Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ i would follow you into forever ❯ trails of broken hearts ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

title. trails of broken hearts
fandom. twilight series
pairing. marcus x seth clearwater
prompt. o21. friends
words. 240 words
disclaimer. i don't own the twilight series, it's the property of stephanie meyer.
 
. trails of broken hearts .
 
Embry had been the one who wanted to go, Seth had argued with him about it. Embry had his mother to care about whereas Seth's mother still had his sister to rely on and take care of her, along with Charlie. And Sue Clearwater was made of tougher stuff then Embry's mother, he knew that she'd, eventually, make it through his leaving.
 
They'd argued bitterly about it, and the entire thing had planted a fence between them.
 
One thing held me here, and that's Quil, and now I've lost him to a toddler!” Embry was bitter about the imprinting; and he wanted to escape. But something had told Seth that he just couldn't let him go instead, that he had to be the one to go with the Volturi.
 
Looking back on it, Seth was glad that he'd listened to that inner voice, even if it had hurt and possibly even ruined his friendship with Embry. There were some things that made all of the bad things not hurt as much as they might have otherwise.
 
“Are you awake?” Marcus leaned over Seth, who was still lying in bed despite the fact that it was way past the time when he usually woke up. He smiled down at the young shifter with such warmth that Seth couldn't doubt that he hadn't made the right choice in coming to Volterra. Everything had worked out perfectly.
 
“Yep, I'm up.”
 
FIN.
 
For those of you looking for updates of The Poet and the Pendulum and Ghost Love Score, updates have been temporarily suspended due to my obligations as a NaNo 2009 participant. I do not know when I will be able to update next; updates may not come until December at the latest.
 
I apologize for the wait.