Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Other Side Of The Picture ❯ Your Not Welcome! ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here I am with yet another chapter on TOSOTP. I’m glad this is pulling over so well. This was my first fanfic ever and it’s jointed with Red Rose Touga, be sure and read her stuff, it’s really good.

I suggest the Darker Shades of Green! One of the best Saionji fanfics I’ve ever read!

On with the fanfic!

I I I

The Other Side of the Picture

Chapter 8: You’re Not Welcome!

I I I

You talk non stop

You think it’s so cheery in the leader’s spot

You say your way never fails

Well, I might as well sit here and paint my fingernails

-Who Do You Think You Are? – Sailor Moon –

I I I

Outside of Ohtori Academy, a green haired man walked around, thinking to himself as he did.

‘I am the one that Arisugawa holds to her heart?’ He thought. ‘Not Miki, Shiori, Tenjou, Touga…Just me…but why?

I’m just as confused as you are. Is that what you wanted to hear?’ The flashback of her words ran through his head.

‘Perhaps she’s gone mad or something or maybe this is all some sick, twisted dream I’m having.’ He sighed. ‘Well, now I know the answer I had been seeking, but…Am I glad I inquired or am I dreading it?...It’s more like a state of shock. Now I know she has feelings for me, but the question is…What kind?’

He stood there for a while, in a few moments of silence. The faint wind blew and messed with the green strands of hair. Saionji closed his eyes and smelled the sweet, gentle wind that carried a faint smell of roses. The kendo-ka could hear the faint rushing of water and opened his amethyst eyes and looked towards the ground to see a golden object wash up around his feet.

“Hmmm? What’s this?” He questioned as he bent down to pick it up. He examined it in his hand. “It’s Juri’s locket, but why did she throw it in the lake?...It was either the humiliation of the duel or her conscience getting to her again. The picture is water-logged.” Saionji looked at the picture of himself within the locket’s confines.

In Juri’s room, she sat on her sophisticated bed, bent over slightly propping her head up with her hands, elbows rested on each knee.

A top of her dresser, the picture of Shiori stood upright, framing her bright, smiling face, and the other picture laid face down, the picture inside remained a mystery.

‘Where in the hell are these thoughts coming from?’ She spread her fingers apart, revealing one azure orb. “I’m going to go crazy over this. Moving on is never easy.” Juri looked at the photograph of Shiori. “I wonder if it’s hard for you, too.”

The curly haired woman sighed to herself.

“Maybe I should sleep it off.”

In the room of the Seitokai vice President, he was hard at work composing a letter. He scrolled each intricate kanji sign on the white and paused briefly to think to himself, the locket laying open by the letter, in which, he occasionally glanced at.

The orange haired woman was lying on her bed fast asleep. Juri looked passive and calm when sleeping. In her sleep: the one place where she could get away from the harsh times she was facing with both Shiori and Saionji.

When she awoke, she rubbed at her eyes and stretched, then put a hand up to her mouth and emitted a small yawn.

She noticed something sticking out from the bottom of the door, so she walked over and picked it up.

It was a letter, sealed with a rose seal. The orange haired woman looked at it awkwardly. It simply had her name on it, nothing more.

“Hmmm…” She inquired, before running her finger across the seal to break it. She lifted up the flap and lifted the parchment within out slowly, as she did; her locket fell out of the letter.

“What the?” Her eyes widened. Juri was almost sure that the locket had been chunked into the lake. “Where did this come from? Who? How?” She questioned.

‘Who saw it?’ The orange haired girl took out the letter and opened it swiftly, to see who had written it.

The letter stated:

Dear Arisugawa Juri,

First things first, just look in the locket…

Juri followed the letter’s instructions. There was a different picture of Saionji in the locket. In this picture, he wore a calm expression and a bit of a smile. The duelist quickly looked back to the letter.

‘I changed the picture. The one that was in it was withered from the water, so it didn’t fit properly back into the space.

I provided it with a new picture. I don’t usually smile, so it was hard to find one of me that was smiling or something close to it. I managed to find this one and I hope it would be to your liking.’

Juri narrowed her eyes. ‘He’s trying to humor me…That…’ She read on.

‘I thought I’d return it to you, seeing as I found it in the lake. Just thought I’d give it to you before anyone else found it.’

“How kind of you…” Juri spat sarcastically.

‘I’m still going to find out your long awaited answer. I will know why my picture is in you locket.

Until then, you can rest with your secrets. As for why I caught you in the rain…Wouldn’t you like to know?

I could just say that I was returning the favor. When you can tell me, I can tell you.

It may sound like I’m being a bit manipulative here, but perhaps it could be that I believe one should know about their picture in someone else’s locket.’

“He’s trying to trick me again.” Juri clenched the letter, her anger causing it to shake in her fist. “I know he’s tricking me.”

‘Why does he have to torment me so?’ She thought. ‘It’s bad enough that I have unsettled feelings for him, but does he have to taunt me? He always seems so close, yet so far away. It’s like he’s pushing me away, yet intriguing me to know more.’

‘Damn him! Why can’t I get him out of my head?’

The orange haired woman looked at the golden locket in her other hand; it was flipped open, revealing the evergreen picture of the Seitokai Vice President, Kyouichi Saionji, smiling that same smug smile.

“How I loathe you.” Juri said with malice as she looked at the photograph. “Why must you understand me silently? As long as I’ve been around you, you don’t think that I’d know you to know things that take years to figure out? You’re always intelligent and perceptive…So…Does that mean you know my feelings and you’re trying to say something to me?”

She glared at the picture.

“Why? Why can’t you just come out and say it?” Juri paused. “Maybe you can’t for the same reasons I can’t. You never want anyone to get close to you, do you Saionji?”

She sighed to herself.

II.

On a non-descript wall of Ohtori Academy, the shadow girls play girls were at it again.

A-ko was dressed up in a ball room gown with her hair done, and B-ko was dressed in a suit wearing a false mustache.

“Where is it?” B-ko demanded.

“Some day I’ll find it, and then I’ll open the secrets within. I’ll be famous!” B-ko pointed a finger into the sky.

“You’ll never find the jewel!” A-ko replied. “I’ll be its true discoverer! Though I hate the way it looks and I think it will make distasteful jewelry, I’ll discover it for the sake of discovering it! The only thing that matters, is knowing the secrets locked inside of the jewel’s location. Once I find that I can finally be at ease.”

“Not if I beat you to it.” B-ko stated simply.

II.

The curly haired woman sat on a chair in her room, looking over the events that had passed and thinking things to herself about both Saionji and Shiori.

‘Who knew that this kind of situation could be so cumbersome?’ Her thoughts seemed to ask no one in particular. ‘Why have my thoughts been so centered around Kyouichi lately? Not even I can come up with an answer to it.’ Juri ran a hand through her hair in vein. ‘Do I have feelings for him?’ She closed her eyes and smiled. ‘Don’t make me laugh.’

TBC

Preview for chapter 9:

When your world comes crashing down around you, only then can you truly understand your heart.

A/N: That was a bit short compared to some of my other chapters, but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless. Please R&R!