Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Acedia ❯ passing on ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

fandom.twilight series
pairing.marcus/seth
prompt.oo7. loss
theme set.emotions
title.passing on
rating.pg
words.409 words
notes/warnings.comments are love, and you'll get a free cookie from the plate that is sitting beside me.
 
. passing on .
 
Marcus believes that he's gotten stronger over the years, that the grief he'd experienced over the loss of his first love, Didyme, had given him something. It was a way to look at something in a positive light, but that was something that was still a painful subject to talk about. One that Marcus kept very silent about.
 
For one, Marcus had not been old, even by vampire or human standards. In human years, he'd been turned at the age of twenty-one, and only nine years had passed since he'd been turned when he'd first been introduced to a young woman named Didyme.
 
She had been charming, with the gift to make those around her happy. It was a subtle gift, but also one that gave Marcus difficulties in figuring out how it was that he felt for her. He wasn't sure if he actually loved her, or if it was just gratitude and confusion over how happy she made him feel. Eventually, he knew that he really and truly loved her, only to be surprised that she harboured the same feelings for him.
 
For a time, they'd been happy, talking of a possible future with each other that would take them away from the Volturi. Marcus hadn't thought of the consequences of doing so, and he worried that maybe one of the guards had discovered that they were thinking of leaving, and had decided to take matters into their own hands, because Aro had had no problem with their departure.
 
But then Didyme was dead, and Marcus was alone and left with a broken heart.
 
Then, centuries later, Seth had come along and had started to slowly patch Marcus back up, bringing back the man that he'd once been. But he had changed. Now Marcus knew that he had regrets, and he refused to have to know that there were things he hadn't said to Seth, that there were things he would wish that he'd done with or for Seth that he'd wish he'd done if he was ever to lose the young man.
 
He refused to think about that.
 
Marcus didn't believe that he could survive through Seth's possible death, and he started looking into any possible way to make sure that they were never parted from each other. He refused to think of Seth dying, because he knew that would destroy him utterly and completely. That was something that he didn't want to have to face.
 
FIN.
 
Someone please tell me if you happen to see any errors with this, or any of my other drabbles, please point them out to me, because I don't have a beta. I read over all my work, and so there are chances that I've missed things.
 
Again, comments will net you cookies, so leave them please.
 
Twilight.