Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ How Many Times Can I Break Til I Shatter? ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“To start this out it was when we were still in Alaska. Her name was Chantal. She was seventeen when we met. She had dark blonde hair and blue eyes that put the sky to shame. Her smile would warm even coldest day… when I saw I first saw you I thought it was her again. But then I realized that it couldn't be her. The eyes and hair were the complete opposite and you just seemed to have something more and I could just couldn't figure it out.”
 
“So you are still in love with her and the only reason you love me is because I remind you of her.”
 
“No Bella it is not like that. You just would have gotten along so easily. She was nothing compared to you. I want to be with you… but I wanted to be with her 10 years ago but before the most horrible thing could happen to a person like her she told to go on. Don't kill myself and to live a happy life. There is someone out there that will love me as much as she did and that she will with me where ever I go.”
 
“Oh honey that is so sad. What happened to her?”
 
flashback about 10 years ago…
 
“Hello I am Chantal… I am lost can you help me?”
 
“Yeah. I am Edward. Where are you heading?”
 
The wind blew her scent toward me and I froze. This has never happened to me before. I heard Emmett talk about it happening to him but never in my life I thought it would happen to me. I had to remember to have self control. It was going to be hard and I knew that.
 
“I am trying to find the nearest book store. I just moved here and I am not familiar to this area.”
 
“ I just go down the road about a mile and take right and then at the next intersection take a left and you should see it.”
 
“Thanks for the directions… Maybe I will see you around.”
 
She flashed a smile to me. I grinned back.
 
“Yeah…maybe.”
 
As I watched her drive away I could still smell her. I took everything it had inside me to not ran after her and take her down. I could swear she was a vampire. She was so beautiful and that smile. I could hear her heart beat and the smell was human. But the thing that got me interested in her more was that I could read her mind. It was all new to me. It drove me crazy. For the rest of the week I would see her shopping and I couldn't hear her. I would be walking down the street and so many men would be thinking about her. It drove me crazy the thoughts they were thinking.
 
It was about a week later when I finally talked to her again.
 
“Hey it's you.” she said with a warm smile.
 
“It's me.”
 
“I have been thinking about you a lot lately.”
 
“Same here.”
 
“I was wondering if you would want to hang out sometime before school starts.”
 
“Yeah sure. Let me guess you are about seventeen?”
 
“Yeah… let me guess you are about the same.”
 
“Yes I am.”
 
“Well at least I will know someone on the first day of school. I hate not knowing anyone here… What are you doing tomorrow?”
 
“Nothing. Why?”
 
“Well I hoping we could hang out then.”
 
“Yeah sure. I will show you around town and some of my favorite places to go.”
 
“That would be wonderful… do you want to meet here around like 9:00.”
 
“Or I could pick you up at your house about 9:00.”
 
“That could work to. I live in the White House on the end of Cedar Avenue.”
 
“Okay I will pick you put at nine then?”
 
“Yes. I will see you then bye.”
 
“See ya.”
 
She flashed her smile and started to walk away. As she walked away the wind started to blow. Her scent hit me like car crashing into a wall. This was going to be harder then I thought.