Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Forever is a long time to stay away ❯ why vampire's should never scream fire part 3 - Bella and tracey's story ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 10- Why Vampire's should never scream fire part 3 Bella and Tracey's story.
Previously on Forever is along time to stay away

I'll start from the beginning then maybe you will understand. You see my life before Forks had been... complicated for lack of a better term, I was always alone. I had no friends, I was literally verbally tormented by the kids in my class so you could imagine how I had felt when the teacher had announced that a new student would be entering our class. I was thinking that within a matter of week that even if this person was my friend that they would turn on me like everyone else had that I would have another tormentor to add to my list. I was unable to trust anyone at that time, it was always the same... ALWAYS.... I had given up hope.”


[A/N- I am writing this chapter from personal experience, everything in this chapter has actually happened to me, I am saying NOT because I am looking for pity but to explain why this chapter may be way more descriptive then all the other chapters. Also in the middle of the chapter the different fonts are note's they are passing though out the day.]


November 15, 1999

Setting- Phoenix Junior High grade 7

Bella's POV

Man... I'm going to be so late!” I ran down the school halls tripping almost every step of the way, and running into something hard...

I looked frighteningly at the person I am now sitting on top of, He looked at me in wonder for a moment before opening his mouth.

Excuse me? Would you be so kind as to get off of me?” The mysterious boy had asked, I of course decided to start blushing deeply.

S-sorry..” I stuttered, scurrying hurriedly off of him and then turning around to pick my books off the floor. The boy stood up and raised his hand, I flinched instinctively and he immediately put his hand down, looking at me with a confused/hurt look.

I looked at him suspiciously, why wasn't he hitting me? Why wasn't he yelling at me for my clumsiness? Why wasn't he spitting on me? Looking at me in disgust? Why isn't he looking at me with hatred in his eyes? Why wasn't he walking away from me?

Umm... excuse me?” he asked, I looked at him from my spot on the floor, trying to pick myself up under the heavy load of my books. He extended a hand towards me to help me up.

No! Don't!” yelled a voice from behind me, I turned to see who it was and I wish I hadn't. Standing right behind he stood my worst tormentor of all Bartos Nezwitz.

Move it Swan!” He yelled at me kicking me harshly in my side making me scream out in agony, and curing into myself in pain.

Hey, your the new kid right? I'm Bartos, Bartos Nezwitz. I was assigned to show you around school, it was Swan's job but she didn't show. Anyway stay away from this person,” he kicked me again, this time in my head with his shoe his voice filled with disgust. “She smells.”

I looked up at Bartos with anger in my eye's I could feel the tears sliding down my face, and that seemed to make him feel proud. I felt sick I had to get out of here. I stood up quickly, wincing slightly at the pain in my head and side, picking up my books once more and silently walked away heading to my next class.

EWW, IT SMELL'S!!!” Yelled Bartos down the hall making more tears fall down my face, I looked once more down the hall and saw that mysterious boy was staring after me confusion and pity in his eyes. This boy was asking for trouble...



Miss. Swan?” I was in math class, looking down at my sketchbook drawing a picture of the mysterious boy I had met earlier today, “Miss. Swan?” He was weird to say the least, defiantly not someone who might fit in here, I wonder if he will fare better then me? I hope so, why had he spoke to me? He must have had a lapse of some kind defiantly nothing to get excited about. “MISS.SWAN!!!” yelled my math teacher.

What?” I said awakening out of my revery, blushing deeply as I realized my tormentors were laughing at me, looking at me with hopeful eyes hoping that I would get the wrong answer, “Can you repeat the question please?”

Sin A = 0.5800, find the angle measure of angle A to the nearest degree.”

I thought for a moment before answering with a smirk on my face, “angle A to the nearest degree is equal to 0 degrees.” The whole class groaned around me signaling that I had gotten the answer right, that made me smile brightly.

That's right Bella! Great job!” clapped my teacher.

I rolled my eyes, and went back to my thoughts. It wasn't until the middle of class did I lift my head and thats only because I recognized his voice.

Guy's we have a new student in our class, his name is Tracey McCarty.” So that's his name... Tracey. I looked at his face and saw that he was staring right at me... Great he'll try to be my friend for a week, and then see that I am stayed away from like the plague and then he will be my tormentor, another one to add to my list great.“Tracey? Can you please go take that seat, next to the girl in the blue? Bella raise your hand please so he can see where to sit.” I raised my hand for a fraction of a second before slamming it down on the desk annoyed, with these events.

He walked over to me slowly, almost cautiously. Hello I'm Tracey, Tracey McCarty. The boy held his hand up for me to shake, I just stared at it, looking at him with unbelieved eyes. Was he talking to me? Still? After spending half a day with Bartos? I was kidding when I said he would be my friend for a week, hell I thought he wouldn't even look at me.

I...I'm Bella.” I said softly, taking his hand and shaking it slightly before dropping it quickly. I blushed deeply as I felt the eyes of our classmates on us. “Just a question... you do know about me right?”

Tracey shrugged, “Yeah I know... so what? You seem like a good person I don't understand what that guy was talking about, why do they do those things to you?” I looked down, ashamed.

Tracey? Bella? Could you guy's please keep you eyes up front?”

Yes, Ma'am.” we said in unison.



Tracey's writing
Bella's writing
Bella's thoughts

Where did you move from?

New York City

Really that's so cool!

It's really nothing, okay my turn ... what's your middle name?

I snorted softly, My middle name? Marie, what about yours?

My middle name is Emmett, it is my older brother's name.

That's cool, I was named after my grandmother. Okay my next question do you have any pets?

He snickered softly, looking at me with his eyebrows raised. Any pet's? Thats what you ask me out of the things in the world you ask someone that? I glared at him okay, okay I have a puppy named Sirius.

I looked at him amused, Sirius? Like the guy from Harry Potter?

No he stole my dogs name, Sirius like the dog that guards the gates of hell or the constellation in the sky.

Interesting... the bell's about to ring, finally it's been a long day...

He looked desprite for a moment a and then he wrote, would you mind showing me around after school? He blushed deeply I have no idea how to get home, my father drove me here on his way to work.

I had absolutely no idea what to say, I was speechless umm... sure why not I just have to make sure
I'm home in time to make dinner.

A smile brightened his face, thanks Bella!

I smiled nervously no problem

The bell sounded signaling the end of the school day. Me and Tracey grabbed our coats and headed towards the front doors. I tripped and fell towards the floor, though I didn't fall I looked up and Tracey's face was a couple millimeter's away from min and his arms were wrapped around my waist.

T-Thanks.” I said as he placed me upright. “Let's get going, which house do you live in?”

Parker Mansion.” was his answer, I looked up at him my eye's flashing dangerously.

Parker Mansion you mean the one three blocks away?” I said

He looked at me innocently, “Is it really?”

Yes, you don't need me to show you home do you?” I said, he sighed in defeat.

Okay you caught me... I just want to spend time with you? Can we go somewhere please?”

I sighed deeply, “Okay we can hang out at the park.”

His smile brightened and he grabbed my hand pulling me towards the direction of the park.

This is weird, I feel something arising in me though I have no idea what it could possibly mean.



We walked towards the swings and he gestured, for me to hop on.

Why? What are you going to do?”

He laughed in almost a child like way, “Push you of course!”

AHHH!” I laughed as he pushed me higher and higher, until I was almost at the top. My hand had slipped and I fell off of the swing, slamming right into the floor.

Bella! Bella! Are you alright?” He asked concern etched in his voice and face. I sat on the floor as he sat down next to me and examined my face, asking me if any other part of my body was hurt. I shook my head wincing from the bruise I had received earlier today to my head and side. He placed his hand softly on my hand to check for any bumps, I winced slightly as he touched a tender spot.

Bella? Did you get this from Bartos or falling from 7 ½ feet in the air? How bad does you head hurt?”

The only bruises I have are from Bartos, I'm going to have a headache but I'm fine for now.” I felt wetness running down my head.

Your bleeding!” He took a piece of fabric from his bag and wrapped if it around my head securely, he brushed stray hair out of my face and looked into my eyes, “Your all better now,” he whispered softly as he leaned closer to me he asked me a question that totally took me off guard, “Do you trust me?” I looked deep into his eyes trying to find even a glimmer of betrayal, anything to show he was like the rest, something that would tell me this perfect person wasn't who he seemed to be.... I found nothing.

Yes... I do.” His lips pressed to mine softly, they felt warm and soft against mine. He moved his softly against mine, before pulling away to look in my eye's. “Wow.”

I touched my finger's to my tingling lips, “Yeah, wow...”

Setting- present day (yr.2,156)

The sun was setting and twilight was amongst us it was perfect for once I was truly happy, how ironic that in just two years time he would be the one to break my heart.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Next time on forever is along time to stay away - Tracey's betrayal and Bella's heartbreak

Just tell me this Tracey... why? Why are you doing this to me? Why did you lie to me? Why did you tell me you love me if all you were going to do was stomp on my heart? You son of a bitch I never want to see you again!

I ripped the necklace he gave me off my neck and threw it into the lake, I then crawled up into the lotus position and cried wishing I was never born.