Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Love ❯ The Castle ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2 The Castle

Angela shook her friends shoulder trying to get a reaction out of her but she seemed that she didn’t want to budge.
“Bella are you okay?” she asked.

“What name did he say?” Bella asked
.
Angela looked at her friend in shock as she noticed that Bella might have been overreacting just a tad.
“Umm he said yours Bella” she answered confused.

Before Bella could answer the king stepped in “Bella would you care to join us up on the platform?” he asked.
She didn’t think when she walked up to the platform keeping a straight face making sure that she wouldn’t lose her mind. At least her limbs seemed to functioning well as she reached he platform going up the stairs up to it. She kept walking until she stopped in front of Carlisle and Esme as they looked up and down approving what they saw in front of them. Bella hadn’t seemed to gather up the pieces of her mind that seemed to have been shattered by the King and his wife. The realization hit her hard as she mentally broke down inside hoping that she wasn’t doing the same on the outside.

A smile crept on to her face as she decided to accept her fate that she was getting in over her head. But that didn’t seem to bother the royal couple that stood before her waiting for a response out of her. She noticed that they were waiting for her to introduce herself to them.

“Hello I’m Isabella Swan” she said bowing before them.

They looked at her “Hello Isabella I’m Carlisle and this is my wife Esme” the king introduced.

The guards at the bottom of the platform started to disperse the crowd of villagers that had gathered for today’s announcement. Bella watched the crowd leave before returning her focus on the two beautiful creature that stood before her.

“Well Isabella it seems that its time for us to be heading on to the castle” Esme explained.

Bella looked at her nodding following them to a carriage that was parked behind the platform. The driver opened the door helping them in to the carriage showing the at most of loyalty to them. He returned to his seat getting adjusted before setting off in to the forest that led to the castle.

“So Isabella will you need anything when we get to the castle” Carlisle asked.

“Oh you can call me Bella and yes I might need clothing if I’m going to stay with you” Bella replied.

“Oh don’t worry you will provided with clothes when we get home” Esme answered.

“Umm well then that’s all that I needed” Bella said.

Carlisle and Esme sat there in surprise that she did not want anything with the exception of clothing. The rest of the girls requested that they be waited on hand and foot running the servants crazy around the kingdom. She was the only girl that only needed the essentials instead of things that would cost a fortune. Esme felt that this girl might be the one that Edward would need to change his life for the better. She was tired of him being alone and Carlisle felt the same as her about the situation.

Bella left an impression on him that made him think that she was the right choice as well but her strong will might prove to be fatal. He smiled at her hearing her heart rate start racing fast then it had before. Esme looked out the window in to the forest looking at the beauty of it. Bella looked out the window opposite of Esme’s. She also saw the beauty of the forest seeing many animals peer out of the brush before running off in fear. She was confused why would they run at the sight of the carriage becoming a mystery to her.

She looked through the window above the kings head seeing the castle come into view making her heart slow down back to its even beat.
“Looks like we have arrived” Carlisle spoke up.

“Oh Bella your going to love it here” Esme smiled.

She looked up at the castle seeing how massive it was compared to when she saw it from a distance. It was white causing it to glow in the sunlight the more she stared at it. It stood over a large area of land making her feel that she was only a small speck compared to this castle. She felt so insecure about not fitting in with royalty. She walked in to the entrance staring at the enormous staircase that led in to the higher levels of the castle. Her mouth fell open in amazement that she would be living in a place so big compared to her and her fathers cottage.

She suddenly rushed by servants ready to wait her hand and foot rushing her like she was the most important thing in the world. She tried to back away but they only seemed to follow her every step.
“Miss Swan do you need anything?” one asked.

“How can I be of service Miss Swan?” asked another.

“Can I get you anything Miss” a woman asked.

Bella stared at them scared out of her mind she thought they were going to hurt her. She backed up against the wall hoping that they would leave her alone , but that didn’t seem to work.

“Leave the poor girl alone” a velvet voice said.

All the servants turned around in shock that they were caught by one of the children acting out of character. Bella looked at the boy who saved her from the attack that she was now receiving from them.

Bella looked at the boy in fascination “The Prince” she whispered watching him.