Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Love ❯ A Second Chance (Or So We Thought) ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 5 A Second Chance (or so we thought)

He didn’t look back “To get reacquainted with a certain fiancé of mine” he answered silently smiling to himself before walking out of the room.

Bella put some of her dresses in to the cabinet putting most of her belongings away so that she wouldn’t have to do it later. So far all of her clothes were put away so that none of the servants wouldn’t have to do it in the near future. The room was really elegant even though it wasn’t near anything that Bella could ever live in. the room was pure white almost everything in the room was white making the room slightly sparkle when the sun hit the window. Sunlight turned the whole room in to a dream to where she could feel the warmness of the sun and the security of the castle.

After the fight with Prince Edward she was still pissed at him but the peaceful tranquility of the room was starting to calm her down just a bit. Never in her life had she ever been that mad before but that boy had set something off inside her the very instant that he insulted her. The room started to become less aware to Bella the more she thought of Edward in such a angered way. It was like a big nuisance that hung over her head bothering her every second it got. But she decided to ignore it now that she was alone and away from that selfish Prince that angered in such a shocking way.

Suddenly there was a knock on her door knocking her out of her little trance as she walked towards the door. She opened the door just a little bit not fully opening it. Prince Edward was standing in the doorway leaning against it one hand on the doorframe trying to act seductive. It seemed to work on Bella at first as she almost started to drool in his presence before remembering that she was mad at him.

“And what do I ask are you doing here?” Bella asked glaring at him.

He was surprised that she wasn’t hypnotized by his supposedly seductive posture before putting on a innocent face “Oh um I’ve come to make amends with you” he replied.

“Is that so” looking at him up and down “then why, may I ask, are you standing like that?” she asked.

Edward noticed that she wasn’t falling for it and stood up straight crossing his arms over his chest.

“No reason just felt like it I guess, now can I come in?” he answered rudely.

“not if your going to ask in that tone” she said standing her ground.

“What do mean in that tone I’m being as polite as possible now let me in!” he snapped.

“No” she replied emotionless

“Bella!” he snapped again

“Edward” she said crossing her arms over her chest.

She stood her ground once again not moving one inch to surrender to his will like everyone else. She was the only obstacle that stood in his way other than his sister Alice. Suddenly he did something that he has never done in his life not even for his siblings or parents, he surrendered.

“Can you please let me in Bella” he muttered.

She smiled in victory “Yes you may come in Edward” she answered standing away from the door.

He walked in noticing how clean the room was hearing Bella close the door behind him. Walking past him Bella sat on the trunk that was put in place in front of her bed.

“Was there anything that you needed Edward?” she asked.

“Yes there is” he answered.

“Well, Spit it out” she said looking directly into his eyes.

“I wanted to say that I was sorry for being rude to you earlier” he muttered through his teeth.

Bella stared at him baffled that he had surrendered so easily she hadn’t expected that. To his own surprise he was even surprised with the words that had come out of his mouth. His strength seemed to exceed his expectations once again making him so proud of himself.

“Wow your actually apologizing to me?” she asked.

“Yes, is there a problem with that” he replied.

“No, not at all its just that I never expected you to apologize to me” she said.

“What you don’t think that I can be a decent guy” he asked.

“Yea you can be a decent guy when your not being an asshole, pardon my French” she answered him.

Edward glared at her standing directly in front of her starting to get furious.

“So now your calling me an asshole” he snarled.

“And what if I am?” she asked standing up to face him.

“Well if your putting it that way, then I must say that when your not being a bitch I can tolerate your presence” he grinned initiating victory.

Bella’s mouth dropped at the sound of his words feeling her fury starting to build up inside of her. He took hint of her anger not moving in the slightest bit standing in place trying to show no emotion but victory. She didn’t seem to falter before she got directly into his face.

“Leave before I make you wish that you were never born” she growled.

“Ok I’ll leave but first I have to do something before I go?” he asked.

“And what is that?” she questioned.

But instead of speaking of his actions he decided to act on them. He grabbed her by the back of the neck tilting her head up a little before pushing his lips onto hers. The kiss sent a jolt of electricity through her body not allowing her to move or react to his sudden kiss. She closed her eyes feeling like butterflies where fluttering in her stomach as her mind was cleared of any bad thoughts towards him. He kissed her even more deeply now trying to get a reaction out of her but it didn’t seem to work which really started to irritate him.

Edward actually enjoyed the kiss more then he was supposed to shocking him beyond reason. The other girls that he had kissed before her hadn’t gotten this kind of reaction out of him. He actually felt sparks the more his lips touch hers making him start to desire her more then he had before. Her soft human lips gave him the sudden desire for her blood and her body, this situation rarely happened to him. Bella started to feel these desires as well but she instantly started to regret it as she remembered what had happened earlier that day.

Edward pulled away giving her time to breathe leaving her flushed and breathless. He grinned at her but instead of returning the smile she glared at him. Before he could say a word she slapped him with all her might turning her whole body to increase the force. Her slap was enough to make his head snap sideways which surprised him with how much power she had to do that. After she hit him her hand started to sting with intense pain soon realizing that his skin was as hard as marble.

Edward laughed “Wow you actually hit a prince” he laughed.

“Well yes I had to because a prince doesn’t force himself on a lady like” she explained wincing as she touched her hand.

“Is that your way of saying that the kiss was wonderful?” he asked.

Bella glared at him “No its my way of saying get out!” she snarled.

“Okay I will but I leave the memory of the kiss in your hands” he replied.

Edward walked towards the door with Bella on his heels making sure that he actually left the room.

“Thank you kind prince for leaving” she said with a hint of sarcasm.

“It was my pleasure but later on tonight I will send a servant to come and get you so you can meet the rest of the family” he answered.

“I will be waiting” she replied before shutting the door in his face “So I get to meet his siblings this ought to be fun”.

Outside the door Edward stood there slightly disappointed with his actions today before laughing quietly to himself.

“Well there went my second chance” he whispered “Now how am I going to get out of this mess, this is going to be tough”

A.N.~ if there is something wrong with this chapter you are happy to review and asks questions. But if you complain about the kiss, it was my idea plus most of you helped decide what this chapter should be about so I say thank you.