Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Twilight//NewMoon//Eclipse*Random* ❯ ::bets:: ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I DO NOT own Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, any of it's characters, or ideas. They are all respectfully owned by Stephenie Meyer of course!! Silly potatoes....

**

"Would you like me to walk you in?" Edward asked politely. He knew the answer would be yes, but he decided to humor her.

"No thanks." Bella smiled innocently as she lightly rejected him. As Edward then leaned in for their goodnight kiss, Bella turned around in the truck's seat, opened the door, closing it behind her, leaving Edward sitting in the darkness. He blinked once. Twice. He couldn't believe it. He stared down at his hands, wondering what he did wrong.

**

As Bella opened her bedroom door, she saw Alice waiting for her on her bedf, a smile on her lovely, pale face.

"So you didn't kiss him, did you?" Bella rolled her eyes at Alice.

"No.... What is this for again?"

"Well, Rosalie and I declared that women have more self-control than men, but Emmett and Jasper say that men have more self-control than women, so we made a bet to see who would give in first." She smiled brightly, giggling.

**

As Edward strolled through the front door of the large house at a slow, human pace, he heard Emmett shouting his name over and over again through his mind. Edward sighed and quietly shut the door behind him. A second later, Emmett was in his face, eyes wide.

"You didn't kiss Bella tonight, did you?" His voice seemed urgant.

"No, she left before I got a chance to. Maybe I did something-"

"Damn," he interrupted, "Alice must've gotten to her already!" He slammed a fist into his hand. Edward raised his eyebrow up, waiting for an explanation.

"Ok, me and Jasper made this bet against Rose and Alice that men have more self-control than women do. Whatever you do DO NOT KISS BELLA!!"

Edward chuckled, relieved it was just a silly bet instead of something much worse.

"That's all? No problem," Edward told him confidentally, flashing his brilliantly white teeth.

**

Bella was laying on Edward's chest, gazing up at the stars with him. Music was softly playing in the background from Edward's volvo. She sighed as Edward played with her hair, curling the ends with his fingers. A slow melody, which both Edward and Bella recognized, came on the radio.

"Oh I love this song!" Bella smiled.

Edward silently lifted Bella off of him, stood up, and took her hand gracefully.

"May I have this dance?" His eyes sparkled excidedly. Bella's spine tingled and she blushed madly. She took his hand and pulled herself up. Edward instantly placed his hand on the small of her back, bringing them closer. Bella rested her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes as he lead the dance. Cricket's chirped; time seemed to have stopped as she was in his arms.

He dipped his head to her ear and breathed, "You are so beautiful."

Bella smiled, her eyes remaining closed. She knew what Edward was trying to do, but two could play at this game.

She raised herself on her tiptoes to reach his ear and whispered, "I love you now and forever."

And that was it. Edward suddenly stopped their dance, gently grabbed Bella's face in his hands, and brought their lips together. He could feel a smile on her lips and mentally kicked himself for giving in, yet still didn't break the kiss. He didn't want to.

**

"HA! WE WIN!!!" Alice shouted. Jasper and Emmett heard the girls high-five eachother from across the house.

Emmett growled, then yelled, "DAMN IT!!" Jasper covered his face with his hands and shook his head.

**

Hehe well that is all! I stayed up all night writing this for you people instead of doing my algebra homework and sleeping so I hope you liked it! Haha! Of course the girls win ^_^ Alice's visions rock so much! Oh, incase you were wondering, the losers had to dye their hair pink for a week. I'm thinking about writing a mini-sequel to this of getting revenge. Anyways REVIEW!!!