Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Acedia ❯ ardor ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

fandom.twilight series
pairing.marcus/seth
prompt.oo3. passion
theme set.emotions
title.ardor
rating.pg
words.346 words
notes/warnings.i give out cookies to those who leave comments, so please leave them to receive your free cookie.
 
. ardor .
 
Seth was hot, not looks-wise (though Marcus would admit quite often that Seth was extremely attractive), but his body temperature was high. Unlike humans who were cool in comparison, the young wolf could warm Marcus' cold body until it was almost the same temperature as a human's. Although, since Marcus was incapable of producing any heat of his own, it faded over time.
 
But that was beside the point. What really mattered were the feelings which the two of them had for each other.
 
Marcus loved Seth deeply, he was the first person that Marcus had truly cared about and loved since Didyme, and even the way he felt for him was different. He loved Seth much more strongly, with more passion, then he'd ever felt for Didyme. That made him feel a little guilty, but when it came to Seth, he seemed to bring out these sorts of strong feelings in people.
 
There was just something about him that spoke volumes about an innocence and naiveté which Seth possessed inspired a fierce protective instinct in Marcus. Along with the deep, burning love that he held for the young man, it made for a potent combination. Not even Aro dared to try and come between them, but the stringent restrictions that he'd placed on Seth remained in place.
 
A lingering sentiment in the back of his mind told Marcus that it was to keep him as loyal to the Volturi as possible. If he had the power to decide whether or not Seth lived or died, then he held Marcus' own allegiances in his hand too. There was no way that he'd ever let the two of them go, they were both too valuable to him and his goals.
 
But that didn't bug Marcus too much, because he knew that as long as Seth was at his side, that he'd be happy, and the Volturi wasn't so bad. After all, if he hadn't stayed with them, then he wouldn't have ever had the chance to meet the young man who made his life so much brighter.
 
FIN.
 
So I was out of town when I wrote most of these drabbles, with limited access to the internet from my laptop, which is why a lot of my updates have slowed. Also, for those reading my other fics, I'm sorry that I haven't updated them in a while, but I've been busy trying to complete several of my claims for various LJ communities.
 
Anyway, leave a comment if you liked.
 
Twilight.