown eyes and curly brown hair was nestled in her arms.  

“Mom she’s beautiful, but what are you doing here?”  

“Well Esme called me a couple weeks ago and asked me to get in contact with Sam because she needed his help.  Then about a week later she called again asking me to come too, she said that one of my children needed me, since Seth seems as happy as he always does she must have been talking about you.  Do you need to talk to me about something?” Her eyes examined me as if to pick the information from my brain.  I lowered my eyes and shook my head.  “Then Esme must have been mistaken, but since I am here I get to meet the man you are going to marry!” I froze I just stood there looking at her like an idiot.  

“Honey, you are getting married aren’t you?” she looked at me confused.  

“Yeah . . . umm mom, Nahuel and Nahuel this is my mom.” Nahuel stood up and extended his hand and smiled at her.  

“A pleasure to meet you ma’am” she took his hand and shook it.  

“Would you get a load of the manners on this guy?” she smiled, “Nice to meet you too!”

“He is beautiful Leah!” she said still staring at him.

“Yeah, I know mom, do you want me to help you unpack?”

“Yes of course, and after that you can show me you wedding dress and tell me about your plans” she beamed.  

“I wanna hear them too!” Emily said coming in out of breath she ran to me and hugged me, “Leah look!” she showed me her pregnant belly and a twinge of jealousy took over.  

“I am so happy for you Em!” I hugged her again.  I helped them unpack and they proceeded to fill me in on everything Forks unfortunately for them it fell on deaf ears.  

“Emily dear, can you go check on Bailey for me please?” As soon as Emily left she closed the door, “Now are you going to tell me what is wrong or am I going to have to ask around?”

“You mean ask Seth.” I laughed.  

“I’d rather you just tell me.” She said sitting on the bed and motioning for me to do the same.  I told her about everything that had been bothering me, the lack of privacy, the fear of being kidnapped or worse, and Nahuel not trusting me.  

“Honey, out of all of the things you have to worry about you picked this to be up in arms over!”  She laughed slightly and then sobered up when she saw my face. “Trust is important, but I’d hope you would consider taking Seth’s word over Nahuel if it were reversed.” There was a long silence, “This is a non-issue Leah it’s time to let it go, and life is too short to be petty.” I nodded.  
“Good, now lets go see that dress!” she hugged me.  

----------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------


After showing them the wedding stuff I made my way back to my room but I stopped before going inside.  My mom was right it was time to end the madness with Nahuel.  I went to his door and paused before knocking, I was partly hoping he would sense my presence and open the door . . . but he didn’t.  

“Nahuel, I need to talk to you!” no answer.  I stood there for a couple of minutes waiting, and then I decided to just open the door.  A young woman in all black sat on his bed.  

“It took you long enough” she smirked, “Do you know who I am?” she asked as she eliminated the space between us.  

“Where’s Nahuel?” I knew he had been in the room recently his scent was so strong he had to be here somewhere.  

“It’s rude to answer a question with another question” she grabbed my cheeks and smashed my lips together.  

“You’re Ana, otherwise known as separation number two.”


 


  


& nbsp;