Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Heart of Dust ❯ An Embrace Like Need ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Heart Of Dust
Chp. 4 An Embrace Like Need
Rated: PG-13
C haracters aren't mine just borrowing from various sources.
Poetry is mine
**We Who Have Cast Ourselves Aside -OST Utena #7
***Only Love by Sheryl Crow
****Weather Channel by Sheryl Crow
*********************************

Juri Arisugawa had a grand talent for being a sober drunk. She could keep pace with conversation and keep her motor skills going, appearing as alcohol free as a glass of Kool-Aid. But there was a down side that hit like an anvil and that was the inevitability of her eyes shutting, being locked in the grip of sudden sleep. She had only passed out twice in her young life and that was more than enough for her to learn her lesson. Unfortunately with Kanoe's arrival Juri talked herself into one or five more drinks than she really needed. She supposed it was an easy escapebut there was no such thing where the dragon lady was concerned , p roving all too true when she opened her eyes.

Little had changed in the room since she was last there. Everything was built around sensations, sight, sound, smell and touch. Hazel eyes stared at the polite manner in which her pants were draped over a chair, e ars catching the sound of the wind chimes just outside the window. The inescapable scent of jasmine accompanied by the caress of the silky sheets and it was all too clear the trap she had walked into. Still trap or no one thing was very different Kanoe was holding her.

She shut her eyes. It almost hurt that she could remember the difference in the dragon's embraces. Juri could tell though, almost immediately. There was one used for possession, one for lust, one for victory but the one she was in didn't have a definition she could recall. She sighed and felt Kanoe smile against her neck.

" I knew you'd wake up too early," the dragon stated softly.

"Why aren't I at home?"

"Because you passed out before you could give directions."

"I'll accept that," Juri conceded , "b ut Kanoe?"

"Yes."

"Why am I in your bed?"

A soft breathy chuckle escaped her, "Because the guest bedroom is being remodeled."

Juri didn't have a response to that. She closed her eyes again as Kanoe uncharacteristically nuzzled closer, urgently aware that the only thing truly separating them was a thin sheet.

"This isn't like you , " Juri finally had to mention. She felt another smile being formed and then shivered as it drifted away.

"You were crying , " the older woman confessed. She pulled back, an interesting tone washing through her voice, "Did she really say that to you Juri?"

The lovely panther tried to remember everything she said. She wondered if maybe she muttered in her sleep.

"I don't know what did you hear?"

She felt the words grace her ear, somehow less deadly, yet just as upsetting.

Kanoe sa t up and pulled Juri with her, p ositioned so that the angel was leaning against her chest. She wrapped an arm around to keep the young woman close and used her free hand to quickly wipe a tear from Juri's face.

"Tell me about her," the dragon said, nearly commanding.

Juri refused, "I know what you'll do with the information."

"I suppose that's what makes you a better person than I am Juri."

She dipped her head to the nape of Juri's neck, lips just barely brushing against the angel's pale skin.

"You shoul d probably get some more sleep," she whispered and pulled away.

"Why are you being kind?"

"I'm not," the dragon replied quickly. "I didn't take advantage. Those are two separate things."

"If you say so ," s he grinned slightly and slid back over to her side of the bed.

Kanoe followed suit and when she thought the young woman had drifted off to sleep again she eased closer until they were back in the nameless embrace they had started in. Hazel eyes opened slowly as she heard something whispered in her ear. Something she was never meant to hear and something she wouldn't forget. She shut her eyes again and found sleep.

***************************
**With the traces of wings on our backs,
We become capricious angels
We who do not take example have all
Cast ourselves aside to become fall en angels**
****************************

Something was amiss. The bowl was broken. Kyou sniffed at the porcelain dish. Yes , it was definitely broken. With a twitch of his whiskers he padded over to his owner's room. There was no one there. If cats could drum their little toes he would have and it would have been with great irritation. The cat stalked over to the closed door at the other end of the hall. He lifted his paws against the wood and scratched at it (without using his claws) . After what seemed a lifetime the door swung open, a sleepy redhead gazing down at him. Kyou flicked his tail and began to saunter over to the kitchen stopping half way when he noted he wasn't being followed. He finally had enough. The bowl needed to be fixed. He wouldn't have a broken bowl in his house.

"Merow."

Cathy glanced down the hall and perked an eyebrow, "Where is Juri?"

Kyou really didn't have time for discussion he had a mission and a growling stomach. He ran over and rubbed against the redhead's leg releasing another ' meow ' . With a sigh she walked over to the kitchen the cat right on her heels. The cat stopped directly in front of the broken bowl and pawed at it.

"Ok Kyou I get the picture", Cathy stated, "I'll fix the bowl."

She quickly picked it up and placed it on the counter, took a can of cat food out of the cupboard and gingerly scooped it into the bowl.

"Happy now," she asked setting the food down.

Kyou twitched his whiskers, sniffed and looked up at the redhead in something bordering on disgust. Before Cathy could say anything a weary voice intruded.

"You forgot to add some dry food , " Juri stated as she sauntered into the kitchen.

Juri made the correction and Kyou purred just before setting in to devour the now perfect food.

"So," Cathy crossed her arms over her chest, " w here have you been?"

"Kanoe's."

"I know I didn't hear that right."

Juri leaned against the counter and sighed, "No you heard right."

"But-"

"Cathy I had a r eally long night and I'm tired," was the quick interjection. "I'm gonna go lay down for a few minutes before I have to go to school."

She watched as Juri slunk away to her room. She was still a little shocked and unsure of what to make of the situation. After processing it for a moment longer Cathy did the only logical thing she could think of She called Dorothy.

***********************
After all it isn't the same
And don't you trust me
I don't know how to play the games
You know very well I hate to lie
Because it's the truth dear
That really makes us cry
**********************

"Dorothy if you aren't going to calm down I'll hang up , " Juri stated forcefully.

There was a pause and a breathy, "Fine."

"Will you let me explain?"

"I'll try."

"That's a good start."

Juri pressed the phone into her ear with her shoulder as she underlined a few things in one of her various textbooks.

"Well?"

She sniffed and held the phone properly, "Okay then Yes I was at Kanoe's. Yes I was there all night." Sh e began to pace around her room, "But no I didn't sleep with her."

"And she just left you alone , " Dorothy asked with a sarcastic bite.

"Yes, she left me alone."

There was an ominous pause on the other end. Juri could almost picture her biting at her lip and scowling.

"Did you sleep in the same bed with her?"

The auburn haired beauty threw her hands up with a silent scream before bringing the phone back down to her ear , "Yes."

"Juri ," i t was too soft almost a regret.

"Dorothy I would like you not to worry about this please."

"I don't trust her Juri. Not where you're concerned."

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Don't avoid the question Where I am concerned why don't you trust her , " Juri asked softly sitting on her bed again.

"Because despite everything I've ever heard of her her reputation, her games the string of hearts she has in her trophy case"

"Dorothy."

"Let me finish Juri," was the strange plea. "I've seen the way she looks at people at the Valerian, and a long time ago I saw the way she watched you. It's different Juri and I can't describe it."

"Jealous."

"Maybe but that isn't the point. You are not prey for her to devour. And deny it if you want but she has something planned for you that you won't be able to fly away from."

Juri leaned back into her pillows, and said, "Then I'll be sure to watch for it."

**************************
***Think I met my ma tch again
Standing by the candle light
In the middle of this blizzard
You came and melted all the ice***
**************************

Dorothy clicked her cell phone shut and sighed.

"Having trouble?"

She looked over at woman across from her and shook her head.

"May be we should meet another time," the woman offered.

"No let's just," she paused to think for a moment. "How do you save a broken heart?"

"You're asking me?"

"I'm asking in general Satsuki , " Dorothy amended.

Satsuki raised an eyebrow as she replied in her deadpan tone, "In general broken hearts are not to be saved they are to be healed." She almost smiled as she added, "You still have a thing for her that angel?"

"No not a thing."

Her brown eyes seemed vacant for a moment before she stated, "Good. Then you won't mind my introducing you to some one."

************************
****You can hear it
Sirens warning
There is weather on both sides
And I know it's coming
Can you make it better for me
Can you make me see the light of day****
*************************


To be continued