Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Acedia ❯ vexation ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

fandom.twilight series
pairing.marcus/seth
prompt.o04. rage
theme set.emotions
title.vexation
rating.pg
words.372 words
notes/warnings.a comment will net you a cookie. so be nice, please.
 
. vexation .
 
For vampires, there is an unspoken rule that you never cause harm to their mate. That is the one unforgivable offence and even the youngest newborns understood that any punishment that they had to suffer through, be it death or torture, was deserved. Of course, Jane had always felt that she was exempt from that rule, just like how she didn't feel that much of the laws governing the behaviour of the Volturi applied to her.
 
Which was why she continued her habit of torturing Seth with her gift. To her it was great fun, and a sadistic means of taking her revenge on him for having stolen Aro's attention away from her for even a moment of time, and that was in her books as something that couldn't be forgiven.
 
But the moment that Seth had ceased to be just the 'honoured prisoner' of the Volturi was when she crossed a line that she should never have crossed, because that was at the point where everyone knew what Seth meant to Marcus.
 
Even though he didn't like her, Seth had tried to tell Jane that it wasn't a good idea to attack him, but she'd completely disregarded the generously given warning.
 
“Jane.” Marcus' voice echoing through the empty corridor broke the tiny vampire's concentration.
 
Within moments, Marcus was standing much closer then before, and Seth was shakily pushing himself back to his feet. Cold hands grasped Seth's and pulled the young man close to him, blood red eyes looking carefully over Seth's face, taking note of the lingering signs of Jane's torture. Then in another quick movement, he had the young wolf tucked safely behind them.
 
Despite her usual disregard for any of Marcus' orders or requests, Jane could feel her body trembling as the rage emanating from the older vampire permeated the room. Only when those furious crimson eyes were glaring down on her did she realize the possibly deadly mistake that she'd made when she'd attacked Seth. And since there was no way that Marcus would ever be so pissed off on account of a friend, she knew that those rumours about the two were true.
 
And now she'd made a grievous error that had possibly fatal consequences.
 
FIN.
 
No I don't feel guilty at all that I'm sort of stealing things from my fic Complexity, because these are all sort of based in the same universe as that one. Though, some do branch off from its continuity so you can't expect all of these little shorts to be the same, since none of them are really connected.
 
Again, comment if you like it, just as a courtesy, thanks!
 
Twilight.