Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Inverted Providence ❯ Blaze ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inverted Providence
Chapter 10: Blaze
 
I've never felt this cold before. Is it possible that he's perfected the bullets? Is that why I feel worse than I ever have in my life, even as a human?
 
I feel my body crumble onto the ground. I try to breath but even if I could I know it won't help anyway. I let my eyes connect with the crescent moon above me. With burning limbs I reach for it.
 
Aro's laughter fills my ears as my arm falls onto my stomach, “I've modified these bullets. Fire will erupt from the inside and burn outward. You won't see it just feel it and it will kill a vampire.”
 
Edward growls and I watch hazily as he pounces on Aro. Blood spatters the dark green grass around us. I view it all in a bored interest.
 
Aro can't seem to fire a shot into Edward but only into the surrounding trees. On the other hand, Edward is merciless in the fight. Before half a minute can pass Aro is lying on the ground dead. His lifeless eyes gazing into my dimming ones as the rest of his face is smothered in blood; throat slashed, cuts on the side of his head, and a gap in his chest.
 
My gaze is turned away from the site as Edward pulls me into his arms. Worry creases his countenance.
 
“Is there anyway I can save you Bella?”
 
I choke out a no as the predicted burning spreads through my limbs. It flares up at a ridiculous speed and I grip onto his shirt.
 
“I…love you.”
 
Despite the blaze inside of me I grow even colder.
 
I was selfish for thinking I could have eternity and Edward. Destiny isn't that kind. It's always one or the other and I am forced with the neither.
 
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
 
Edward stares down in agony at the limp body clutched against his chest. Tearless sobs wrack through him in a moment of weakness. Soundless footsteps rush up next to his aching body.
 
The strong appendages of Jacob pull Bella out of his arms. The second her touch leaves his, Edward collapses back into the arms of Renesmee. She rubs his back in circles in an attempt to calm him.
 
Silence consumes each of them while Jacob sets his sister-in-law on the soft meadow. Edward pulls his form up to his feet and begins toward the exit.
 
Jacob quirks an eyebrow, “Where are you going?”
 
“I can't live without her.”
 
Jacob rolls his eyes, “You have to live for both of your sakes. Bella wouldn't want you to die just because of this.”
 
Renesmee approaches Edward cautiously. He turns around and she places her palm on his forehead.
 
“Just relax for now.”
 
Without warning it's like Edward falls into a deep sleep and he falls back. Jacob easily catches him and heaves him up into a carrying position.
 
“I didn't know you could do that Nessy.”
 
She laughs lightly, “I didn't either but I'm glad it worked. I guess our powers can branch out as we grow with age as well.”
 
“I presume you wanna carry your sister back and bury her?” Renesmee nods. “Okay then let's get a move on before he wakes up.”
 
Both laugh bitter sweetly before they move out and back to the hideout.
 
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
 
Edward groans as he sits up in bed, “What happened?”
 
“Renesmee let you sleep.” retorts Emmett.
 
“How?”
 
Alice plops down next to Edward on the bed, “We don't own. It's another power of hers. I sent her and Jacob after you after I saw what would happen.”
 
Jasper speaks up from the doorway, “What do we do now?”
 
Edward smiles brightly, “We're going to go out and help other vampires and kill the bad ones so there is no need for hunters. We'll team up with them if nessacary.”
 
Rosalie nods curtly, “I like it. When do we leave.”
 
“As soon as I can walk.”
 
Beginnings start anew with every ending that passes by in life.