Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Intoxication ❯ The Mutts and Explaining ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Okay, thanks. I shouldn't be too long." He walked over to the window. He didn't really say anything other than okay and bye. Well, not that I could understand. Everything else that he said sounded like another language. "Chief Swan, my parents are going to come to get me. They wanted to know if Bella could come with us to a book signing tonight. I told them that I would ask and that since she wouldn't be staying out too late or miss any school tomorrow because today is Saturday.""Please dad, I'm sure if its past my curfew I will stay with his sister Alice.""Okay but only if you call me when you get to the book thing and let me know what you and his family decide.""Thank you dad."Just then we all heard a knock at the door and my dad rushed to the door. We didn't see who was outside the door as my dad said that it was an emergency and that he had to go to work.

Explanations


Five minutes had passed by and I had been asking Edward why all that happened. I finally figured it out. He was a good liar as well as a mind reader. I know that I shouldn't have trusted him after finding this information out but yet I still trusted him. We heard a knock and he had the door open within seconds. When I got to the door I saw that it was Jessica.
"What do you want Jessica?" Oh man, now I had to talk to her. She knew that I was here. I can't believe this. We had a fight and although it was a stupid fight I refused to change my opinion.
"Now I see why you wont go out with Tyler."
"That's not why. Well okay so its most of it but really I have never wanted to go out with him. He is so annoying." I said with disgust at having to think about that boy.
"Oh. Well its just how was I supposed to know that you have a boyfriend?"
"Bella, why didn't you tell her about us?"
"I don't see why or how it would be any of her business Edward."
"Bella, I'm your best friend."
"Jessica, do you remember in seventh grade? What happened with Mike?"
"Yes. You said it didn't matter though."
"Jessica, it wasn't just him. Everytime that I would like a guy you would go after them. Everytime and I didn't want that to happen with me and Edward but I guess it will. Excuse me, I'll leave you to steal my boyfriend."
I was so into it that I was actually hurt and depressed. I didn't even get into my room before I heard a door slam. As I walked into my room I felt ice cold arms encircle me. The felt wonderful against my heated skin. I really did want to get to know him better. Just then he pulled away and went to the window.
"Its the mutts. Do you want to talk to them? Charlie isn't with them."
"No. Just get me out of here. NOW!" As I said this I saw them coming up the road and I started to panic. "Please Edward. We need to get out of here. I can't talk to them. If I talk to them they will kill me."
"Okay." After he said this he grabbed me and we went out the door. We went out the back and up into trees. Before I knew it we were in an area I had never seen before. We stayed there so that Edward could call his family and let them know what was going on. He told me to call my dad and explain what was going on to him.
"Hello is Chief Swan there?"
"No. Bella, he isn't he went to your house. He said that your friend Jacob called him to say that you had run away and he left to go settle things. Oh wait he's back now. Here he is."
"Hey Bella, are you with Edward?"
"Ya. Jacob came by and I asked Edward to take me away from there."
"I told Billy and Sam what I knew about what happened between you and Jacob. Do Edward's parents mind if you stay over there for a while. I know that they could probably protect you better at this point."
"Are you sure Charlie? I could just have Edward and Alice stay over."
"I'd feel safer if you were with his parents."
"Okay, I'll have him ask his parents. Do you want us to call you at the station?"
"Yes."
"Okay. Bye dad."
After he siad by Edward took the cell phone and dialred his dad's phone number. He spoke to him in what sounded like language that I had no chance of speaking.