Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Inverted Providence ❯ Night on the Town ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inverted Providence
Chapter 1: Night on the Town
__________________-
 
As I stretch out, I can't help but let out a groan when a knock comes to my door.
 
“Come in,” I say to the person.
 
My elder brother, only by two years, Emmett walks in. He truly is an intimidating vampire, unless you know him. Em, for short, is tall, burly, and heavily muscled. He's actually sweet, especially with his faintly curly dark hair and dimpled cheeks.
 
“Hey, Em, what's up?”
 
He smiles at me, “We're going out on the town. Alice is tired of being in this house.”
 
I laugh at that as Em walks back out, giving me the privacy to change.
 
Alice is my older sister, she's 19. But no one thinks it when they look at her. She's short and petite, fairy like if I think about it. She's almost 5 foot so I don't pester her about it. Alice is exceptionally graceful. She always wears her hair short, spiky, and black, which looks rather good on her.
 
We have been vampires for a long time…to humans. But to us, it's nothing compared to how long we'll be here. Alice changed Emmett before me. She never talks about her change though.
 
I hop off my bed and head to my closet. Alice made me buy a new wardrobe when we arrived in Forks, Washington. Being a vampire for a few centuries helps with saving money, especially when you need it.
 
I pull out some jeans and a black tee along with some tennis shoes. I step in front of the mirror and begin brushing out my long dark brown hair. I decide to let it hang there as I stare into my own liquid gold eyes and how they stand out from my too fair-skin.
 
That's what happens when a vampire relies on a vegetarian diet of animals. Those who feed on humans have bright crimson eyes in contrast to our gold ones.
 
With a smile to myself I walk out to meet them at the car. We each have one, but when it's all of us going together, why waist gas on three?
 
As the family of McCarty, we all moved to Forks as a new start. Having to keep moving keeps us away from humans and friendships most of the time.
 
I slide into the backseat of the slick black sports car just as my siblings stride out of the house. Alice in her flashy attire of a black skirt, light pink shirt, and pink sandals while Em wears his casual jeans and shirt.
 
Em drives us into the next city over where all the commotion is. It's only six at night on a Saturday and everyone is already out going somewhere.
 
Stepping out of the car Alice turns to us. “I want you to meet the boy I'm dating!”
 
Em shakes his head, “How did we not figure it out.”
 
“Because I wanted it to be a surprise…and because he's human. But he knows all about us.”
 
Trying to be supportive I only nod.
 
“Come on he's going to meet us at the movie theater!”
 
Em and I share one of those looks before following after Alice.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
It didn't take us long to reach the theater. Alice disappeared from sight a few minutes ago, saying to stay where we were and she'd be back.
 
I glance up at Em, “Is it really okay that he's a human?”
 
“Only if she's going to be the one changing him or getting him to keep quiet.”
 
I can understand that. Alice started this so it's only right that she see it through. I don't think I could put my family in danger like that. Risking by telling a human or having them just find out. I just couldn't. No way no how!
 
That's when Alice hurries back over to us with three humans in toe. The one that my sister has her hand on is probably around 20. He's tall with honey colored hair and lean but appears to have enough muscle to fight someone off.
 
A younger female, probably my physical age, walks behind them. She's tall and statuesque with her long wavy blond hair.
 
The one coming up the rear is a teen younger than I am, physically, and he almost appears like a perfect looking human. His countenance is almost as flawless as one of us; full lips, straight nose, high cheekbones, strong jaw line, apple green eyes, and bronze colored hair.
 
Alice smiles brightly, “Em, Bell, this is Jasper Whitlock. Those are his friends Rosalie Hale and Edward Masen. These two are my siblings Emmett and Bella.”
 
We all just stand here, no one wanting to move and engage the other group in conversation.
 
Alice winds her arm through Jasper's, “We're going out to dinner. Catch you all later.”
 
The two love birds hurry away. I lift my eyes over to Edward and Rosalie. Emmett steps forward, “So Rosalie want to catch a movie while we're here?”
 
He doesn't even ask anyone else. What's wrong with my brother tonight?
 
She smiles sweetly, “Of course.”
 
As she walks away I can't help but wonder I if that look she gave me was either nice or mean?
 
Edward steps forward, “Want to walk around?”
 
Topaz and emerald connect and I can't keep myself from beaming. He may be a human but he's a good looking one.
 
“Sure.” I say shyly.
 
Walking down the bustling street I can't help but follow him into the lesser parts of the city, listening to him. I kept asking him questions so he didn't ask me any himself.
 
So far I know that he's graduated high school early, his parents are dead, he lives with Jasper, and they live next to Rosalie, who lives alone.

That when he stops and smiles at me. The dashing smile that could charm anyone.
 
“Do you still go to school?”
 
I shake my head no, “Did it all on the computer.”
 
“Oh…your brother and sister really do like my friends.” he states casually.
 
Wait…what?
 
“D-Did you say my brother?”
 
Edward nods and I feel my stomach drop.
 
I thought Em had more sense! But dating a human? How…how long have they been doing this? I have to get out of here.
 
I go to turn when he grabs my wrist and gently pull me back to him. “Bella what's wrong?”
 
“Nothing…I just have to leave. I need to go home I don't feel good.”
 
“I can drive you.” he offers.
 
Well if I don't take it I'm walking home.
 
“Thanks that would be great.”
 
As I sit in his moving truck I have to remind myself to blink and breathe so he doesn't even guess me. My mind keeps drifting to Alice and Em.
 
How…why…how long?
 
“They've both been dating my friends for about since you all came here. I guess it was love at first sight, huh?” he says calmly. Answering my mental question as if he knew I was thinking it.
 
“That…long?”
 
Edward glances at me, “Yeah.” Catching my gaze he smiles. “Well here you are.”
 
I look out the window and it hits me.
 
I never even told him the address.
 
“I use to drive over here with one of them. You were never here though.”
 
There he goes again…answering my mental questions on queue.
 
“Thanks for the ride, Edward.”
 
He flashes that charming grin again, “No problem, let me know if you ever need anything.”
 
I slip out of his truck and begin up to the door. I turn back just to catch his wave before he drives out of my line of sight.
 
If only he wasn't a human.