Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Acedia ❯ serenity ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

fandom.twilight series
pairing.marcus/seth
prompt.o15. content
theme set.emotions
title.serenity
rating.pg
words.472 words
notes/warnings.comments are much loved and will net you a cookie for leaving one.
 
. serenity .
 
Marcus hadn't had the time to make his lover an official member of the elite triad of wives to the Volturi leaders (and he knew that Seth wouldn't appreciate being labelled as a 'wife'), but an odd feeling of content washed through him when he returned to their rooms after a long day of dealing with business. At the very least, Aro was pleased with his initiative of getting more involved with the Volturi's politics.
 
Still, the highlight of Marcus' day was the time that he got spend with Seth. The political dealings were boring and tedious, and required him to navigate a minefield of problems, which he hated, and he had to act polite and nice to people he'd either never see again or he utterly hated.
 
Jane was always lurking nearby, her eyes ablaze with anger.
 
That had been the first thing to go, Marcus remembered. When he'd actually first confirmed to Aro and Caius that he was involved with Seth intimately, he'd immediately told Aro that Jane was to stop her frequent and unjustified torture of the young man or she would have to be severely punished. Aro had been a little unhappy about that, since he was intrigued by Seth's reactions, but he wanted to keep Marcus happy and loyal to them, so he'd agreed.
 
Unlike Marcus, Aro was extremely well-skilled at political intrigue, and loved it. If keeping Marcus meant banning Jane's favourite past time, then he'd do it. After all, Marcus had age and rank over Jane, and Aro wasn't about to lose one of his best and most treasured guards over this.
 
But Seth's change in scent had been the most fascinating thing that any of them had seen in a long time. Now, the young wolf's scent had entirely soaked into his shared rooms with Marcus, and the moment he stepped into them, he could smell his mate.
 
Marcus found Seth sitting on the edge of the balcony which hung over the cliff side. The late evening breeze rustled his hair, sending his scent straight to Marcus as it also ruffled the curtains which covered the usually closed French doors. Faint shimmers from the fading light alerted Seth to his lover's presence.
 
“You're back earlier then you said,” was Seth's greeting. The sunset threw color over his face, highlighting his youth and also his mortality.
 
He didn't move from his position on the balcony railing, instead waiting for Marcus to come and stand beside him. The vampire moved slower then he normally would've, reaching up the moment he was close enough to brush his fingers lightly over Seth's cheek and jaw.
 
Again, that wave of content rolled through Marcus, and he happily allowed Seth to pull him closer so that the young man could wrap his arms around his neck and kiss him.
 
FIN.
 
Yay for fluff, because honestly, this pairing really needs it. Okay, what am I saying? I'm the only person who writes for this pairing, so I should know that there isn't enough fluff for it, and there should be more. Oh, and more people should write this pairing too, that would really make my day.
 
Again, comments are wonderful.
 
Twilight.