Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ i would follow you into forever ❯ a lullaby to close your eyes ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

title. a lullaby to close your eyes
fandom. twilight series
pairing. marcus x seth clearwater
prompt. 081. blind
words. 166 words
disclaimer. i don't own the twilight series, it's the property of stephanie meyer.
 
. a lullaby to close your eyes .
 
The screams sent ice pumping through his veins, chilling him to the bone at the thought that he'd come dangerously close to being one of those people screaming in agony - one of those people who wouldn't be alive for much longer.
 
But he couldn't see the horrors being wrought past the hand which covered his eyes, shielding him from the sight of gruesome death.
 
He couldn't deny the safety that he felt enclosed in those cold but strong arms.
 
For once, he was glad that there were people there to shield him from the world because there were times when he didn't want to face it - even though he knew all too well about the horrors it contained. And Marcus just wanted to protect him, he didn't want to have to see those eyes dulled from having seen far too much.
 
Even if this was all he could do, he'd still just place his hand over Seth's eyes to keep him from the world.
 
FIN.