Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ i would follow you into forever ❯ the walls are falling down now ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

title. the walls are falling down now
fandom. twilight series
pairing. marcus x seth clearwater
prompt. o30. death
words. 236 words
disclaimer. i don't own the twilight series, it's the property of stephanie meyer.
 
. the walls are falling down now .
 
He can smell the blood; it's a heavy choking scent which is nearly overpowering. The blood is everywhere, and it's all over him, he can feel it; it's drying and sticky on his skin. It's all he can focus on as he stumbles through the hall, down the stairs. He falls into a pool of blood at the bottom of the stairs, splattering it everywhere; all over him.
 
Back on his feet, stumbling forward and crashing into the door frame - the door's been torn off its hinges and is somewhere in the forest. He doesn't know where, it doesn't matter.
 
He doesn't have anyone to go to for help; everyone is gone.
 
The blood is everywhere; even on the front of house, as though some painter with a love of the grotesque made it his next project. But it doesn't matter. Everyone is gone. Why is he still alive?
 
Even decades later, when he's holding his lover in his arms, he doesn't know why they spared him. He focuses on the warmth, the feelings of blood rushing through his love's veins, and it reminds him that not everyone is dead. He sill has Seth.
 
FIN.