Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ The Ties That Bond Us ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Ties That Bond Us
 
By: BellaNJake
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight, or any of the characters in the Twilight series, I only borrow them for my own personal enjoyment. *sadistic laughter* Cough... okay, on with the story!
 
 
I drove up the narrow road that leads to La Push and Jacob's house. Ever since Edward left me, Jacob had been there, unintentionally; healing the wounds of the unfathomable betrayal my vampire boyfriend left me. I blushed in pleasure remembering how we had just admitted our feelings toward each other in every way imaginable last week. After we admitted our feelings we let our bodies get to know each other… about five times. I blushed even deeper just thinking about it. But I did not regret it at all.
 
I felt so much love for my Jacob that I could hardly stand to be away from him for more than a few hours. Since Charlie had not been informed of the change in our relationship—and it would be very awkward being caught doing things with Jacob at my house—so I spent most of my time in La Push.
 
I met Jacob at his and Billy's house for dinner nearly every night. I cooked for them both, and they were very grateful to have some good food for once. Jacob sometimes helped me cook, but mostly watched me lovingly wrapping his arms around my waist in a protective embrace. Billy especially enjoyed me being there, and no longer looked at me with pity and fear.
 
Because the Cullen's never came back.
 
After they had left me, last September I thought I would never be the same. That I would never get over the loss of my vampire family. But, I did, because of Jacob Black.
 
I, of course, missed them. I would always grieve the loss of my friends. Small little Alice, my best friend, with her enthusiasm always coming off in waves to others, was tough to forget. It was hard to be uncomfortable around her big smile and impossible to not give in to her incessant pleading to go shopping with me.
 
And Emmett, the big brother I always wanted; the protective one that would never let his little sister be bullied, not that his `real' little sister Alice needed much protection. Jasper was nice, too; always lending a comforting hand when anyone needed it. I even missed Rosalie a bit; I thought she might have warmed up to me by now.
 
I also missed Esme and Carlisle greatly. They were like second parents to me. Esme was so motherly and Carlisle always regarded me with such respect. They didn't even have one second thought before helping save me from the tracker, James last year.
 
But most of all, I missed Edward.
 
Usually when I thought his name, I would feel a gaping hole in my chest, right where my heart was. But lately, now that I had Jacob, it didn't hurt so much anymore. It just felt uncomfortable, bearable. I really owed a lot to Jacob. He healed me. Made me right again.
 
And I loved him for it.
 
I pulled up to the Black's driveway and, as usual, the monstrous roar of my truck's engine told them I was here. I didn't even cut the ignition before my Jacob was at the door opening it.
 
He grinned at me, “Hey Bells! What're you going to be cooking tonight?”
 
“Anything you haven't already devoured in my few hours away.” I replied giggling.
 
He faked an appalled expression, “Are you saying that I have some kind of freakish, deep black hole for a stomach? I'm hurt Bella, really.”
 
“Awe poor Jakie-poo, here Bella will make it all better,” I stood on the tips of my toes, and grabbed his neck to pull him down—because even on my toes, he was much too tall to reach. He smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist. I pressed my small lips to his big warm ones. I parted my lips and our tongues danced, battling for dominance, until we had to split for air.
 
“Could you please get a room? It's bad enough with Sam and Emily going at it all the time.” I heard Embry complain.
 
I blushed and Jacob said, “What do you want, Embry? My shift doesn't start until 11.” (AN: if you're wondering what he's talking about, he means his shift to survey the land for anything dangerous, like keeping watch. They all take turns.) He was clearly irritated with being interrupted.
 
Embry scoffed, “Oh so I can't come see my best friend anymore?” he said mockingly, “I guess I'll just have to tell Emily that you're too busy sucking face to come to her house for dinner. Too bad cause she was real excited, something big to tell us all. Sam too, they're both real excited.”
 
My curiosity piqued, I started to like surprises (surprisingly) “We have to go Jake! I want to know what she needs to tell us!” I said.
 
He laughed, “Of course we're going to go. You don't have to cook now, I know you're getting tired of trying to feed me. At least Emily is more experienced in the field of feeding werewolves.”
I giggled. “Yep! Let's go!” I said and started walking towards my truck.
 
I had barely reached for the handle when felt a whoosh of air and blinked. I was suddenly so much taller. Wait, no, I was on Jacob's back.
 
“Jake, please let me drive” I whined.
 
Jacob just laughed and started running.
 
I didn't particularly like being so high off the ground, my clumsiness made me feel uneasy and I felt I'd fall at any time. But really, it was the reminder that made me so uneasy. It reminded me of him. How he'd carry me around at blindingly fast speeds—much to my dismay—and make me dizzy with fear.
 
Jacob never once dropped me though. He was extremely careful with me like I was a glass vase that cost millions of dollars. It was hard to not feel safe in his arms.
 
When we got to Emily's house we were the last ones there. Sam, Jared, Paul, Quil and Embry were sitting at the table in front of a massive amount of food—all too normal for them. Emily was sitting in Sam's lap and they were gazing at each other lovingly.
 
Jake sat me down and we went over to sit at the table and waited—like so many times before—for Emily to give the word to dig in.
 
“Go ahead and eat guys.” She said laughing at the boys mouthwatering expressions.
 
I grabbed some chicken and some veggies. A little more than I usually eat, but I was extra hungry for some reason; must be because of skipping breakfast.
 
When we were done eating we all watched Emily with obvious curiosity. She hadn't told us the news she was going to, and the boys were getting impatient.
 
“Emily, what is it that you were going to share with us tonight?” Jared asked.
 
“Okay, me and Sam are getting married!” She exclaimed with joy.
 
I gasped shocked, and then immediately stood up with a huge smile and hugged Emily. “Congratulations you two!” I yelled in excitement. Emily and Sam had been together for around 2 years and it was about time they decided to tie the knot.
 
Emily and I squealed as we hugged each other, and the boys shouted congratulations at Sam. The party lasted a couple more hours before it was Sam's turn to take watch. Jacob ran me to his house and we stayed there in his bed engaging in physical pleasures while Billy was away. (AN: can't write lemons, sorry. -.-)
 
At 10 o'clock it was time for me to go back home. I sighed and got off the bed pulling my clothing on and hugging Jacob goodbye. He hugged me back fiercely and told me I'd see him tomorrow. He had a surprise for me.
 
I drove back home in my truck feeling pretty tired. I barely did anything today and I was so worn out. What the hell?
 
When I arrived home Charlie was there waiting for me. I told him I went to dinner at Emily's and that I fell asleep on the couch there. He seemed to believe me, though I had a feeling that he was suspicious. I had a habit of twirling my hair in my fingers when I was nervous—a habit I'd picked up from Jake—and that was a dead giveaway to my lies.
Still, he didn't question me.
 
Charlie was happy that I'd finally gotten over my near 4 month depression over the Cullen departure. He was glad that I was spending so much time with Jacob, a kid he knew well, and I'm sure he suspected a romance forming there. He wanted one.
 
I went upstairs into my room, and collapsed on my bed. I was feeling too tired to put on pajamas or take a shower. I slipped off into a peaceful slumber that night, dreaming of my love—my Jacob.