Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Acedia ❯ uncertainties ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

fandom.twilight series
pairing.marcus/seth
prompt.o12. unsure
theme set.emotions
title.uncertainties
rating.pg
words.304 words
notes/warnings.comments = cookies for you, and who doesn't love cookies?
 
. uncertainties .
 
When Seth told Marcus about imprinting, he'd started to have concerns. It gave Seth an out, reason for him to leave when that could destroy Marcus. For the first time, Marcus felt intense fear and worry about his own place in the young man's life. Too many uncertainties were in their future, and the possibility of Seth imprinting was always hovering in the back of his mind.
 
There were ways for it to be avoided, but Marcus loved Seth more then anything, and he knew that he'd never be able to isolate Seth completely from the world in an effort to have the sole claim to his affections. He couldn't do that to him; he was too important to him.
 
But then there was Seth, and he didn't think it was a problem, which was a small reassurance to Marcus. Imprinting was, as he put it, an imprecise art and that none of them knew how it worked or if there were possibilities of variations. His relationship with Marcus, for instance, was a first and that left them an entire world of speculation.
 
“You told me that I'm the world to you. I know that vampires have a different word for this, and a different process, I think that the wolf part of me recognizes this and knows that you won't ever find anyone else but me.”
 
The wolf in Seth was what Marcus had reservations about. Whereas Seth's human half loved him, and would never consider leaving him because of how deep his feelings ran, that wolf in Seth meant that the possibility of imprinting was still a possibility. Neither of them fully understood that part of shape-shifter lore or genetics, and as such, didn't know what to expect.
 
It worried Marcus that he could lose Seth to someone else, someone human.
 
FIN.
 
Imprinting is not an exact science, yes I am taking liberties of my own with Meyer's ideas, but I can do that. I write FANfiction, remember? I can screw around with an author's ideas as much as I want, because I'm a fic writer. Anyway, commenters will get cookies.
 
Twilight.