Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Other Side Of The Picture ❯ I Won't Let Him See My Cry ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Okay, I took a rest, it was a long rest, but it still was a rest indeed. Please be sure to check Oneesan no Miroku Houshi’s works, if you haven’t already. She’s the one who gave me this idea. Anyway, thanks for the reviews! Really!

I I I

The Other Side of the Picture

Chapter 14: I Won’t Let Him See Me Cry

By: Hinoto Nobukaze

I I I

When I think of the first time

I thought I found someone who cared for me

Things were not as they appeared to be.

Rainy Day Man- Sailor Moon dub

I I I

Juri walked down the hall, a sorrowful expression on her face. She paced out of Ohtori…and kept on walking.

In her room, the green rose sat in its vase. She walked as far as she could, and made sure that no one was around. The orange haired woman dropped to her knees, a sorrowful expression on her face.

‘Well, you should stop whining about Shiori! Everyone has betrayals, not just you. So maybe when you get over her, I’ll get over Himemiya!’

The flashback came to her head, causing her to involuntarily wince at the remark made.

She gave herself a comforting hug, wrapping her arms around herself. Azure eyes clenched, not wanting to release the unshed pain.

‘Why can’t I decide?’ She thought.

‘At least I don’t go around whining about miracles!’

‘But there really are no such things as miracles when you have been nothing but proven otherwise…’ Her thoughts contradicted her last flashback.

A lone crystalline tear fell down Juri’s cheek as she lowered her head.

Saionji stood in his dorm room.

‘She thinks we’re alike…’ He thought as he rubbed his cheek.

‘The Rose Bride doesn’t love you because she has no feelings for you.’

‘If you only knew…’ He closed his eyes. ‘I only desire the Rose Bride to beat Touga at his own game. I had the power over him when Anthy was mine.’

‘Why do you always have to make the first move? You scared?’

His eyes re-opened.

‘I was never the leader…Was I?’

You’re immature and irritating!’

‘Is that what you really think? If that’s true, then why is my picture in your locket? Or perhaps it’s not anymore.’

‘Well, you care more about Himemiya.’

‘Not in the way you think, Arisugawa…And why do you care if I do?’

A flashback of the harsh smack ran through the kendoist’s head as he still held his cheek, a small twinge of pain still lingered.

‘You have some audacity to strike me, Arisugawa. You’re the only one who’s ever dared to stop me. I’m still in a state of disbelief after that escapade.’

He pulled the book out which contained the rose and narrowed his eyes.

‘Why do I try? I’m beginning to think that the something eternal I want cannot be obtained.’

He opened the book and took out the flattened orange rose.

‘Because I can never be first in anyone’s book!’

He sighed as he shut the book slowly. ‘So…You’re alone in the world as well, and feel as if no one understands you.’ He sat the book at the table.

‘You used to think that we were one in the same, didn’t you? Perhaps we are…’ He smiled as he pulled her picture out of his pocket.

TBC

Preview for chapter 15:

Everyone has their story. A story of a past when times weren’t filled with friends. A time when there was no one who could understand.

A/N: Wow, that was incredibly short. It’s kind of like a prologue. Geck I could’ve done better then that! Anyway, please R&R and feel free to whine about my chapter shortness.