Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ i would follow you into forever ❯ patching broken walls ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

title. patching broken walls
fandom. twilight series
pairing. marcus x seth clearwater
prompt. 070. storm
words. 478 words
disclaimer. i don't own the twilight series, it's the property of stephanie meyer.
 
. patching broken walls .
 
The noise was deafening. Even in a room without windows, Seth could still hear the storm raging violently outside and he could feel his heart pumping wildly in his chest. He couldn't help it; he'd been terrified of storms ever since he was little.
 
It was getting to be unbearable; he couldn't spend the night alone.
 
Getting out of bed, Seth felt his knees shaking wildly as he made a grab for his hoodie that was lying over the chair in the corner of his room. Even with it on, he was still shivering as he wandered out of his room... it wasn't too far to the front door, he could make it there, and then it would just be a short sprint...
 
He wasn't even sure why he was scared of storms; why they terrified him this much.
 
Avoiding the windows that peered out onto the small balcony, it took a few tries fumbling with the lock on his door to get it open and then he fell into the hallway. His breathing was heavy and he was shaking from head to foot, jumping whenever the thunder rumbled ominously and threateningly outside. Taking deep breaths didn't help him, and he just continued to shake, sliding to his knees for a few minutes once he was in the apartment hallway.
 
Destination. Right, he had somewhere that he needed to go.
 
He slammed into the door with a little more force than was necessary, but a particularly loud clap of thunder had made him jump, then he'd lost his balance and collided rather hard with the door. Well, if that didn't wake him up, I don't know what will.
 
Seth waited, patiently, for the door to open, still trembling violently as he wrapped his arms around himself.
 
When the door finally clicked open, Seth was bordering on the verge of collapse from fear alone. Unfortunately for the one opening the door, the next thunderous roar from the raging storm outside was the final straw for Seth and he wound up falling against the other and latching onto him for dear life. The teenager was a sobbing mess and was frantically clinging to his shirt to keep himself upright since his legs had completely given way.
 
Marcus really wasn't sure what to make of it. One minute he'd been reading, heard a thump at his door, and answered it only to wind up with an armload of weeping teenager. He really had had no idea that Seth was scared of storms.
 
Nonetheless, he still wrapped his arms around the teen and pulled him close, offering comfort the only way he knew how; his sister hadn't liked storms as a little girl either.
 
Seth was grateful for the firmness of a warm body pressed up against his - it helped ease away the fear that was still pumping through his veins.
 
FIN.
 
Yes, there is human!Marcus in this drabble. Is that approval?

Twilight.