Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Other Side Of The Picture ❯ It Can Always Hurt Worse ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here I am with another chapter. This should be a better chapter then the last one. Oh warning for the Anthy fans, but nothing too typical from what happens in the series. I love Anthy, probably one of the few who does, I like most all of the Utena characters (even Nanami and Shiori) though Red Rose Touga HATES Shiori.

Anyway, please R&R!

I I I

The Other Side of The Picture

Chapter 13: It Can Always Hurt Worse

I I I

Time envelops both love and pain

Until they fade away

But I still remember them

And always will

Radical Dreamers – Chrono Cross

I I I

Juri’s phone rang again.

“Hello?”

“Good afternoon.”

“I didn’t think you’d call today.”

“Just figure I’d do the lonely leopard a favor. Since it missed its object of hatred so much.” He smirked.

“Look, I already said I didn’t hate you anymore - .”

“I can tell. You gave me your picture, remember?” Saionji gazed at the picture in amusement. “You didn’t give it to me just to burn.”

She glared into the receiver.

“I know you’re glaring at me.” The green haired one said. “So, how are you? Still same shit different day?”

“Pretty much.” Juri closed her eyes. “So, what about you?”

“Still rotting.” Saionji replied. “So, how are things at the Academy?”

“Same as always.” The female duelist told him. “Heh, did you throw my rose away?”

“Of course not.” The kendo-ka replied. “I don’t have any water nearby where I am, so I’m preserving it.”

He opened a book he was holding to reveal a withered rose in-between the pages.

“Wherever you are, you sound happy.” She replied.

“As happy as getting expelled can get.” He gave a small chuckle.

“I’m sure getting away from all of that schoolwork kills you.”

“Maybe missing you does.” He purred playfully.

“What?” Was the inaudible reply.

“Well, must go. See you later.” The phone was hung up.

“Bye…”

A few days after the phone call, Juri was walking down the path and saw Himemiya Anthy walking the opposite direction. She noticed a small leaf pin adorning her hair.

‘What the?’

The curly haired duelist watched her walk a bit further, passing Wakaba, who stopped and had a hurt look on her face. Wakaba then ran off.

‘What’s going on here?’ She narrowed her eyes and followed Anthy, though she didn’t want to speak to her. Anthy was humming a cheerful tune as she walked to Utena’s dorm. Suddenly, she felt a hand tap her shoulder. She turned around.

“Yes, what is it?” She smiled with a turn of her head.

“Where did you get that pin?” Juri asked monotonely.

“Saionji-sama made it for me.” She stated simply.

Feeling something she couldn’t place, a brutal slap was emitted, Juri herself not knowing why she smacked Anthy. It wasn’t out of spite, nor was it because she was pulling things. Glasses bounced off of the stone pavement.

Soon after Saionji returned, Juri saw him and narrowed her eyes at the smiling, waving figure.

IX.

On a non-descript wall of Ohtori Academy, the shadow girls, A-ko and B-ko were both seen and heard.

“OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” A-ko screamed as she held her face dramatically.

“What is it?” B-ko asked.

“I accidentally sent my baby pictures to my worst enemy! I don’t know what to do! Who knows what will happen to me once they see them!”

“Looks like a predicament, doesn’t it?”

“That’s all you can say!” A-ko wailed.

“It’s not my problem.” B-ko shrugged.

“UWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”A-ko cried twin rivers.

IX.

Saionji unpacked his things in his dorm room. It took him a while to get everything out and situated. When the kendo captain was done, he wiped his forehead with his sleeve and let out a sigh.

“That was time consuming.”

“Oh, so you’re done.” A feminine voice cut into the last part of Saionji’s sentence, when he turned his head, a lean, feminine figure was present. Her shoulder blades were leaned against the door frame, supporting her. Her arms were crossed tightly over her chest.

“Arisugawa.” Was his only word.

“Welcome back, Saionji.” She frowned.

“What’s with you?” He asked, oblivious to what was going on.

“Thanks for saying hello to me. I’m glad you waved in my direction.”

“I didn’t see you.” Saionji replied. “Sorry, my vision doesn’t go father then preherbial.”

“Don’t play stupid with me!” She walked up to him.

“What are you talking about?”

“I saw the pin you gave Himemiya. She told me that you gave it to her.”

“Why are you so angry? It’s not like it meant anything to you. You’re just my friend…that is all.”

A loud smack was heard. Saionji stood there, completely dumbfounded, holding the side of his face with his right hand. His right cheek stinged with a red mark.

‘She hit me!’

“Bastard!”

“What the hell did I say?” He roared. “That was uncalled for! How dare you hit me!”

“Your attitude is the only thing that’s uncalled for!”

“Attitude?”

“I can’t believe I even came here to welcome you back, thinking that you changed. You should quit being stuck on the past and get through your head that the Rose Bride doesn’t love you because she has no feelings.” Juri replied.

“Well you should stop whining about Shiori! Everyone has betrayals…Not just you. So maybe when you get over her, I’ll get over Himemiya!” He yelled.

“Why do I always have to make the first move? You scared?” Juri pushed.

“I’m a hell of a lot braver then an irritating woman like you!”

“At least I’m not a pompous asshole who goes around messing with people’s emotions. You think your always right and you think you know everything.”

“At least I don’t sulk around whining about miracles.”

“There are no such things!” She protested.

“See? That proves my point.” He crossed his arms. “This whole thing is immature and rather irritating.”

You’reimmature and irritating.” Juri spat.

“Then leave.”

“You leave Mr. You go first and I’ll follow.” She snorted.

“You’re in my dorm, stupid.”

Juri held her tongue this time. Biting back her anger, she glared at the kendoist, who could, for once see a flicker of hurt in her eyes.

“I don’t know what I ever saw in you. You just tricked me into being your friend, like you tricked me into dueling you to find out who was in my locket.” She said, somewhat sadly. “I have no idea what I ever thought could’ve been the same about you and I…”

“You’re more worried about Shiori’s affairs.” He replied in a quelled voice.

“Well, you care more about Himemiya.”

“Because I can never be first in anyone’s book.” They both replied in unison.

They each wore a look of déjà vu as they held gaze on each other.

“What?” Saionji turned to see that Juri was gone.

‘So, you want to be first in someone’s book as well. Arisugawa, are you tired of being alone as well?’

TBC

Preview for Chapter 14:

They say that you never know what you’ve got until you’ve lost it…But can feelings overcome the pain that has been caused?

A/N: These chapters aren’t fun to write and mostly are short. I hope they are IC, I did stop writing for a few days, but I got ideas. So there is more to come. Anyway, please R&R and tell me if I did a good job!