Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Heart of Dust ❯ At Her Request ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Heart of Dust
Rating: PG-13
Chp. 5 At Her Request
**C'mon C'mon by Sheryl Crow
***Isobel by Bjork
Characters pulled from various sources
poetry as always is mine.
****** **********************************
The younger of the Ohtori twins was lounging against some nearly hidden corner of the Valerian chuckling lightly at his brother's defeat. Akio had been on a quest to steal away his little sister's "friend" ever since the two had met. With a shrug the younger twin removed his attention to watch the rest of the occupants in the lower level. He spotted two interesting prospects over by the bar, two overly giddy blondes who could have been sisters; he was about to make his way over when he was stopped by the approach of a petite girl with violet-black hair. Sighing wearily he resumed his casual and pseudo -sexy lean against the wall. He smiled when she did.

"Ciao b ella," he said warmly if not a bit curtly.

She continued to smile sweetly, almost, too sugar coat ed for him to bear, "Are you Akio?"

He shook his head, "No little butterfly I am not. I am Dios."

"Oh." It was hard to tell through her saccharine exterior if she was disappointed or embarrassed by the mistake. "I was wondering," she began watching the way his eyes averted hers, presumably bored or too busy checking out other girls to pay attention to her. She sneered , "Do you know where I can find Kanoe?"

That name dropped his attention back to the girl.

"I do but I really don't think you'd want anythi ng to do with her," he replied, his tone taking on a princelier manner than he'd normally allow someone like the insect before him.

"Your opinion," she replied. "Could you point her out to me or tell me where I can find her?"

He shook his head. It really wasn't his concern what the girl was looking for or that she'd probably be dreadfully hurt by the meeting. Dios waved his hand towards the bar; "You'll find the dragon over there You'll know her when you see her."

******************************
**You lay down with angels
To feel y our self again
And when it comes to playing games
You will always win**
******************************

She saw the petite thing moving towards her and kept her expression relatively cold. She looked so sweet and young it was a wonder Juri had survived her at all. Looking closely Kanoe saw exactly what it was that Juri must have seen in her. She was so forgettable in her beauty. Someone you could easily pass by with her simple hair cut and small frame. But that was the thingthe fragility. The girl looked like someone who needed protecting, and Kanoe would hazard a guess that the forgettable beauty did her best to prolong that myth. A true bug, an insect, beautifully fragile with enough poison to kill that was what the little girl was made of.

Kanoe brushed back her long raven hair and took a sip of water, q uirking an eyebrow and beginning a smile when the girl sat down next to her. It was time to play.

"Hi," the girl began.

"Hello , " she smiled the reply. "Are you looking for something?"

The girl blushed and then shivered. It was obvious she felt the danger she was getting into.

"I was looking for a dragon."

"Lucky you , " Kanoe played, "You've found her." She reached out her hand and ran it softly down the girl's face, "So what can I do for you, Shiori?"

She started at the use of her name and then resumed her former stature, "So you know then?"

"Of course I do. What do you want?"

"What do you think," she was transformed from a sugary sweet angel to a snide and cruel little girl.

Kanoe repressed her laugh. "Tell me little Shiori Did you r eally say she was pathetic and," she paused to darken her tone, "I'm merely quoting now 'a slimy little cunt pretending to be a knight in shining armor'?"

Shiori merely sneered, "I believe you left out disgusting wicked dyke."

Eyes narrowed Kanoe slunk closer to hiss, "I find it unwaveringly appropriate that you should label her as the very thing you are. I'd think twice about whatever you think you have planned You don't have the artillery to face me head on." She sat back to enjoy the perplexed look the girl's face. "And you can even run to Juri for protection but I'd doubt it will work in your favor."

Worried as she appeared, Shiori replied to the threat calmly, "She may very well have been yours but she's mine now. I could cripple her and she'd find a way to forgive me."

"Bold words," she was slightly impressed. "But I'm not the only ex back in town you know? She has a wall of protection I'm sure you'll find unassailable ."

************************
It was by her request
That I came neatly dressed
Ready to shine in her light
Ready to relish the sight
But I knew where her heart was
So I let her bow out
It was by her request
And I guess I didn't pass the test
************************

"Satsuki said you were single," the woman said briskly. Hazelnut brown eyes caught behind circular glasses.

Dorothy sighed, "I am."

"But , " she took a sip from her wineglass.

The blonde considered how she should explain, "I have a friend and she'swell she's-"

"Been hurt , " the lady interrupted with swift understanding. "You want to save her?"

"No just protect her , " she answered more honestly than she would have liked.

The lady shook her head with a strange smile; "You love her."

"No I"

"You and t his friend," the lady asked trying not to pry but finding the situation similar to on e she herself had been through, "y ou were together?"

"I'd ask how you could tell but obviously I'm doing a poor job of hiding things today , " Dorothy quipped. "Yes we were and before you even ask why we parted-"

"You drove each other insane , " the lady interrupt ed. She leaned across the table , "You know you can't protect her properly if she doesn't know how you feel?"

"I-"

"And I would suggest you do something about it before whatever you're trying to protect her from snatches her away." The lady eased back into her chair.

Dorothy shook her head and smiled, "Satsuki still knows how to pick em'."

"She does," the lady remarked. "We'd have made a great pair."

"Possibly"

Dorothy felt a familiar pull when she glanced over at the older woman. She wondered how much personal experience the lady was speaking from, and then worried over what had gone wrong. The lady seemed to pick up on her concern.

"It just wasn't meant to be."

"What?"

"Dorothy it is my past that drove me to offer you advise. You were wondering weren't you?" Receiving a nod she continued, "I'll be honest with you then it doesn't always work out."

"So what happened?"

The lady sighed, "Her heart was turned to dust."

*************************
***In a heart of dust
Lives a creature called Lust
It surprises and scares
Like me, like me***
*************************

She sat at the table a long time after Dorothy had left. Nursed a glass of wine and mulled over her past with light consideration. Brown eyes reflective with a memory she hated holding on to. She drummed her fingers for a second and then she reached into her small purse to retrieve her cell phone. She dialed quickly.

"HiIt's me" She sighed, "I hate it when you do that. Une Right Are you busyI think we should talkBecause I hate coincidences and I really hate seeing history repeat itself I'll meet you then." Before she hung up she added, "You know I miss you Kanoe No Because it's never too late."

End