Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Acedia ❯ dysthymia ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

fandom.twilight series
pairing.marcus/seth
prompt.oo5. depression
theme set.emotions
title.dysthymia
rating.pg
words.420 words
notes/warnings.comments are much loved and will net you a cookie for leaving one.
 
. dysthymia .
 
After a long time, Marcus had stopped feeling that nagging sadness that had haunted him during the years which had immediately followed Didyme's death. Time had numbed that particular emotion, and he was glad for that; although, it hadn't completely eradicated it from him. He wished he had, he didn't have to feel the guilt of having his strangely delicate and complicated feelings for the young wolf be tinged by that.
 
It wasn't just because Seth reminded him of Didyme, and every time he looked into those large, warm doe brown eyes he was reminded just a little of her own eyes. A pang of sorrow would lance through his still heart whenever he realized just how similar the way they looked at him was. But there was a difference there.
 
There was a sort of curious innocence to the way Seth's eyes would look at him, and Marcus knew it was because some of that mystery remained about him, even though he'd opened up just a little more to the young wolf.
 
Marcus didn't want to push Seth away, not so soon at least, because Seth could push away those lingering tendrils of sadness which were always threatening to claw at his heart and drag him back into that hell which had been brought on by Didyme's death.
 
Other pangs are brought on by the small reminders of her. Such as Seth's dark hair, almost the same as hers only his is shorter. But the way that Seth carries himself is different from her, he lacks the confidence that Didyme had and there's always a fear in his eyes that Marcus hated to see there. He hated to see that Seth was afraid, because it only made him feel worse about keeping him locked up there, in the sweeping halls of an Italian palace.
 
The knowledge that Aro would eventually grow tired of Seth and probably let him, maybe, return to his pack made Marcus' heart feel as though it would rip itself out of his chest. But that situation was unlikely to happen, if Aro wanted Seth gone, then he'd simply have him killed. Marcus didn't like that alternative either. He just wanted the young wolf to stay safe, and happy, untainted by the depression brought on by an eternity of lonely nights spent wishing for a past that couldn't be.
 
Seth isn't Didyme, Marcus knows that, but the similarities are painful enough for him to deal with. He doesn't want to have to deal with any more.
 
FIN.
 
Comments are made of love, please leave them if you liked this. And if you fave or alert it, then leave a damn review, because it's a little off-putting for an author. Not to mention just a little rude.
 
Twilight.